Pista on Bring a Trailer pulled? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Pista on Bring a Trailer pulled?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Jaguar36, Jun 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    @soulseainsc
    Bus pass as a daily and slammed straight piped 87 Yugo for posing.

I'll post my penis size verification form as soon as I get it notarized (my penis not the form).

Boomhauer, nads, obbob and 13 others like this.
  2. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Post of the year so far.

nads, SirPouyan, 09Scuderia and 2 others like this.
  3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Well played sir. Well played.

Thecadster and Jo Sta7 like this.
  4. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
  5. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    All funny and witty responses. All I’m trying to do is avoid having another conversation with someone like a no one. We all know how that train wreck ended. People have different meanings and values for different things. Some agonize over depreciation for others it’s the price you got a pay to play.

KC360 FL likes this.
  6. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    At least his response was funny. This was just lame. Better luck next time

7. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #32 freshmeat, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    I'm looking to score a covid-special, not as investment...not loaded enough to not feel the burn of paying an extra $50K-$70K.

I asked the question because having spoken with a handful of dealers, they are under a strong impression that all is good in the world and people will soak up the glut of these cars like a sponge at or above MSRP, which doesn't seem realistic? Or are you saying it is?

8. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    For perspective, stock markets up, most high end dealers are reporting best quarters of sales in years. The rich didnt get burned recently, unlike in 2008. I keep hearing “by summer there will be a glut of these cars, cheap!” . Now it’s, “by Winter there will be a glut of these cars!”. IDK. Not seeing it so far outside of normal cyclical price undulations.
    Exceptions might be things like people who foolishly thought 911’s would go up in value.

Xrayv8, Ash Patel, Gh21631 and 2 others like this.
  9. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’m not saying or predicting anything. I don’t know what the market is gonna do. Maybe it will crash maybe it won’t. I paid cash for my car by saving up. I plan on keeping it a long time and I love driving it. What do I care about it’s worth? To me it’s priceless and I’m not selling it anytime Soon..

But if you want me to take an educated guess as to what’s gonna happen in the economy- let’s see

- My portfolio is down less than 5%- it has mostly recovered all its losses which were close to 20%.
    - My local dealer had their best month of sales ever
    - All if my friends net worth and cash has been affected similarly, in other words minimally, but they have stopped spending money on everything cause there ain’t anything to spend on- no vacations, no dinners out, no nothing. So what do they do- they look at cars. Probably why car sales of exotics are through the roof. No better activity than to social distance in your exotic.
    - Prices haven’t crashed like everyone keeps predicting. Will it happen in the summer? The fall? Next year? No clue.
    - Real estate around me is selling like they stopped making it. The market is hot hot hot. people have money to spend. Rates are low and inventory is lower. Those with money are gobbling up real estate. Atleast in my neck of the woods they are.

So what does this mean for car prices? No clue. I don’t know and I don’t care. I live in the economy of me, not in the economy if CNN or Fox News.

My next car I’ll purchase after we build our new house. Yes- we are building a new house in this “terrible” economy. Why? Because I see the light at the end of the tunnel for the shut downs and long term we will come out strong. I have faith in the future of this economy, this country.

So you can sit there and worry about cars depreciating or accept the fact that no matter what you buy, it will go down in value. Pista is no exception.

Every hot car in the last 5 years when it first came out and dealers would laugh at you when you told them you would like to buy one- can be had under msrp. 2RS, GT3, Superfast, Aventador SVJ, Performante- and yes our beloved Pista as well.

I can’t predict the future nor do I care about the future. I wrote the other day how I destroyed a crotch rocket bike off the line 3 times at red lights in my Pista. To me, whatever depreciation over suffered has been well worth it to see the shocked look on the bikers face when he realized he got his ass handed to him by a car.

So as to your Covid special- find a car and pull the trigger and enjoy the hell out of it. It’s far more enjoyable than sitting on the Internet with your balls in your hand trying to notarize you’re penis worrying about depreciation.

Thecadster, Coincid, Need4Spd and 4 others like this.
  10. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Yep, same here in my neck of the woods; people are gobbling up properties outside the city, North Bay / Napa in particular.

And I’m not thinking depreciation, just not willing to pay msrp or over msrp. I think $50k under msrp is reasonable and inline and that’s the goal post I’ve set.

Texas Forever and Need4Spd like this.
  11. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Autotrader is your friend. Probably 20 cars there at or below msrp. Good luck on the hunt.

12. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Not to stir anything up or emotions but I've noticed people that posts wish full special discount supr covid-sale pricing hoping on their future car mostly are the ones that will not buy any car (at least in the near future) but mostly speculate. I mean I bought a Huracan now during Covid, and I did not post a ton of posts on Lamborghinitalk on right pricing depreciation during covid etc etc, I just bought the damn car. Now I respect that Pista is in a different price bracket but still...

And @SoCal to az and @dustman are describing things as I am seeing it as well. In my circle of friends who can buy these cars and even those who can't , no one have been affected at all, for me it is quiet the opposite tbh, and I've bought some other cars after the Huracan, the latest last week nothing to brag about (Mini Cooper Countryman) and the car dealers are selling cars like crazy.

dustman, SoCal to az and IloveGT like this.
  13. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    +100

Thecadster likes this.
  14. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    agreed. we are very jaded by noone1. gosh.

SoCal to az and Ash Patel like this.
  15. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    fair question too

16. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    that's not what she said though. sorry can't help it. :)

17. MoreGarages413

MoreGarages413 Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Suburban Philadelphia PA
    Full Name:
    Jay B
    That’s the perfect pista as a track day toy; “horribly” high mileage and “unsaleable” option spec. Someone needs to buy this car and and give it the badges of honor of stone chips and rolled up rubber bits signifying a good time was had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Thanks! Been keeping my eyes peeled.

Waiting for:
    - a red on red
    - or white on red
    - azurro dino would be spicey but longshot
    - another long shot is azurro la plata or the previous one goes up for sale again

Ppl keep saying go to dub dub dub, no sh*t have you seen the specs? Every one on cars/autotrader is pretty conservative spec...not looking for yet another default red on black spec in my life ;)

19. NewYorkLego

NewYorkLego Karting

Jan 28, 2019
    NY
    Im willing to bet BaT wanted them to pull all other listings of the car offline.. and they said absolutely not

20. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    You are a perfect example of what I was posting earlier. You can afford a Pista but want the right one. The yellow one is cheap but you don’t want cheap- you want the right car hence my comment about the carbon earlier. That is why the yellow Pista will sit. It is not a well specced car and it’s still asking close to 400k!

There is a blue at Scottsdale Ferrari- no radio, no carbon, brown interior on a blue car. Looks terrible. It will sit. It will depreciate further cause anyone who can afford a car at this price doesn’t just want a Pista, they want one to their liking.

Ofcourse this just leads to the endless comments by the tire kickers who have no intention of actually buying a car of how the market is falling and prices are dropping.

Maybe, maybe not. Just find the car/spec you love and enjoy it. You can’t predict or control depreciation so it’s better to have the miles on the odometer notorized than any appendage on the body.

Ash Patel and freshmeat like this.
  21. Y'all are stupid.

Pistas definitely trending below MSRP.

Heck, I just picked up this beauty at 50% off MSRP. Low mileage too, one owner. Garage queen all the way. Never seen rain (at least that's what I'm told).

First item of business of PPF (Suntek or Xpel?) and them full ceramic coat. Then maybe a tint. Then to dust off some shelf space.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Definitely indicative of how bad a car it is. Surprised its only 50% off.

23. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The second picture is reversed to make believe it's a RHD car but it's given away by the prancing horse...

MANDALAY likes this.
  24. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Anyway, what's important to notice is that people not caring about depreciation are the ones vocally claiming there is not any - not sure how it adds up.
    If I do not care about something, well, I do not care, and will not argue no matter what; if I care, I may have an opinion and / or try to find out what the actual situation is. But that's just me, I'm really narrow-minded ;)

09Scuderia likes this.
  25. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Huh? Where do you get this from?