Novitec, Capristo, IPE | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Novitec, Capristo, IPE

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by CrAshley, Jun 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    Novitec. Nothing sounds like it. Kline is close but Novitec is worth the extra $ if you want that perfect crisp f1 sound.

2. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    If I’d had a choice on my car it would have been Novitec, mine came with IPE which is great but Novitec helps with resales.

3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    You know what I mean by what I said. There's a good chance of lack of quality control and same goes for the materials used when the developer outsource production. And considering the fact that IPE has had both fitment issues and cracking issues, I'd say I'm pretty much on point. Do you think it would be the case if it was made the same way and of the same materials as a Capristo exhaust in Germany? No? Me neither.

Poor quality control in Italy? Sure. Have you driven a GM product or an Audi as of late? BMW? That's just cars. Fact is that modern Ferraris are very reliable and well made all in all. Biggest quality control issue with Ferrari is the paint, but the cars are generally sound. Not sure why I hit a nerve with you posting what I did, but fact is that when things are outsourced to save production cost the possibility of quality issues increase. Had IPE a perfect rep sheet, I'd be all for it and just applaud them for making an affordable and nice product. But they charge about the same as Capristo but it's just not on the same level. Guy here installed an IPE on his 720. It had cracked in three places after six month. Another had one on a GT3. It dropped right off the car on track when the mounts welded to the muffler let go. Yep, great stuff, not...

4. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Accepted, regrading outsourcing they all do, I drive Mini Cooper, FF, and Lexus LX470 MIni adore, FF amazing after 1 year sticky every were PTU a constant concern,
    Lexus best overall vehicle I’ve owned, Ferrari quality control considering how few cars they produce is poor.