F430 Exhaust Bolt - Which Torque Do I Need? | FerrariChat

F430 Exhaust Bolt - Which Torque Do I Need?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Metastable, Jul 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Metastable

Metastable Formula Junior

Hello.... when attaching the F430 Exhaust manifold to the stock exhaust there are 3 spring loaded bolts. On the torque specs I have the following:

Bolt fastening the catalytic converter to the manifold - 75 Nm (seems like A LOT for 13mm bolts, but what other bolt fastens the catalytic converter to a "manifold"??

Exhaust manifold retaining nut - 25 Nm (This seems more appropriate, but then what is the one above?)

Exhaust manifolds fastening - 25 Nm (Obviously this one is the nuts on the manifold studs... but then what is the one above?)

Parts diagram below. Thanks for any help.

https://www.ricambiamerica.com/car-diagrams/ferrari/v6-v8/430-group/f430-spider/racing-exhaust-system.html

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    The torque for the nuts holding on the manifold to the head are fine if the engine is on the workshop floor, but useless if the engine in car as no room to use a torque wrench. The 3 spring loaded bolts for the cat can be done by judgement, just be sure You have the same thread length sticking out the nut

3. Metastable

For sure, no way to torque wrench the exhaust manifold nuts. However I can get the torque wrench on two of the 3 spring loaded bolts. I figure once I get the correct torque on a couple of them, then I will make the third bolt stick out by they same amount as the other two.

4. Metastable

If anyone is wondering. It is 25Nm. Roughly 3-4 threads showing. It is an M8 bolt with 8.8 grade which puts it roughly at 25 Nm.