430 - Are Fabspeed Exhaust Headers made in Taiwan ? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

430 Are Fabspeed Exhaust Headers made in Taiwan ?

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, Jun 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    I have ZERO affiliation with Kline thks guys, in any shape or form, my agenda is that that I have bought several substandard Fabspeed products over the years and Ferrari chat users need to know the truth about their products. Not sure if this is true but Fabspeed are certainly extremely evasive about giving a straight reply. Either Fabspeed makes ALL its products in Fort Washington USA or it doesn't, but this is the Fabspeed legal position, its simple either they do or they dont but the evidence certainly says otherwise. Fwiw I have bought several Kline exhausts and never experienced any issues

2. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD

FDS

Fabspeed Derangement Syndrome

No known cure. Patient expects all businesses to meet his/her views and uses social media to blast Fabspeed although it would appear he has not bought a single product from them.

Several cases have proven to be shills for other product makers.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Richard- Last tirade was on Eurospares, this one is on FabSpeed. I would hate to sell you anything.

GatorFL likes this.
  4. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    ITS SIMPLE, waiting for the YES we at Fabspeed legally declare that all our products are made in Fort Washington USA as they affirm on their website, end of ! If you believe this is true, they will do this shortly

lanab likes this.
  5. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Have the fabspeed products you bought failed? I’ve never seen you post about an actual purchase or product experience...

I’ve seen first-hand how Kline has failed magnificently. I suspect most on here don’t post about it because Felix does respond very promptly and sends out free replacements...but the car constantly being offline is a tedious routine I’m sure no one enjoys.

6. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    freshmeat...you crap on Richard but you're the same with Kline. How did Kline even come into this conversation. You're such a hypocrite. Pot calling the kettle black. LOL...pathetic really. Who cares how long you've been on this forum...big deal.:rolleyes:

As for Fabspeed, ..had issues with test-pipes ...no problems with headers.. It not the product I have problems with it's their customer service. I will never buy another fabspeed product for any of my cars. No thanks. I know enough and confirmed what people have said about them.

ridege55 likes this.
  7. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #57 freshmeat, Jul 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    And does it matter if it's made in Taiwan in part or in whole?

If you've experienced failure of any kind with a Fabspeed-branded product why does the original place of origin matter? Poop is poop. I find the "made in taiwan" part extremely and unfairly prejudice against the country/race which has no bearing on the quality of said products.

8. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #58 freshmeat, Jul 12, 2020
    Ya, put me on ignore please. You will never be able to rationalize or sensibly interpret my posts because of your obvious prejudice.

Length of time of active content sharing = a simple marker of general knowledge and forum trends over time. As someone already pointed out, you can see the frequency of Richard's posts regarding Kline over this span of years. Comparre that to me airing my grievances in 1 or 2 thread in a sub-model domain that is relevant to my personal experience and ownership vs him literally starting new threads putting folks on blast and also spamming across all sub-domains.

Pot calling kettle black = kinda and ya, very intentional, glad that you at least you were perceptive enough to pick up on that even though I feel I've done it in a tasteful, subdued tongue in cheek manner. Difference between me and Richard is I have bought the products and actually tried them on my cars before sharing judgement/opinions on the boards. He shat on anything pretty much that was NOT KLINE.

9. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    When there is a conversation on exhaust or anything...you make it a S-line vs Kline. LOL Who cares....some people like S Line ...some people like Kline. Let it go man.
    I think it's funny that you crap on Richard and you're doing the same with Kline. LOL Oh, I don't have any affiliation with Kline ..I'm not prejudice but you have a STRONG bias.

10. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I had a problem with my Fabspeed headers and customer service was horrible. I appreciated the call from Joe recently, but offering wall art for a repair that cost much more than that was rather weak. I will not bash Fabspeed, but will never purchase anything else from them again. Going elsewhere for my 458 exhaust upgrade.

11. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I think I'm entitled to my bias and sharing what I like as are you. But do I poop on other brands? NOPE, I simply make a recommendation based on what I feel is the best. And you wouldn't?

Flea7 likes this.
  12. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    Come on man...this thread was about Fabspeed. How did S-line and Kline come into the conversation?? Yeah...you brought it in.

13. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #63 freshmeat, Jul 12, 2020
    You're the one still picking on it and ignoring all the other stuff I've mentioned in regards to Fabspeed and the whole "made in Taiwan" rhetoric. Just put me on ignore, thanks, I'm also still curious about finding out what Richard's real motivations are for dedicating so many years to proactively bashing on 1 brand that he likely has never tried/purchased himself...

10 years later he's still on this campaign! It's quite extraordinary.

14. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    I don't want to ignore you meat. You bring me entertainment. It's a conversation man...don't get mad and huffy.

15. DoubleD33

DoubleD33 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2012
    Pasadena, CA / Oahu, HI
    Full Name:
    Dan D
  16. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I once thought welding was easy. I bought a mig and attempted to weld up my own header. Cutting and designing it was fun. It looked nice all taped together. Welding it not so much, it looked like someone violently puked hot magma all over the place. Dummy me tried to then grind the welds down to make it pretty. Yeah, leaks everywhere. Haha. Many hours wasted. You’re nuts if you think it’s easy or can be learned quickly.

brookliner7, KC360 FL and INRange like this.
  17. artsd

artsd Formula Junior
    Owner

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    Art
    Reading the other thread with the customs import docs made me aware that JIM makes IPE. I love the Porsche 911 IPE exhaust sound even though it is very non-traditional for 911. As far as quality goes, Tawain and mainland China have 7 nanometer semiconductor fabs. I am pretty sure they can figure out how to bend and weld stainless steel tubing. It has been a long time since made in China automatically means junk. Everything is built to a price point and I am fine with that. It’s what gives us 4K 65 inch TVs for under $500.

But I realize the potential issue here isn’t really the OEM manufacturing location, it is the honesty of the VAR.

18. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    +1,000,000 I've told my story a few times, guys there are other options out there.

ridege55 and Flea7 like this.
  19. Gianni360

Gianni360 Karting

Jan 1, 2019
    OrlAndo, FL
    Full Name:
    Jon V
    Anybody tried TopSpeed headers and have experience to share about them?

ditpixs likes this.
  20. DARIES

DARIES Karting

Aug 16, 2011
    Well guys, personally I have been using Fabspeed for over 10 years and I have them on all my cars: F360, F360CS, F430, F430 Scuderia, F430 GTC (race car), 997 GT3 and McLaren 12c.

I never had any issues with fitment or quality and they sound amazing, that's why I keep buying them. I will surely buy another set for my next car.
    They are the best bang for the buck in my opinion and it doesn't matter to me where they might source some of their materials or parts as long as the quality, the performance, the sound and the price is there. There is also a lot of videos of their manufacturing facility online.

I have experienced many different types exhaust brands Tubi, Capristo, Novitec, etc.. yes they are also amazing but honestly I personally think that their prices have gone out of control and as I said before I find that Fabspeed products is a good quality for the right price and I just love the way they sound.

And ridege55 I fully respect your opinion, but honestly I have a friend who has a set on his 458 and that dual tips set up, look and sounds amazing, maybe you should give it a second thought, just saying.

I also have to admit, I have been looking a lot at the SLine exhaust, they sound crazy amazing, that also could be my next buy.

And just for the record I have no connection with Fabspeed, no sponsorship or anything like that.
    Just giving an honest opinion from a user of their products.

mwstewart likes this.
  21. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I've been running them for a few years. Maybe 3? No issues what so ever. Sound amazing with my S-Line.

f355spider likes this.
  22. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    You would be better off with a TIG, more like gas welding where you have more control.

Flea7 likes this.
  23. saudio

saudio Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    Western Virginia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I have to say that i don't understand why Fabspeed doesn't just say outright whether they do or don't import completed header assemblies. Honesty is important. Very important. I noticed on their very first reply in this thread that they said a lot but conspicuously avoided answering the original question.

24. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    TIG makes prettier welds BUT it takes even more skill than MIG.

Eric C likes this.
  25. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Appreciate your thoughts, but never. They could have had a customer for life, but instead they chose to lose one forever.

DARIES likes this.