Ferrari 308 car phone | FerrariChat

Ferrari 308 car phone

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Irishman, Jul 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Irishman

Irishman F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2005
    Raleigh
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Hello Ferrari Enthusiasts,

I have a 1978 Ferrari 308 GTS. The Ferrari VIN is F106AS25527. Do I need a cell phone when driving this Ferrari automobile? I do not own a cell phone but I very much enjoy driving my 1978 Ferrari 308 GTS. I take good care of my 1978 Ferrari 308 GTS and am not worried about a break down.

Thanks,
    Irishman

P.S. Perhaps a strange post but I'm curious why a previous post was moved quickly. Are bots moving posts about at their whim based on content?

2. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    If you don't want to own a cell phone, I could not think of a reason to own a cell phone....whether it is in your 1978 Ferrari 308 GTS or anywhere else. When they made the 1978 Ferrari 308 GTS, presumably in 1978, there were not cell phones, so it is not required to drive your 1978 Ferrari 308 GTS.

Auraraptor likes this.
  3. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Probably because it's such an odd question, with such an obvious answer...

I carry a cell phone when I'm driving any automobile. Why wouldn't you?

4. Irishman

Irishman F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2005
    Raleigh
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Thanks, I'm greatly relieved. If I break down I can walk a long way no problem. I especially enjoy walking in LA :).
    Why? I didn't need it - for thirty years, so why pay for it? And I regularly ride my 30 year old Harley down east NC. When I left the house I was totally off the grid and not accessible. All day. I really enjoyed that.

And if something happened, I'd be left to my wits for survival. I didn't care. And I could walk a *long* way if needed. Yeah, crazy.

I never had the apocalyptic situation that could have occurred. The two or three breakdowns I had in any vehicle in the last twenty years were a short walk to some sort of help.

The virus changed everything. I've been adventuring on the highways the past several months just as always. Now, however, an incident - without phone - would almost certainly guarantee close quarters with a stranger. Plus, I've heard tow services are insisting you cannot ride in the tow truck anymore.

So, today, I joined the modern world : - ).