Ferrari ROMA | Page 105 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Funny you ask. I finalized yesterday w my ad. Car was in green 10 and factory is wanting to get rolling so most likely red 10 Monday Italian time. I am a grey nut so had get outside my comfort zone (wife made me ). I am going blu Roma with a Sabbia interior. Doing the interior stripe detail in cuoio with black upper. No shields, lower profile as this will be my dd. Didn’t see deleting the screen as an option. Also, no front lifter? I don’t have email set up on this device but will post a couple of pics from the Configurator a bit later I haven’t seen blu Simond in person but traveller has very good taste..imho..so I am sure it’s spectacular. I didn’t want to pick anything that might slow it down. . Btw, my GTS should be at SV end of month...going to leave it there for a few days for others that are interested to be able to see it in the metal.

2. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Thanks! Would love to see pictures of those. I'm warming up to the body color grille in certain colors, but I think a more traditional egg-crate style would really improve the car.

3. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Spyros, the Ferrari car photos you post on FChat are just excellent and everyone enjoys them. So I want to say this first because I had a couple of problems with the photos in this set from "GQ Magazine".

Here's my first beef. I notice the Roma displayed by Ferrari at Tsim Sha Tsiu near the Star Ferry terminal is LHD. The same car appears in the GQ Magazine set of photos and one photo shows the car driven on the wrong side of the road. I have seen this in other promotional photos/videos, the "driver" in demo cars cross over the centre line, on public roads, often in the middle of corners.

Some may disagree but IMO this shows badly on the brand as the demo drivers are driving poorly on public roads and reflect badly on actual Ferrari owners.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

My second beef doesn't need photo(s). I think it's not good to show off new Ferraris in Hong Kong at the moment. This is not politics, just common sense.

We are witnessing HK endure something worse than what the USSR did to East Berlin. Imagine showing off a new Ferrari in 1961 East Berlin as the Soviets put up barbed wire, mine fields and the wall, brick by brick. Yeah, I know the élites in communist China actually practise capitalism right out in the open while the Soviets did not.

I hope you understand why people have very negative feelings about what is happening to HK and never want to associate Ferrari with that. Many of your audience can no longer visit or even openly communicate with people there. I also hope you will find this comment as constructive criticism because otherwise I really enjoy your postings.

vcappp likes this.
  4. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    #2604 DeSoto, Jul 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    Well, the HK thing belongs to PR so I won't go much into there but I suppose that if someone from HK is around here will be qualified to talk about the issue: did someone attend to the presentation at the dealer? Is people buying the car? We have to consider that many persons support multi-thread: they can worry about politics and still keep on with their lives.

About the side of the road and the steering wheel... jeez, I didn't even noticed it and I don't give a dang. But: are you sure that those pics were not shot in Italy? Or maybe on closed roads? Press pictures are fiction after all.

5. Red Rocket

Red Rocket Karting

Aug 10, 2014
    what is the exterior color on the Roma in this video please?

vcappp likes this.
  6. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Grigio Titanio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vcappp and tomc like this.
  7. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    When is your Roma coming?

8. 355 Giallo gtb

355 Giallo gtb Karting

Mar 14, 2015
    California
    Full Name:
    Rob p.
    I ORDERED THE BLUE ROMA WITH ROSSO FERRARI ANY THOUGHTS. I GOT TO FINALIZE ON MONDAY WHEN THE DEMOS COME TO NEWPORT BEACH FERRARI!

bball16 likes this.
  9. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Mine is Blue Tdf with Cuoio interior and silver calipers

10. Red Rocket

Red Rocket Karting

Aug 10, 2014
    thank you. I think the body lines in this color look stunning

11. Red Rocket

Red Rocket Karting

Aug 10, 2014
    what wheels are you guys choosing?

Matt L likes this.
  12. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I saw that exact color at the unveiling last night on Long Island. The color was stunning and everyone commented on it.

Red Rocket likes this.
  13. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I am going with the ones in the video you posted. I picked the higher gloss (they aren’t full chrome by any means) ones. I absolutely love them and I think they are as Ferrari as wheels get. Kind of wish there was a similar option in the GTS. I have the asymmetrical ones on my SF and like but again, love the Roma ones.

Red Rocket likes this.
  14. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    Thank you for your comments. My purpose was not to associate Ferrari with anything. In fact I wasn't aware of the exact situation in Hong Kong beside some headlines from time to time. I found your post useful and I really understand your meaning, except the phrase ''your audience'' that it sounds a little bit weird. Thanks again.

4th_gear and Bundy like this.
  15. Red Rocket

Red Rocket Karting

Aug 10, 2014
    I like those wheels also.

RamsHmb likes this.
  16. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Just got word my build is at 10 Green so finalized the spec, hopefully 10 Red soon......

17. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    When do you get your Roma guys?

18. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I went 10 red Last Monday and I am told September ish. Going to ship this one instead of flying so a bit of a delay

19. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Which VIN have your ROMAs?
    From the VIN do we see a delivery time/period?

456-boy likes this.
  20. GPM

GPM Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2015
    Vancouver BC
    I can' consider the Roma at this time due to my DB11, as stated many times , very similar styling, truly believe the Aston looks better, however i have the big tablet sticking up from the dash, thanks Mercedes, can,t stand it, seems to be everywhere now, even Roma however less pronounced, lets hope the Portofino's stays in the dash,,,
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Solid State likes this.
  21. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Pretty much finished my spec today.

Heard I got one of two slots at my dealer. Not sure when red 10 occurs...

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

of2worlds likes this.
  22. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    What did you spec?

23. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Should go quickly. Mine was last week...not sure if I used up July allocations or not. Sent find the vin on my Ferrari for any of my cars.

SVCalifornia likes this.
  24. TWCC

TWCC Karting

Apr 27, 2020
    have you seen a Roma in person? It really has nothing to do with the DB11...neither on the exterior nor on the interior

vcappp, perrinnation and Red Rocket like this.