Time up for Binotto? | FerrariChat

Time up for Binotto?

Discussion in 'F1' started by garrobitto, Jul 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. garrobitto

garrobitto Karting

Jul 12, 2020
    Alameda
    Full Name:
    Garrobito Alado
    After today's racing, I feel like Mattia Binotto is not the best suit for the position as head of f1 Scuderia.
    If he cannot make drivers work together and totally concentrate and produce a ridiculous accident like today, it's time to go.
    I would love to see somebody like Toto Wolff working for Ferrari.

4right and 444sp like this.
  2. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Who do you want? Bring back Luka de Montezuma? (Well, yes, a definite maybe--now that sweater is gone)

garrobitto likes this.
  3. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

The real question - who to replace Binotto. Who wants the job now lol? :)

4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I'm confused, I thought Binotto's strength was the tech end of things, and it seems their tech package is a disaster? Did I read here that he was lamenting that their modeling did not square with the actual performance of the car? If so, that seems like another major technical failing...T

of2worlds likes this.
  5. garrobitto

garrobitto Karting

Jul 12, 2020
    Alameda
    Full Name:
    Garrobito Alado
    I think Guenther Steiner could a better job under this circunstances

6. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Welcome to FChat F1.

garrobitto likes this.
  7. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    Real talk - Yes, it’s not working out. Did you see the McLarens trade positions today? Do we see the Mercedes crashing into one another? I believe he deserves a spot on the LT but perhaps not cut from the cloth of a true team boss.

root likes this.
  8. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Not time to get rid of more people again. I like Binotto. Time to get some more good people onboard. Andy Cowell!

fil, stavura and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  9. garrobitto

garrobitto Karting

Jul 12, 2020
    Alameda
    Full Name:
    Garrobito Alado
    Binotto can be a good engineer but he does not have the gut to squeeze the best from Ferrari. You need to has a very strong personality to keep with the "Ferrari lifestyle". I really feel the Scuderia need a strong conductor and Binotto does not fill the shoes.

Nembo1777 and 444sp like this.
  10. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    So, for example, arguably the most important thing for Ferrari to vote on in the coming future is testing--unlimited testing.

Or they might just as well roll up shop and stay home.

John_K_348 and 635CSI like this.
  11. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Binotto is spread way too thin. They need leadership above making some big moves and recruiting more talent, because whatever Ferrari has now is clearly nowhere near enough. The team became so gimped after Marchionne died.

John_K_348 likes this.
  12. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Do you know how many Team Principles Ferrar has been through IF Ferrari sacks Binotto?? Compare that to Mercedes or RedBull.
    Binotto's been at the helm for about a year and a half and his first year, the car was under the direction of Arrivabene. Binotto has also made alot of moves within the F1 organization. I'll agree this SF1000 is embarrassing, but give Binotto another 2 to 3 years to turn things around....okay....3 years. Not to mention Sainz comes on board in 2021 which is a way different age group than say Seb & Kimi. This constant changing of TP's is'nt good for the Scuderia in this turbo hybrid era.

13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Binotto needs to be put back in the role he excels in. Some of us questioned his move to TP, as he really doesn't have much business being in that positon.

The SF1000 is an embarrassment. It's slower than a 3 year old car ffs.

14. garrobitto

garrobitto Karting

Jul 12, 2020
    Alameda
    Full Name:
    Garrobito Alado

So up to you, we need to suck the next 3 years?? Hire Toto Wulff or Gunther Steiner (Steiner I'm sure is way less expensive than Wulff), make a revolution, cut few heads here and there and I'm sure will have a winning team next year... keep his way and in one year we will keep crying rivers for Ferrari

15. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    His time to go was a while ago. He maybe a great engineer, but he’s not a leader.

16. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Merc and RB have real leadership. Wolf and Horner are top notch leaders and it shows year after year.

TurboFreak650, A348W and william like this.
  17. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    The car has been getting slower since MA left. Not tackling long standing problems on the pitwall and capitulating to FIA on the engine freeze means the guy is out of his depth. It is also probable that there are leadership issues above him.

The performance of this car should be a wake up call to everyone at Ferrari.

TurboFreak650, classic308 and 444sp like this.
  18. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    The problem as I see it, if you sack Binotto then who is available and his only recourse is to leave the team when talented engineers are in short supply. Keep Binotto is the only option at the moment and possibly within the next 5 years he will have turned it around or the FIA change the rules substanially for a reset to end the Merc dominance.

Binotto seems to fishing for the elusive bar of soap in the bath, almost got it but not quite.

Napoleon was a great tactician and leader but possibly a poor soldier but a great soldier doesnt make a great leader!!

TurboFreak650 and garrobitto like this.
  19. Peter Tabmow

Peter Tabmow Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    Toto knows how to manage people and a team, one of the few proper bosses in the paddock. Horner OTOH is just a muppet, the PR-friendly acceptable face of Dr Evil... erm, Marko and Mateschitz. Haven't you noticed Horner never speaks on the radio during the race, only after the chequered flag? That's because he's not allowed to....

20. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Disagree I am a Haas fan but they are failing and the writing is on the wall...

375+ likes this.
  21. garrobitto

garrobitto Karting

Jul 12, 2020
    Alameda
    Full Name:
    Garrobito Alado

I think Steiner needs better equipment. Haas is like rowing a submarine... who is sinking... But I think the guy has the gut and the fire to take Ferrari and do something better. Off course, I prefer Wulff but I do not think Ferrari has enough deep pocket to convince him.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  22. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yeah, who could want the job?
    Is being Team Principal at Ferrari even a good position to aim at?
    I'm not sure about that!

DF1 likes this.
  23. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Because of lack of resources by the look of it.

24. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    Hello Scuderia
    I am an accomplished leader and manager of stubborn and complex technical teams, with over 40 years of international work
    I am an EU citizen and passionate about F1 and a deep Tifosi! I even speak some Italian !
    Lets talk and see how can I serve the SF
    Send me a PM !

25. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Seb , we already told you to eff off !

garrobitto and Nembo1777 like this.