430 - Are Fabspeed Exhaust Headers made in Taiwan ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

430 Are Fabspeed Exhaust Headers made in Taiwan ?

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, Jun 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    RichardCH at it again, perpetuating disinformation again...

E60 M5 likes this.
  2. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    lanab and xtLSport like this.
  3. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Interesting that 0.33 mm is considered within normal tolerance, that is about 13/1000 inch or 50% of a standard plug gap. You would never get that gas tight on a cylinder head facing.

brogenville likes this.
  4. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    #29 RichardCH, Jul 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    So Joe @ Fabspeed its a simple question, did you buy 35 sets of F430 headers & 80 sets of Porsche 964 RSR headers with heat exchangers from Jim Technology in Taiwan as the import data (from several sources) indicates, it is a Yes or No answer ?

lanab likes this.
  5. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    A nice video of the fabrication process would clear it up showing the jigs used, fabrication of the collector, air rail etc. - basically the start-to-end construction of the product in question with the American fabricator talking through the process.

It would be a good marketing tool if nothing else and could be used every time someone asked these kind of questions - which they will, because the Fabspeed and Asian product look identical both in the photos posted and in comparisons over the years of the actual product received.

6. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    & we can also add 64 sets of F355 headers to the above too

lanab likes this.
  7. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #32 ylshih, Jul 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    If you want to be sure to get someone's attention, I suggest you PM them. At least then you know they saw your query.

There's no expectation that any user reads or has any obligation to respond to your queries on one of many hundreds or thousands of threads. Repeatedly posting such is annoying and contrary to site rules about unnecessarily duplicative postings.

8. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Thks Ylshih, I have sent Joe a PM to answer the question posed.

9. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    So there are have been multiple threads on this subject and whilst we have various claims about Fabspeed making all their products in Fort Washington https://www.fabspeed.com/who-we-are/ we also have extensive evidence that they are importing products from Taiwan which are available for 70% less on Alibaba.com. Joe Fabiani continues to refuse to answer the question, Ferrarichat users need transparency......https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/removing-430-capristo-exhaust-brackets.582219/page-4#post-147304400

10. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    and I still have no reply ? pls lets focus on the truth here, regardless about whether they are a Ferrarichat sponsor, to clear up this issue

xtLSport likes this.
  11. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    and please lets just clear this up once and for all and forget that Fabspeed is a Ferrarichat sponsor, if its a clear no, pls let Fabspeed contest the import stats in an extremely detailed manner with the appropriate legal documentation, so Ferrarichat members know exactly what we are buying

12. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I got a nice call regarding my defective headers, but no resolution. Some merch was a very nice gesture but a fraction of my repair costs. I just declined, not worth it.

13. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Who cares? I mean besides you. Tons of companies manufacture part or all of their products somewhere else. Cars are "made in xyz" but really have VERY low requirements on what constitutes "made in..." If you think it is easy and there are other great deals, go get them or go into business doing it how you think is best. This endless rant is getting REALLY old.

14. PPW

PPW Karting

Oct 4, 2019
  15. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

and occassionally i got 20% off alibaba prices too if I contact them directly

better yet, go knock their door

16. DoubleD33

DoubleD33 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2012
    Pasadena, CA / Oahu, HI
    Full Name:
    Dan D
    About 6 years ago there was a big thread on this. I don’t know if you went back that far on search. If not it will behoove you to read it. Someone had a bone to pick with them and they did not let go of the bone.

The thread put a little sour in my mouth towards them as to the way it was handled; not the origin of the product.

I do own Fabspeed products (Non F Car) that are over 10 years old and still function and sound amazing.

17. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

the exhaust's profit margin is pretty high
    i commissioned some local guy(China) for my 300zx's headers, half the complexity and half amount of work of a f430, but similar quality. US $300. It is a one-off. If I want him to do a lot of the same headers, it will be way less.

Frankly, it is just some stainless steel tubes welded together. Nothing high tech there. Just takes some skilled welder and patience.

the real cost of a stainless steel header is maybe under $100. The thousands are just for the labors, which is , i think, too much.

Give me a week, I think i can learn to weld my own header.

epb0 and Flea7 like this.
  18. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    So have they committed a crime? What we deserve is products that work well and a company that stands behind them. I have used Fabspeed on several occasions and would recommend them in a heartbeat.

It's your money.....buy 100 sets off of Alibaba and you can learn what it is like to run a business with hardcore perfectionist as clients.

19. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    its simply a matter of TRUST, you cannot say that ALL your products are made in Fort Washington, if its potentially a lie, tack welding a Fabspeed logo on doesnt count I am afraid

lanab, KC360 FL and Mimmo Blue like this.
  20. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Maybe with Chinese materials, not quality stainless.

Everyone thinks building headers and welding stainless is easy until they try it. Post pics!

ShineKen and KC360 FL like this.
  21. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    well it appears the Taiwanese are very good at it, it seems Fabspeed buy other manufacturer exhaust carbon tips from lucky chain Taiwan too Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    I get it. Honesty in business is for the most part passe'. And I agree; be honest about your company and make an honest living. Products today produced in China and Taiwan can be decent quality if the Quality Control is in place. Sadly it has been my experience throughout my 28 plus years in business that Quality Control is either minimal or non-existent when purchasing products from these countries.

The problem I have found is that there is an expected amount of defective failures on most everything I buy from these countries. Which of course really sucks if you happen to be the guy who gets the failing of failed product. And this can explain why many folks can say they've had great service from a part and others have the complete opposite. I've actually been told by reps to expect a 3% to 5% failure rate on quantities of 100 products. And this has become so accepted that when I ask: So why then am I paying for a quantity of 100? Reps look at me like I've got two heads.

Of course the caveat here is: How does Fabspeed respond to a problem if and when you encounter one. Are they going to offer sterling service? Are they going to pay for the repairs? Are they going to pay for the R&R? They should. And if they do most folks wouldn't give a damn where they made the headers.

23. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #48 freshmeat, Jul 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    RichardCH seems pretty relentless and bent out of shape about this...I've been an fchat member for more than a decade, and he's been on a multi-year campaign to put Fabspeed on the spot while also seemingly promote K-Line products along the way.

I am unclear what his agenda is. My reaction thus far, is he is trying promote K-Line without officially being a sponsor (perhaps he has some business affiliation?). When I have mentioned unflattering, substantiated commentary about K-Line products and how fragile they are with many reported failures in my area, he has always been very vocal. I also remember when I was first helping develop the now super-popular S-Line xpipe, he was sh*tting all over it, yet he had never once owned a system before.

I have purchased and tried pretty much everything under the sun for the 430 Scuderia, and to a lesser degree for my old CS, and Fabspeed has been among those brands I've tried. Regardless of the origin of the Fabspeed exhaust system(s), either in part or in whole, the quality has been great and Fabspeed customer service in the USA has been easy for me. Their products for the Scud & CS are definitely NOT the nicest I've seen out there, but for the price it's really great value imho that many enthusiasts can appreciate.

And if any of you have given several well-known Taiwanese or Japanese-made exhaust products a chance (like IPE, Powercraft, Kreissieg etc), you'll appreciate the quality and craftsmanship. Not sure why ppl think made in America would by default mean it's superior...I can unequivocally say America makes as much sh*tty products as China or any other country, only difference is you're also paying a hefty premium on American sh*t over its asian counterpart/equivalent lol. So what's dumber?

I personally would like to know what is behind this exceptionally motivated need to put Fabspeed on blast though...

brookliner7 and Skidkid like this.
  24. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    You got me interested in this whole “Kline” thing with RichardCH.... searched for “Kline” here and your right, he seems to comment about their stuff on every thread about them regardless of model it’s asked. Find that a little weird as you figure he’d hang out mostly in sections for cars he owns. It does sound like he has some vested interest in them and is bashing fabspeed as they are a competitor.

25. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    It all smells fishy...

I also recently had an Fchat mod reach out to me about some comments I had made over a year ago! regarding the multiple Kline failures in my area.