F8 - F8 Tributo Seats type | FerrariChat

F8 F8 Tributo Seats type

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by EzyMode, Jun 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EzyMode

EzyMode Rookie

Jun 18, 2020
    Greetings,

I’m placing an order for my first ferrari car an Image Unavailable, Please Login d I needed help choosing the seat,
    Can someone explain what are the difference between them? And which one is the best for daily use.

Best regards.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    The top row is the standard seat. It is available in the 4 patterns shown. The second are called Goldrake seats, or the racing seats.

I personally would never get a Ferrari with the standard seats. The Goldrake to me look great. It’s what I’ve had and they’re very comfortable. The standard ones may be comfortable as well but I just don’t like the look.

The Daytona pattern is a classic pattern but it’s not my cup of tea. I just like the standard racing seats with no Daytona pattern.

Much of this is personal preference. Good luck and enjoy the new car.

LouisKing, Coincid and xBox like this.
  3. 020147

020147 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2006
    Midwest
    I love the Goldrake seats in my 488.

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  4. garak

garak Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2010
    Florida/Arizona
    IMO, the racing seats are a must, especially if plan to go around corners at all.

5. EzyMode

EzyMode Rookie

Jun 18, 2020
    Thank you for reply,
    I’m not buying it mainly for racing to be honest. And I've heard from “not ferrari users” that I must go for the standard one because of confort and stuff, so I made this post to get your opinion about this as you guys have been in this field for years.

6. EzyMode

EzyMode Rookie

Jun 18, 2020
    Thank you for sharing this with me.

7. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    While it’s personal preference to me there is not a question that I would go with the racing seats. They look the part and are quite comfortable for daily use....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    I have the standard electric seats, only because they were in the second hand car I bought.

Would have loved the cf racing seats ..yes.

But it makes hardly any difference when I do trackdays on the circuits ... it is just a matter of ideas.

Did not put me off to buy mine ...

Attached Files:

9. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Modern car deserves a modern seat ..... GOLDRAKE. For MY 2018 when selecting racing seats, EC mirrors with Homelink had to be ordered separately.

10. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    The racing seats are the most comfortable option! When I spec’d my car I sat in all the seat options at the dealer and always went back to the racing seat. Then the next question: racing seat lifter or not? Lol

11. Mortarion

Mortarion Karting

Jun 6, 2020
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Jase
    Goldrake is unavailable for the F8.. I originally chose Daytona style Racing Seats, but reverted back to Standard Racing.. Has the perforated white dots on them which im not 100% on..

12. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Don’t listen to “not Ferrari users”. What the hell do they know? look at every response from actual owners.
    Racing seats all the way.

Senna1994, Viperjoe and jm2 like this.
  13. EzyMode

EzyMode Rookie

Jun 18, 2020
    Sure thing that’s why I came here to ask you guys!

Im going for “rosso corsa” if I choose the racing seats, I must go for black color? The crema for example wont match the with racing seats or what you think?

14. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    0r you can go with beige

Image Unavailable, Please Login

mdrums and blkdiablo33 like this.
  15. EzyMode

EzyMode Rookie

Jun 18, 2020
    For sure Im ordering electric seats let’s say I’ll go for racing seats, do you think it will match with crema color? The color of the F8 is Rosso Corsa

16. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I got Daytona racing seats because I didn’t care for the standard racing seat with the black “twilight “ inserts on my Cuoio seats. I think the std racing seats look good in Nero, crema you might want to consider the Daytona as well.

17. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    My old 488 was Rosso with black interior- red stitching. Let me dig up a pic. That is my preference. But plenty of people went with Cuoio, the tan color. When it comes to color its all personal preference. Its your car- do what you want with the color scheme. Keep resale in mind for sure so don't do red with green interior- but really there is no hard and fast rule you have to do black interior. What kind of look are you trying to accomplish?

Race car? go with black.
    Elegant weekend cruiser- tan would work just fine.

No wrong choices here except for getting the standard seats. :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    My personal opinion on the electric seats. I would never get them. Why do I want to make it easy for someone else to adjust my seat. Im the only only one driving my car. I dont need to adjust it but once. Its more weight, its one more electrical thing to break. I hate em. Save the money and weight get non electric racing seats.

As far as crema interior- yes, it will work just fine with a red car. Photo posted in the thread.

Senna1994 likes this.
  19. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Mine have have never had an issue and I am on my fourth set. If this car isn't intended to be used on the track then I can't understand why buy racing seats. Yes they look good but they don't adjust other than forward and backward and maybe up down if you get the lifter. However, the complaint about the F8 is that it's more of a soft/luxury car so why buy racing seats in that kind of car?

I have had full electric seats on all my F-cars and I am just as enthusiastic about them as others are the racing seats. I like Daytona seats but the one drawback to the full electric seats is that they don't leave much headroom if you are tall. In the 812 ,there isn't an issue nor in the Portofino but in the 488 it was tight and I assume the same will be true with the F8.

20. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Racing seats are not electric, they are manual.

21. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Because they look 1000x better.

22. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Indeed it's more about the look (and the weight to some extent).
    On older cars (e.g. 355) the standard seats were really terrible, they made you feel like you were in some sort of limo - but since the 458 they have been improved so that they are OK also for spirited driving (these cars are road cars anyway, so there's no reason pretending they are actual race cars).

23. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    In Australia the FULL electric seats were standard on the 488 GTB / Spider. Why pay an extra 15 k to have manual seats. The full electric are great IMO. Much better than older cars.

I always love black interior especially on a red car which mine is. However the red thread gets lost in black and is too cliché. I went with white so the parts pop out and all leather everywhere , behind seats fire wall , back of seat and roof. BTW don't like carbon.

Attached Files:

24. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    I have a 458 with standard seats/ electric and an F8 with racing seats. Racing seats do not have an option for Electric - Manual only.
    If you want strictly comfort - the standard seats are better - especially on long drives - in my opinion. Some of this depends on your body type which I am more stocky versus someone who’s Lean. But I will probably never order a car without racing seats again. They do look better. They “hold” you In the seat better which adds to the driving experience especially the harder you drive the car. But either way - you will love the car.

bluesea and EzyMode like this.
  25. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I have standard sized electric Daytona in my 458, and would probably order the same in an F8 - because I would basically daily drive an F8 too. I love the standard sized seat.

EzyMode and MANDALAY like this.