First Ferrari and first post! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

First Ferrari and first post!

Discussion in '360/430' started by Brandon Marshall, Jun 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tstuli

tstuli Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2018
    NC
    Yes. It won’t hold pressure indefinitely. It’s a hydraulic system running at 750psi and there will always be a small amount of leakage.

With the clutch “de-pressed” cycling every 2 minutes for a few seconds of pump on time is pretty normal in my opinion.

Time between cycling on should increase when the clutch is “released”. You can get this by idleing in neutral for a while (don’t touch anything). The TCU will eventually release the clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Brandon Marshall

Jun 27, 2020
    Oak Ridge NC
    Full Name:
    Brandon Marshall
    OK so I got some good news this morning, they dropped the actuator and the bleed screws were very loose, causing the pressure drop and pump to run too much. They are putting back together to drive and confirm this was the issue but I feel certain it was. On to the next questions......I have been advised to change the gen 1 manifolds to aftermarket headers....question is, do I just run the headers or do I need to have ecu reflashed to not read those 02's?? Not sure on these cars what to do, I would assume 02's will not read properly, please advise

3. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    You can get headers and mini-cats which will prevent a CEL if you don't reflash the ECU.

4. Brandon Marshall

Jun 27, 2020
    Oak Ridge NC
    Full Name:
    Brandon Marshall
    resonated test pipes?

5. Brandon Marshall

Jun 27, 2020
    Oak Ridge NC
    Full Name:
    Brandon Marshall
  6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    tstuli- The system will never close the clutch when stopped with an F1 system in neutral or, obviously, in gear. Clutch is always open when stopped.

7. tstuli

tstuli Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2018
    NC
    In neutral it will after 300 seconds.
    Watch the gearbox input RPM.

This is actually part of the specific factory procedure for testing the clutch solenoid leakage rates (to get both the open and closed rates).

flash32 likes this.
  8. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    New to me, thanks.

9. Brandon Marshall

Jun 27, 2020
    Oak Ridge NC
    Full Name:
    Brandon Marshall
    Ok so got the car back and everything seemed fine, I drove it for about 40 miles pretty hard since I haven’t been able to do so since I purchased it. No lights, no misfires, F1 pump running normal, shifts great. I parked it for few hours. Later last night I wanted to go out for another run. I let the car warm up but not all the way to normal running temp. Every time I would go wot in any gear, it would hit about 4K rpms and just die, like would not accelerate anymore, as I ease of throttle, then it would accelerate. It did this each time I’d try to go wot. The check engine light starting flashing a few times but never went solid. Once the car got to normal operating temp, all seemed fine again. What could this mean? Is this normal? I wouldn’t think so but wanted to ask.

10. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    In my opinion, it is critical for every owner of a 360 to have an OBD scanner that can read all the systems in the car. I suggest the Autel AP200, which is $70 on Amazon. You have some serious codes stuck in your ECU and probably TCU. You should get a competent scanner and read them for yourself.

11. Brandon Marshall

Jun 27, 2020
    Oak Ridge NC
    Full Name:
    Brandon Marshall
    I do have a scanner, have 3 misfire codes....
    just wondering why this keeps happening

12. aslowdodge

aslowdodge Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Marietta, Georgia
    It might have been helpful to post what the codes were if you want your question answered.

13. Brandon Marshall

Jun 27, 2020
    Oak Ridge NC
    Full Name:
    Brandon Marshall
    well the first round of answers were very helpful, I regret I posted this time lol. If you just want to argue, save your thoughts. My question wasn’t about codes, it was about an issue that keeps reoccurring....however, I did disclose the codes in prior response. Thanks for your help! (Or the lack thereof)

14. Brandon Marshall

Jun 27, 2020
    Oak Ridge NC
    Full Name:
    Brandon Marshall
    it is a 430...

15. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

85k to 87k given year, color

16. Brandon Marshall

Jun 27, 2020
    Oak Ridge NC
    Full Name:
    Brandon Marshall

17. Brandon Marshall

Jun 27, 2020
    Oak Ridge NC
    Full Name:
    Brandon Marshall
    I’m in less than that!

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  18. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Then good deal imo!

19. ItalGerBrit

ItalGerBrit Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    Not yet. Once sorted out it might be. At least the previous owner is doing the right thing and covering it.

20. Brandon Marshall

Jun 27, 2020
    Oak Ridge NC
    Full Name:
    Brandon Marshall
    The original problem has been fixed. I picked up from dealership. This is a separate issue. Possibly MAF sensor is what I am guessing considering the oil level was too high which I discussed in earlier post.

21. aslowdodge

aslowdodge Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Marietta, Georgia
    Nope didn’t see the codes posted. You’re the one that keeps complaining about the codes popping up and what is causing them , how can someone help you if they don’t know the codes you say keep happening. If I missed it I apologize, but my suggestion was appropriate. I had shifting issues on my car when I got it and went through several things before I got it running right. I won’t post any suggestisay I’m of no help

22. Brandon Marshall

Jun 27, 2020
    Oak Ridge NC
    Full Name:
    Brandon Marshall
    It is on first page....
    I didn’t give the actual code but had misfire on all cylinders. If you read on, the oil was overfilled so I was told that could have caused them.
    Codes present yesterday
    PO300
    PO301
    PO302
    I cleared them, drove for a while today with no issue. What items did you go through and what ended up solving it?

23. Brandon Marshall

Jun 27, 2020
    Oak Ridge NC
    Full Name:
    Brandon Marshall
    Previously, before taking to Ferrari. I had misfire on all cylinders, had a system lean off idle bank 2, and a slow down light (yellow)
    Some of those were caused by loose bleed screws on actuator, causing system (pump) to run constantly due to lost pressure.

24. Brandon Marshall

Jun 27, 2020
    Oak Ridge NC
    Full Name:
    Brandon Marshall
    P2179
    Forgot to add that one. This was previously though, prior to dealership