HomeLink-garage door opener setup F12 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

HomeLink-garage door opener setup F12

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by rockitman, Oct 24, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    Instead of trying to hold your handheld remote for a few seconds then release, you have to cycle the button on your remote (i.e. push and release the button 3-4 times) while holding in the homelink button at the same time. This will allow the homelink button to memorize the handheld remote much easier (I found this out by going to the homelink company website since the instruction booklet did not tell you to do this).

2. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

Nope. Not working. I guess my new liftmaster with rolling codes not compatible. The clicker will remain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    Even though Homelink may in theory be the same in all makes, all my other car brands (toyota, honda, ford, porsche, bmw) were much easier, the ferrari's seem to never work or be a complete pita

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    steve look back to post 17 in this thread
    xoxo

5. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

Lol! Yep. On the sun visor it stays.

430jm likes this.
  6. DaveMc

DaveMc Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Guys, some of you will need a "compatibility bridge" to make the homelink work. I just built a new home with new garage door openers and I had to install this bridge to get everything to work with my 4-5 year old cars. The bridge is very easy to install. Everything works perfectly now, just like it used to with my old house.

https://www.amazon.com/Liftmaster-855lm-Chamberlain-Homelink-Compatibility/dp/B00IPQY3GS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501617942&sr=8-1&keywords=homelink+compatibility+bridge

And some of you will also need to push the "learn" button on your opener TWICE in order to get it in the "learn mode". This is also a common error that people make when programming the homelink

7. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Formula 3

Jun 19, 2012
    +1

I needed the compatibility bridge to get Homelink in a 2014 458 Spider to work with a new Liftmaster system. Once I got the bridge, it worked fine. The installer of the new Liftmaster system (the prior system died) was aware of the issue.

8. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

Thanks guys! Ordering it now. Hal I will discuss with you when I see you next.

9. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Guys...I ordered it from Amazon Prime and I got it in two days. Installed and works perfectly. Goodbye clicker!! Thanks!

VColin likes this.
  10. F5506M

F5506M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ray
    The problem is not the HomeLink in the car, but the garage door, which needs to learn the new receiver in the car. Just did it on the FF and worked perfectly.

11. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    YouTube guys it’s simple..

12. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Yes home link is super simple in every single vehicle I’ve ever owned.....EXCEPT Ferrari.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I completely agree! I never could get mine to work right but in every other car it works great.

14. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Link? I have not had success with my F12. Meanwhile, my Performante worked immediately. Naturally, YMWV.

15. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    All you guys need is this. My 458 Homelink finally can be used!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
  17. ERIC ANDERSON

ERIC ANDERSON Rookie

May 3, 2020
    Cleveland, OH
    Full Name:
    Eric Anderson
    I was also frustrated with this with my '15 F12. In a nutshell the Ferrari Homelink system is dated, and requires a $25 "bridge" to make the car opener compatible with most US garage door openers. With the Homelink Bridge it was < 5 minutes to get the car opener working. Here are the steps as slightly modified from an early post on this:
    1.Press and hold the two outside buttons on the Homelink® system until the LED starts to blink, release buttons.

2. Press and hold the desired Homelink® button in the car and the transmit button on the transmitter provided with the bridge kit at the same time until the Homelink® LED changes from a slow blink to a rapid blink. (Your Homelink® system is now programmed)

3.Locate the learn code button on your garage door opener. It is typically YELLOW. (These are located under the light cover or on the rear panel depending on model)

4.Press the learn code button on the garage door opener, a red LED will start to blink. (You will have 30 seconds to complete programming)

5.While the LED on the garage door opener is blinking, return to the vehicle and press and hold the pre-programmed Homelink® button. Once it flashes you can release it. The button worked first time when I did this.

If you have problems with the Homelink® system please call 1-800-355-3515 or their website at HomeLink

VColin likes this.
  18. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    My car is a 2012 and I didn't need a bridge. Ny garage door opener is at least 10 yrs old

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

19. Terrence

Terrence Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2004
    Hawaii/LA
    Full Name:
    Terrence
    Works for me, and I have rolling code.

20. RichPunk505

RichPunk505 Rookie

Nov 17, 2021
    Full Name:
    Lee
    guys - this totally works - just spent 4 hours with garage door people - they said cars prior to 2016 need a repeater (for lift master). I have a 2016 FF so it didn’t occur to do this. Then we hooked up the repeater and everything worked. Apparently the Homelink chips in a 2016 Ferrari are from the older models. Hope this helps - it’s awesome to have it work!!!!

21. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    what if your garage door opener is 15 ft high?

Way2fast likes this.
  22. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I have a very tall ladder. My garage is 14 ft high

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  23. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    This is good info. Gate to my community is old so the old programming worked (holding it close to the mirror and copying the code). My new Chamberlains garage door openers will not program though. I’ll just use a visor mounted clicker for them I guess. Glad to read this thread so I don’t waste anymore time on the subject.

24. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    The remotes now are so small you just put them on a keychain and there's two or three it can control. Safer than programming a car with secure entry.