NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER) | Page 22 | FerrariChat

NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER)

Discussion in '296' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    If LB has an electrified front axle, combined output should be more than 800 hp i guess

2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    It will need it with the additional weight.

3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I don’t think they care. If they did, Pista would have been faster than 720. It’s not.

4. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019
    it's faster on track

5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Some tracks, the ones that are shorter, perhaps more technical and cant make use of the additional power. Doesn't matter though, very few tracking or even pushing their cars to the limit.

6. 355TDI

355TDI Karting

Feb 1, 2019
    London
    Full Name:
    Immat Wings
    It is comprehensively faster on track

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019
    most, not some...

8. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I own both Pista and 720. 720 is quicker.

9. 355TDI

355TDI Karting

Feb 1, 2019
    London
    Full Name:
    Immat Wings
  10. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    By who? On which tires? Which drivers? What conditions? How about you stop believing the internet and rather the owners of both these cars? Believe what you want but there are too many people here who have firsthand experience with both cars including myself.

Senna1994 and IPO1 like this.
  11. 355TDI

355TDI Karting

Feb 1, 2019
    London
    Full Name:
    Immat Wings
    Well enlighten us then and show us your track times. There are many owners on here who believe the Pista is the faster track car too. The 720 is faster on a straight line that I have no doubt, but on a track the Pista is faster give or take variables such as tyres, conditions, drivers etc.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    • The 458 coupe (4.5 l) weighs 3,450 pounds
    • the 458 Speciale weighs 3,252

• The 488 coupe (3.9l) weighs 3,442 pounds
    • The Pista coupe weighs 3,250

• The F8 coupe (3.9 l ) weighs 3,360 pounds (I predict there will be no track focused F8 special edition.)

• The SF Stradale (4.0 l) weighs 3,450 pounds
    • So my guess is that the LB will weigh 3,450-3,550 pounds

(please feel free to correct my weight estimates. These were based on the 458 and what Ferrari claimed were the differences between the models)

13. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
  14. SVR

SVR Karting

Feb 9, 2017
    Moscow, Russia
    It doesn’t matter.
    If we talking about 1 test, it’s good questions.
    If 12 and 11,5 - 0,5 scores, all clear.
    Pista faster on the track.

Slower on the straight, and slower at the driver feelings, ok.

LVP488 and Ale55andr0 like this.
  15. SVR

SVR Karting

Feb 9, 2017
    Moscow, Russia
    458, 488, f8, sf90 it is one, very old platform (or one alu. frame if you wants). Where are no many opportunities for Ferrari for big weight reduction. Only in some minor details. Like wheels, carbon parts instead plastic, lexan rear glass, or lexan window between saloon and motor (in Pista).

During the development of the new platform there are much more such opportunities, at a fundamentally different level. All the more now there is competition from very light Mclarens.

Even v6 will be much lighter then v8.

16. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I currently do not own a 720 but had 2 of them, I do currently have a Pista so there is no bias. The 720 is a beast. With the proper tires and driver it will run against anything. Believe whatever makes you feel good.

Btw, I love my Pista and dont plan to sell it anytime soon. Just calling it like it is.

F12london and 355TDI like this.
  17. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

LB IMO will be priced at just over the F8 AND below the price of a Pista

18. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Same. Love the Pista and it is an absolute beast. No plans on selling and have close to 1500 miles on the car. But 720 is faster. Means nothing. Both are plenty fast enough.

As far as track times, 720’is not a track designated car. Pista is. A better comparison would be Pista vs 765. But again- means nothing. Unless you make a living tracking your cars- who cares which is faster. Enjoy the cars for what they are and what they provide. Endless smiles.

SVR, MarkTodd, Carrerarsr and 3 others like this.
  19. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Very true
    Very true!
    Since you can drive the M and the F back to back, what are the differences which you perceive?

20. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Mclaren lighter feel, more nimble, more responsive. More subdued in the sound department.

Ferrari more raw, angry. Louder more harsh.

Please don’t take my comments to mean that the Ferrari is slow by any means. It’s not. It’s brutally fast.

The other day I was driving around with my buddy in his Porsche, me in my Pista. We came to a light and a motorcycle came next to us. Started revvjng his engine. It was a street bike, decked out for speed. I said what the he’ll let’s go.

light goes green and I take off, he takes off. I destroyed him off the line. Wasn’t close. Two more light, two more times, same result. Pista 3. Motorcycle 0.

I didn’t think the Pista has a chance against the bike. But it wasn’t close. Bike had no chance.

So no one take my comments that the Pista is slow. It’s not. It’s amazing amazing car. I love it. But facts are facts that the 720 due to its carbon tub feels lighter, quicker more responsive.

MalibuGuy likes this.
  21. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Always impressive to beat a bike Assuming it was a crotch rocket. If you destroyed it then it was probably a 600 cc bike which is a smaller one. But I know with my demon I can run pretty close to the liter bikes which is really impressive and I’m sure the Pista can too. It would just be a much closer race, they are usually very surprised you can hang.

22. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Driving the bike faster probably requires more skills - but the reality is that with a proper rider (not me for sure) the Pista would actually have no chance unless the motorcycle is a very lazy one (a Harley maybe ;) ) - very few cars can compete with a bike on a red light contest.

23. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Yes crotch rocket. I honestly don't know the displacement and I fully expected him to kick my ass. But after the first round- I was confident and emboldened and it was no match. I think he was shocked and pissed to get his ass handed to him. lol

24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Dont know the riders capability, dont know his bike specs, all I know is I kicked his ass 3 times at 3 different lights and he was not too happy about it.

Katonk likes this.
  25. MassAppeal

MassAppeal Karting

Mar 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mass Appeal
    As been stated before, the SF90 Stradale is an all new platform. You keep in saying that the 458, 488, F8, AND the SF90 Stradale are on the same platform, but the SF90 isn’t. Is it due to it having a mid mounted V8? They didn’t just add electric motors/batteries to the same platform, and push it out as a new model. That all would add weight. They had to develop a new chassis. Take a look at how low the V8 is mounted in the car, that’s proof that they had develop a new chassis. Other proof is how the electric drivetrain was added.