Smart TCU relay | FerrariChat

Smart TCU relay

Discussion in '360/430' started by 78bonanza, Jul 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 78bonanza

78bonanza Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jim Cear
    tifosi101 likes this.
  2. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    That depends... what does it do and how much does it cost? Have to know these tings to determine ROI :)

3. 78bonanza

78bonanza Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jim Cear
    Let me rephrase ... If you’ve installed this product could you provide a current review ?,
    Limited info in the archives

SMART EMT F1 RELAY ECU
    Reference: EMT-ECU-B2-T1

This Plug&Play pure electronic solid state Smart eMT F1 Relay ECU is a direct replacement of the OEM robotized gearbox hydraulic pump relay like for the F1/E-Diff of Ferrari but also for many other car brands. With our embedded software, this ECU will greatly improve the performances & reliability of your car and will help to prevent very expensive hydraulic system failures. Don't wait for such failures to happen and upgrade your relay now! Saved already many supercar owners from big repair bills! Available in 2 different versions: Basic and Advanced.
    Basic current version 2: Hardware R7.2 – Firmware V2.00
    A small price for a big peace of mind!Advanced current version 3: Hardware R7.2 – Firmware V3.20

For Ferrari F1 on F430 (manual shift included), 360, F355, 575M, 599, 599 GTO, 612, Enzo, FXX
    See detailed description for Maserati, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Audi R8 or BMW

eMT ECU Version:
    Basic
    Advanced (includes Monitoring module)
    Advanced Monitoring module 1.5m extension lead only
    Firmware upgrade
    Pump Relay Plug Type:
    Type 1 - 4 blades: 2 x 6.3mm + 2 x 9.5mm terminals
    Type 2 - 5 blades: 4 x 6.3mm + 1 x 2.8mm terminals
    Type 3 - 4 blades: 4 x 6.3mm terminals (Aston Martin)
    Type 4 - 4 blades: 4 x 6.3mm terminals (BMW E46 M3)
    Availability: In Stock

Shipping Terms & Conditions

QUANTITY:QUANTITY UPQUANTITY DOWN

220,00 CHF

4. AandSC

AandSC Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 12, 2016
    Jax, FL
    Full Name:
    Allen
    I’ve installed on my 430. I like having the advanced relay, the signals for when the pump is running, and notifications of faults. My shifts felt faster after adding, but I can’t say for sure that the relay made that difference....just notably better shifting. When I removed the original relay the tabs had signs of arcing. Glad I made the upgrade.

5. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Several threads on this device. I had one in my 430. There are no mfg claims of changes in shifting other than it is claimed to be more reliable than the OEM relay. And it provides early failure warning. Which it does. I had to replace a clutch and accumulator this year it the Scud ING relay was giving me waring signs.

Janjie and whatheheck like this.
  6. tstuli

tstuli Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2018
    NC
    There’s no possibility for it to have improved shifting. The output of the device is a simple on/off as commanded by the TCU to run the pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Janjie, Hocakes, Skidkid and 3 others like this.
  7. 78bonanza

78bonanza Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jim Cear
    This unit appears to provide a safety backup/warning to prevent a closed relay from continuously running the pump until failure .
    Sounds like an interesting warning system . I may consider it
    Thank you for the replies

Janjie likes this.