NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER) | Page 27 | FerrariChat

NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER)

Discussion in '296' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    we can't just stick into the past.. we should respect and hold the values of the past and look forward to future. people of my generation highly appreciate cars like the SF90 and i dare say we even won't mind an all electric ferrari! (actually we eagerly anticipating Ferrari to come up with one). regarding weight of the hybrid technology, it's true it weighs too much but technology is always evolving; who knows in few years they will weigh less & have fairly good sound? if they don't start working on it now they'll lag behind in the competition.
    "if an obese person wants to lose weight he/she has to exercise and he won't get result overnight, it'll take time". i think they(ferrari) are working on it..

Ferrari makes a hybrid, some people despise it. they makes an enthusiasts car like Monza,there're also some snub it....

4re4ever and jpalmito like this.
  2. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    You touched on the answer to your riddle and likely did not know it. Lets say you pony up the +600k for the production SF90 hybrid and then in a few years the average hybrid competition is much lighter and actually has some sound as you speculate. Where did the money you paid go so quickly and how do you convince someone else to take the depreciation over the newer better model? The Monza is a different folly as it is another F12/812 iteration but is not road legal in the US yet not of value as a track car. Not sure if you noticed but it has no windshield but I think you get a helmet and goggles which to me goes too far in the past.

Right now the company is being tested and those that love Ferrari are still hopeful for them to find their place by building a fantastic car. The hope now is the 812VS. It doesn't need a giant battery or a tiny choked engine to not lag behind the competition. Ferrari knows how to build cars and when they get it right everyone knows and acknowledges it. I think the Pista is their best recent attempt.

of2worlds, day355 and Shadowfax like this.
  3. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Monza enthusiast car? LOL

4. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Just because Pista is not an extrem version ! it s very civilized comparing to CS & Scud...
    If Pista is not for track day, which is the use, exept palace parking ???
    Extreme version in another range remains F 40 / F 50 and i m thinking less than 10 % Pista s owners could drive each of them properly
    A Pista " competizione " based on the GT3 RS concept would have been fine and exclusiv !
    Pista could be a dayli driver so it s consensual...

MANDALAY and of2worlds like this.
  5. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Fratellino?

6. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Lol that’d be a little on the nose no?

7. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    yes, & why not?. here i wanted to say.. "people(hybrid snubbing enthusiasts) barely objects against tdf, f12, 812 etc..but when ferrari decided to think something out of the box, something very old-school with modern(?) package, some people(those so called old-school enthusiasts) started whining.. oh it's not road legal, bugs will hit my face, flying stone will make me blind, a flying tire would kill me,etc,etc.....

of2worlds likes this.
  8. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    It's great if you happen to have $2 mio sitting around ,then leave it parked in the collection.

MANDALAY likes this.
  9. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Well I think you got it. That is who Ferrari is building these Monza cars for. The Monza is not for a trip to the store it is simply a 'candy' sweet for Ferrari lovers!

maha likes this.
  10. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Do we know if LB will be AWD like SF90 or only RWD? That would be a great way to distinguish between the two. RWD for the more fun oriented car and AWD for the numbers car.

11. MassAppeal

MassAppeal Karting

Mar 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mass Appeal
    With almost 800 hp, if not 800 hp, and being a hybrid, one would think that it would be AWD in order to put all that power to the ground. And I believe that the upcoming Aston Martin Vanquish, with its hybrid “hot V” TTV6 will be AWD as well. Basically a less extreme and prettier version of the Valhalla. And let’s not forget Mclaren’s future offerings.

12. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #662 Albert-LP, Jul 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    RWD only, around 800 Hp or more (combined power, 650 HP ICE + ? HP from the electric engine in the gearbox), 3.0 liters V6 twin turbo (fit between the banks), 120 degrees bank angle.

ciao

stavura, ingegnere, SVR and 5 others like this.
  13. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Thanks for the confirmation! Basically a little LaFerrari, half the cylinders + electric and RWD only.

ingegnere and Albert-LP like this.
  14. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    ....however plus turbos.

15. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    True, the positive attribute is all the extra torque and according to most journalists; Ferrari is the best in the segment to manage turbo lag (in the V8TT) and hopefully the next engine (the new V6) will be even better than the V8TT.

red passion likes this.
  16. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Yes, but it will be an aluminum car, no CF.

Ciao

stavura, tfazio, ingegnere and 3 others like this.
  17. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani

Yes, but LaF hasn't 250 hp/liter specific power like this V6 (twice than LaF)

Ciao

F140C, stavura, tfazio and 3 others like this.
  18. red passion

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Yeah, which then brings up the question again when do we finally see a CF production model...

19. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Assuming this is true....sounds scrumptious!

ingegnere likes this.
  20. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Perhaps the successor to the SF90, it wouldn’t make sense to make the ‘lower’ production model out of CF or with a CF tub and simultaneously sell the ‘upper’ model with a aluminum/carbon mix. Can’t have the ‘cheaper’ car more sophisticated than the pricer model.

stavura and Albert-LP like this.
  21. red passion

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany

Generally I agree to what you say. However, as I mentioned at some point in the past we already had a similar situation in the time when Ferrari was part of FCA and the 458 had an aluminium chassis and the cheaper car from a much lower positioned brand within the same group (Alfa 4C) had a carbon tub.

of2worlds and 9nb like this.
  22. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    You’re correct! And I remember you bring up that point, it’d be interested to see which of the cars Ferrari chooses to introduce a carbon tub to

red passion likes this.
  23. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    And then typically they went cheap on the Alfa 4C suspension mounting points which did little for the overall handling...

red passion likes this.
  24. red passion

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany

Exactly, as much as I like the concept of the 4C it’s weird to see how many corners they cut with the production version.
    So I always thought if they just had combined both – 458 and 4C – that would be fascinating. Everything of 458 but only the carbon tub of the 4C, that’s all I need.

SVR, MarkTodd and of2worlds like this.
  25. red passion

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany

Yes and especially when…