RH Spider fuel pump leaking - Bosch source? | FerrariChat

RH Spider fuel pump leaking - Bosch source?

Discussion in '360/430' started by DanNE, Jun 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    Hello, I smelled gas in the car (2003 Spider) and the RH pump has gas leaking on top. So the car is in the garage and I'm looking for a fuel pump.

Does anybody have the Bosch p/n for the RH pump? I saw 0580313088 as being a possible Bosch part number but haven't been able to confirm it on this site.

Thank you!

2. Fixjets777

Fixjets777 Karting

Oct 16, 2016
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I just replaced the right fuel pump on my 2007 F430 spider for the same reason. I bought part number 239811 RH Complete Fuel Pump and 181681 Pump Fastening Ring Nut Gasket (O-ring) from Scuderia Car Parts. They had the best price by far: fuel pump $320, o-ring $19.

3. Fixjets777

Fixjets777 Karting

Oct 16, 2016
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
  4. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    Thanks that's very helpful. The prices are quite good, are the parts labeled as Ferrari or Bosch? If Bosch pn then the cost should be around $140 from what I find...

5. Fixjets777

Fixjets777 Karting

Oct 16, 2016
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Pump came in genuine Ferrari packaging.

DanNE likes this.
  6. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    The Bosch part number is:

0580 313 088

Or

It's not available in the USA but in the UK it goes for about $140 USD plus shipping (which ran me another $20 or so).

When I replaced this today I also checked the markings on the old pump which was leaking and it was the same number.

7. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    Is there a cross reference part for the left pump with the fuel level sensor?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

8. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    I don't know because my left one was ok (not leaking) but I suspect it to be Bosch as well.

Next time I tinker with the car I will check or if you have access to your left side pump take a picture of the top.

9. fotostars

fotostars Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Bay Area
    Looks like the cross reference for the the left with the fuel sender is 0580313052

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

10. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    Very nice find thank you!

Would you guys replace it as a preventive measure? My left is not leaking but maybe why not?

11. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    Quick note for 2003 Spider the Bosch PN I found on the original pump is 0580314061

12. shad99

shad99 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Japatul Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    At $150 for a new updated pump I sure would. I replaced the right pump and left one started leaking during testing of the right!
    BTW, I ordered a left pump from EBay and received the correct updated pump. It did not, however, included the tank level sensor. My existing sensor works fine so just a swap and good to go. Something to keep in mind when ordering the Bosch unit

DanNE likes this.
  13. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    Which pump did you order for the left if you recall the part number? I took the number right off the old pump. I also could tell this side was never replaced because there are the factory check paint marks that are lined up on the cover ring. When I did the right side I found the same paint mark and there's no way to tighten back to the same mark :)

14. shad99

shad99 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Japatul Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I ordered Bosch part# 0580313052. Interestingly, the picture shows the white plastic (old) version with the level sensor. The part received was the yellow polypropylene (updated) and no level sensor.

15. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    Mine showed a slightly different number on the current pump and searching for the image of 0580314061 pulls up this picture which appears to be right (?)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

gsworld2014 likes this.
  16. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    So, if I read this thread correctly, are these two bosch part numbers the left and right pumps? And do they fit both the 360 and 430? Coupe and spider?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

17. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dan, could you please share your source? My right side fuel pump is doing the famous leak. I'd like to get one ordered, and would love to have your source. Cheapest in finding is around $375 plus frt.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

18. knocker

knocker F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 10, 2017
    Sydney Aus
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    I bought my upgraded pumps from eurospares uk about $200 a side, if it’s a spider I hope you have the ports under the roof

jag-oo-r likes this.
  19. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    I do indeed have the ports, thankfully! This is how I confirmed the leak last night. Right side only (for now), left-side was dry.
    I then cleaned it up really good, roughed-up the plastic, cleaned again with acetone and then slathered some JB Weld in it last night.
    I left the port cover off, so that I could inspect it after driving it, which I did this morning. 40-minute drive (mostly freeway). No moisture around the area whatsoever. I'm confident that'd hold for some time (but I'm ordering a replacement pump this morning).
    The smell of gasoline persists however. I'm guessing that the port-cover being off has everything to do with that, and that once today's sun moves some warm air through the area, and then I reinstall the cover, all will be back to normal. But in the back of my mind I keep thinking about the rollover-valve I read about. There is no question the pump was leaking, as they famously do. What's the likelihood I have a two-headed problem here? ;-)

I'm looking at eurospares right now and they're 243eu, or about $290usd. Plus frt, of course, but this is cheaper than I had found previously, so thank you!
    I'm getting ready to pull that trigger, unless someone chimes-in in the next hour or so with a better source.

Thank you all for your responses.

20. knocker

knocker F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 10, 2017
    Sydney Aus
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    #20 knocker, Sep 10, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    Hi there, it was suggested that I replace the rollover valves at the same time as the pumps and I did so, apparently they deteriorate due to heat over time . I wouldn’t drive the car personally, replace the fuel pumps and rollover valves first mate .

Apollo 11, jag-oo-r and EastMemphis like this.
  21. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Thanks, everyone, for your responses.
    I've ordered the parts from EuroSpares.... no option for "Expedite"!!! hahaha. I'm anxious already. There are only so many good weather days left here.....

22. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    #22 PCarRI, Sep 11, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    This is hilarious. I literally just yesterday ordered the fuel pumps from Eurospares as well!
    Was the LH fuel pump on back order for you too?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    Incidentally I woke up to an email from them today saying they are shipping the parts out immediately! I asked them to take off the pump that was on backorder (who has the patience for that?!) and they did it right away. Very impressive service and prices, will undoubtedly buy from them again if the parts come in as expected.

24. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Mine allowed me to put it in the cart and checkout. But after ordering they told me that the LH was backordered.