For Sale - 2003 Lamborghini Murciealago in Rosso Vik 6 speed manual | Page 2 | FerrariChat

For Sale 2003 Lamborghini Murciealago in Rosso Vik 6 speed manual

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by redhammer, Apr 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Yea I have been watching the US market for a while now. Early cars could be had in the low 100s, with asking typically in the 120-140 range. LP640s were nicely situated above that in the 160-200s. You will be hard pressed to find those numbers for manual Murcis now.

Aventadors are dropping, with early cars now in the upper 200s here in the US. I am keeping my eye on Anniversary 2014 models....they are nearing 300-325 asking.

This car offered here appears to be a well taken care of model. GLWS to the seller.

2. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    LP640 manuals are now approaching 600k. With Countach values over 300k and Diablo values climbing, the Murcielago is next.

GatedMurci, Auraraptor and redhammer like this.
  3. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    I remember a perfect low mile LP640 manual, for less than 200K.

Perhaps you may also consider a 1991-1993 Diablo. 2wd without any nanny devices. It's a brute.

No idea where the values will be in about six to nine months.

4. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    I remember Ford GT's sitting at 140 and Carrera GTs at 350. Oh if I had a crystal ball;)!

ralfabco likes this.
  5. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Well said. Early Diablos are lovely cars once sorted.

mrp_e and ralfabco like this.
  6. redhammer

redhammer Karting

May 9, 2011
    Mid engine NA V12+ gated is destined to be highly collectible. The market will continue to go up for these cars.
    I’ve had few interested buyers but due to covid 19 they can’t travel to come see the car. If this continues I’m adding the SV body kit, wheels, new exhaust and keeping it for at least another year. I’m keeping the stock parts so it will be easy to convert to oem

ralfabco likes this.
  7. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    SV wheels are very hard to come by.

It will look sharp with the (reversible)

redhammer likes this.
  8. zone1

zone1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2018
    SF Bay
    Was valve adjustment done at 15k miles? thanks

9. redhammer

redhammer Karting

May 9, 2011
    Valve adjustment was not done, from what I know everyone is doing that service at 30k miles.

10. ziadtaimor

ziadtaimor Rookie

Sep 20, 2019
    Saudi Arabia
    Full Name:
    ziadtaimor
    Is the car Still For Sale

11. redhammer

redhammer Karting

May 9, 2011
    I still have the car but currently in process of installing the exhaust and LP670 front and rear , wheels and tires. Will update the thread with pictures .

Manda racing and dream cars like this.
  12. o31982

o31982 Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    nes
    We want pics!

13. redhammer

redhammer Karting

May 9, 2011
    Here is couple teaser shots, I’m almost finished, I just bought another set of oem hermera wheels and new tires and will powder coat them black then I’ll decide which set to go with, may probably end up keeping the car. Will upload a video of the new exhaust, I also got very lucky and scored a oem SV muffler tip to complete the look, they are impossible to find. Off to DMV tomorrow to renew my sticker expired a while ago.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

rmani, Ards25, ryalex and 8 others like this.
  14. o31982

o31982 Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    nes
    Wow. Just keep it. Lol

redhammer and 19633500GT like this.
  15. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    god i want this thing so bad

Bas and redhammer like this.
  16. socialpro1

socialpro1 Karting

Dec 6, 2017
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Alex
    WOW that's perfection now. I would definitely enjoy that for a while before selling.

o31982 and redhammer like this.
  17. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    If you decide to sell the Hercules wheels, let me know :)

18. redhammer

redhammer Karting

May 9, 2011
    Will do thanks

19. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    But countach prices were in excess of 300k and reallyeall 400-500k

Just because diablos went up doesn't mean murcie is next. Lots can happen. People all though the cars from the 70s would go up because muscle cars were going up and they were next... And 80s cars... And neither have really popped.

20. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    Yes but you are talking about cars where tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands were made. There are scores of big block v8s out there. How many exotic manual V12s? Somewhere between 400-600 Countach's, about 1500 Diablo's, and about 1000 Manual Murcielagos. There were of course almost 10,000 Testarossa's made but their values reflect that and but most don't look at them the same way as the Lamborghinis. I don't see any particular reason why those Murcielago's won't see some of the same love as the other V12 Lamborghinis, albeit in a delayed fashion.

These guys have their pulse on these cars. I've talked to John and he thinks the manual Mucie and Gallardos are going to really skyrocket once the world wakes up to what great cars they were, how few clean ones are left and the fact that you just can't get that experience in any other modern car.

21. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I do business with john. He is a smart guy. We all have our niche and all of our crystal balls tell us what we want to hear.

That's not a slam on him or you.

The cars awesome and I agree that there is a good chance of appreciation.

My point is none of this is guaranteed.

But the seller has an awesome car in one of my favorite colors and I don't want to thread jack him.

So best of luck with the sale and I'm sure anyone who buys it will realize just how special these cars are!

redhammer, Nero_Tenebre and johnr265 like this.