Kline 458 Spider Exhaust has Arrived! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Kline 458 Spider Exhaust has Arrived!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Raridreams, Apr 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MarioDiPalma

MarioDiPalma Rookie

Mar 5, 2019
    Vancouver,B.C.
    Full Name:
    Mario1972
    Hey guys! new F Chatter here and have done a TON of research on full exhausts on these cars. Im on the hunt for a Scuderia or 458 but leaning towards the 458. Regarding exhausts and F1 tone, in my opinion, S Line and Novitec sound the closest to me. (with subtle but noticeable differences between both) There are a few great brands available like the Kline as well. Originally I was set on Power Craft headers and there 120 cell race cats. Then planned on Fabspeed headers and either test pipes or race cats, ALWAYS along with Novitec or S line exhaust. Now that I've come across the Kline inconel headers and 100 cell inconel cats, I most likely will go with these and the S line, considering that Fabspeed headers with there 200 cell sport cats runs pretty much the same as Klines inconel headers and inconel 100 cell sport cats. So why not go with the better material and supposedly better sounding inconel hahahah only wanna do it once so hopefully I get it right for my liking...

You all may be familiar with these particular cars?
    -Al Winners red scuderia. Best sounding Scuderia around, Period.(tried many different set ups)
    -Kandologies red 458 (originally Novitec, then S Line) along with Fabspeed headers and test pipes.
    -Brent Ruiz exotic blue 458 that was mentioned earlier in this thread. (headers, test pipes, S Line)

Doing the home work has to be half the fun lol
    Happy Motoring gentlemen.

2. TOPENDMS

TOPENDMS Karting

Jun 24, 2020
    USA
    Full Name:
    TOP END Motorsports
    #52 TOPENDMS, Jul 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    If you want the highest-pitch F1 sound .. then I don't think anyone beats Power Craft. The rear exhaust system is going to have the highest impact on sound (pitch), then the headers. Cat pipes across brands probably won't differ much in sound, so I would just match them up with the headers you decide on.

If you only want light-weight inconel, then the decision of NOVITEC or KLINE can easily be determined by budget (NOVITEC is ~3x more expensive) .

"Powercraft has developed a special material SUS442 stainless that is more suitable for exhaust than the SUS410 stainless used by automobile manufacturers. It is a new material optimized for road cars that "has a low coefficient of thermal expansion and shrinkage," "has excellent high-temperature strength," "is capable of strong welding," and "is resistant to rust."

3. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017

I had never heard of the brand Powercraft exhaust before this post. It sounds a little whiny compared to Kline though. Depends on your taste.

4. MarioDiPalma

MarioDiPalma Rookie

Mar 5, 2019
    Vancouver,B.C.
    Full Name:
    Mario1972
    #54 MarioDiPalma, Jul 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    I know Power Craft has an excellent reputation. From what I have heard, there headers and 120cell race cats sound amazing with an S Line exhaust on a Scuderia. Again personal preference. On another note, for the f458, curious how Klines inconel headers and inconel 100cell HJS race cats are for sound and power gains comparred to the Fabspeeds claim of 34hp and 38tq headers and 24hp and 20tq 200cell HJS race cats.
    Anyone..?

5. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    FWIW - I ordered Kline today for my spider, from Vivid Racing.

6. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    You will find a big difference in sound with just the cat backs. I did not yet install the 200 CEL cats and I'm quite happy with the sound. Wouldn't exactly call it F1, but certainly adds spice to the all around sound. May do cats in the fall......

7. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Thx. Went for the whole setup. Maybe this will help me keep this 458!

8. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Nah mate you will sell her once little Johnny with his worked VW around the corner smokes you :)

Then your desire for the 458 will go into hibernation and at some time No 6 will excite you again.

But I'm interested to know what you think of the Kline once installed. BTW are you also doing the remote ?

9. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    You forget I’ve owned or driven pista, 720 etc. latest greatest is a fools chase.
    I am doing a wired switch again under the steering column. My preferred setup vs remote.

MANDALAY likes this.
  10. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I got full kline on my FF, the sound is amazing but the main issue with the FF is the windows being too thicke .
    That being said the cats is what made the biggest difference, flaps open all the time I.e the remote actually reduces torque and power so it’s up to the user really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MANDALAY likes this.
  11. Raridreams

Raridreams Rookie

Nov 14, 2019
    Sorry for the lag on the reply here fellas. I haven't had the time to take a proper video/sound clip since installing. Its coming, I promise.

I will tell you the sound absolutely transforms the car! My only regret is not installing the exhaust from day 1. Its makes the car come alive in a very, very, good way. Also very satisfied with my decision to go with cat deletes - at 6-9k the sound is truly something to behold. Its beautifully aggressive! At WOT it WILL scare small children and cause people to jump in the bushes walking down the street. This 458 is now a source of non stop permagrin :)

12. Raridreams

Raridreams Rookie

Nov 14, 2019
    Lesson learned...you need to either disconnect the valves (what I did eventually) or use a valve controller. The way the factory ECU controls the opening/closing of the valves doesn't compliment this exhaust. Low speeds/low throttle opening, parking lots, etc got really annoying with the on/off effect so I took the car back to the shop to disconnect the valves a couple months in. With the louder exhaust the difference between open and closed valves became MUCH more pronounced. I rock all loud all the time now and LOVE IT! With windows up and lower rpms it is very manageable and is still easy to have convos w/passenger.

13. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    How is the sound with the Kline? Impressed? Happy?

14. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Hasn’t arrived yet...been a loooong wait.

15. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Damn it... please report back when you installed it;)

16. Bluem5

Bluem5 Rookie

May 31, 2020
    SS system with the 200 cel cats installed with o2 spacers about 3 weeks ago so far so good. I would say it’s louder than stock by about 30-40% and the tone is more attractive. At low speeds and low rpms just keep the flaps open and let it rumble , when at high rpms it transforms. I think the people outside you pass would have more aural pleasures compared to the people in the cabin

tekaefixe likes this.