430 - whats a fair price to buy today | FerrariChat

430 whats a fair price to buy today

Discussion in '360/430' started by Dbops618, Jul 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dbops618

Dbops618 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2017
    florida
    Full Name:
    D. Hernandez
    whick price range is fair? also, is it better to buy a 5k or 10k or 20k car? i am seriously in the market to purchase one

Fixjets777 likes this.
  2. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    If you want any serious answers you need to be more specific. What year, what options, how much history/maintenance, what color. Short answer, it all depends. If you want a black car or silver car, there are a lot to choose from and you have negotiation room. You want a red car, a lot but probably not as much room. You want a yellow or blue car, IF you find one that is nice pay the price and get it; there just aren't enough to wait it out.

flash32 likes this.
  3. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    You can’t be serious...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

FSM348 likes this.
  4. Dbops618

Dbops618 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2017
    florida
    Full Name:
    D. Hernandez
    i found a black on black 2006 with 16k miles asking 114k but i will offer around 100k.........its in excellent condition and had plenty of service history

5. FSM348

FSM348 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 13, 2017
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Dan Smith
    Have you had the car looked at? Did you review the service history? Making an offer without knowing the true condition of the car is like guessing how many jelly beans are in a 5 gallon bucket...

Get a PPI from a third party and make sure you ask about all the normal little things the 430 has had issues with. Factory headers? Steel or Carbon brakes? Clutch life? Tire type and condition? Michelin PSS is the only choice in my opinion but after 4-5 years they tend to be very hard and lack grip regardless of tread condition. Daytona seats, carbon or standard? Are the ball joints, motor mounts, trans mount in good condition? Motor mounts are cheap and easy to do yourself yet make a huge difference in shifting experience believe it or not. I tend to feel that higher mileage 430s may be the better buy these days because they have a higher likely hood of having some of the small factory "defects" taken care of. Wonderful cars as long as you don't buy the wrong one that will nickel and dime you to death.

6. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Buy for condition, not miles. You don’t want a 430 with 5000 miles that has never had an oil change.

7. CarbonDan

CarbonDan Karting

Aug 19, 2017
    PNW
    I like to negotiate the price given the stated condition, then do the PPI and if items are found that need to be addressed, negotiate further from there. Otherwise you'll be spending lots of money and time on fruitless PPIs. That method seems to work best.
    For The OP,

My personal preference is to aim for roughly 1k miles per year, seems like those cars meet the sweet spot where they're run enough to keep things working properly, but not overused and worn down, and also at a moderate price point. Things can vary wildly from there though so a thorough PPI is a must. F430s are relatively robust cars without a huge amount of traps. Investigate the service records carefully and that should give you a decent idea of how well cared for that car has been.
    If you can get CCBs, they are maybe my only must-have option, especially if you have a .2 3rs, you'll love the brakes. (I have a .2 gt3 manual with CCBs and just sold my 360cs with CCBs - both have incredible brake performance and feel)

8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    there is an amazing 08 with 10k miles for 125k - id jump on that....you can def spend closer to 100k...

9. niklas

niklas Formula 3

Apr 25, 2008
    Chilliwack BC
    Full Name:
    N. Olafsson
    Of course he’s serious. He even explicitly says he’s serious in his post. Duh