New owner 09 F430 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New owner 09 F430

Discussion in '360/430' started by Smiles11, Jun 29, 2020.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Smiles11

Smiles11 Rookie

Jun 28, 2020
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    Asking price is $130k with 8300 miles

2. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Is that the car that’s at CNC Exotics in Upland, CA?
    I looked at that car, it’s beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
  4. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    To me, seems rather expensive for a coupe

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    That's asking price, but it is resale Red and an 09 with 8k miles in pristine condition... If it was an actual Ferrari dealer it would be about right in price, since it's not, then I'd say its worth offering 115 to 120k.

6. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    I bought my 2009 from CNC five months ago. They weren't willing to go down much from asking price. I did have them put a genuine Ferrari windshield in because the existing one had some deep scratches. They had to absorb that as part of the sale. I've heard the windshield is $7000. Maybe that's why they wouldn't come down much?

I'm not sure they will budge much from the asking price, for the red one on their lot.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. JCaspar

JCaspar Rookie

Nov 24, 2019
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Jeff Caspar
    Where did you get your PPI done? I was looking at a car in the area and wanted a good place for a PPI. Thanks

8. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    Car looks great, priced right, one thing I learned in the Ferrari world is you get what you pay for... buy it!

9. Smiles11

Smiles11 Rookie

Jun 28, 2020
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    PPI was done through Fast Cars. Car had a few more issues. Just started adding up and they wouldn’t budge on price. I don’t think it’s the right one for me.

10. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Looking forward to seeing that PPI ,as a heads up on what to expect .

They made what 15000 ? of these so another one will come along for sure.

11. Smiles11

Smiles11 Rookie

Jun 28, 2020
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    Yeah I was really bummed on it. I see a lot available, this one was just the closest to me. So a bit of bad luck.

12. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Not if he wants a 2009. According to another thread here, all 430 production in 2009 (including scuds and 16m) for the US market is only 605 units. My guess is that then they switched over to the 458 production. If the year doesn't matter, then yes another will come along.

@Smiles11, will they correct the issues before the sale? What kind of issues?

13. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    They only dropped the price of mine by $1500,but they were willing to fix everything that I wanted them to.

They have in-house mechanics that apparently are really good, and they have the parts on site. See if they will fix everything on the one you want. Don't sign anything until all of its fixed, or get a Due Bill.

I brought mine home, and the following week the Covid shut them down for three months. It took me four months to get the service records from them after 10 phone calls, texts and emails.

If you really like the car, and they will fix what needs to be fixed, a few thousand dollars doesn't really matter, does it? I think I overpaid a little, but at this point it doesn't matter, I'm happier than I've ever been because after 30 years of wanting a Ferrari, I got one.

lewishou likes this.
  14. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    no reason to hold out for an 09

15. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    I just looked at the car again on the CNC website. The asking price is $140,000. That seems high. Were they willing to come down to $130,000? I thought I saw a post that they were asking $130,000.

Scott Long likes this.
  16. Smiles11

Smiles11 Rookie

Jun 28, 2020
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    #41 Smiles11, Jul 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    Sorry. You’re right. I meant $140k. I was just putting $10k down with my credit union at a low rate.

There aren’t a “ton” of issues. However they aren’t going to fix them. They said there’s not enough wrong with it to discount the car. So it’s $139,9.

17. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    $140,000 and they won’t fix the issues, is too much in my opinion.

Depending what the repairs cost, you are almost at a 458 price. But the 458 you find might need repairs too.

Maybe look around at some Private Party cars. There’s a guy named Mike in the Commercial Listings, that can find cars all over the US. I forget his business name, Yellow Compass, I think. Call him and see what he can find. It won’t cost you anything to talk to him.

cole328 likes this.
  18. Smiles11

Smiles11 Rookie

Jun 28, 2020
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    Thanks! I’ll give him a call! Thanks for the tip

19. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Whenever you get one, get ahold of me. My wife and I live in Santa Clarita and I’ve got a buddy with a 360 that lives here too. We’ll let you know when we take the cars for a drive,
    maybe you can join us.

We both do all the work on our cars ourselves, and have saved a ton of money on maintenance.

20. Smiles11

Smiles11 Rookie

Jun 28, 2020
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    Very cool! Thanks for the invite and I definitely will. Technically still in talks on this one. We will see where it goes

21. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    What were the issues?

22. Luano Nomellini

Feb 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Luano Nomellini
    What if there is peeling in door jams and under hood? What is that a sign of?

23. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    No issues. Happens to all of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Easily corrected and with proper prep and some black paint it will never peel again in the same spot. Ferrari really didn’t prep these areas before spraying the satin black so they generally peel in some spots. I heard the Ferrari dealers even kept rattle cans of paint around to touch up cars it was so common.

25. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    If you plan on driving the car get something else. You can easily get a well maintained F430 for 85-95 with mileage between 20-40k. Don’t see any reason for spending 50-60k more for the same car unless you are just going to collect it. One benefit of the driven cars is the weak spots most likely have already been dealt with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk