Just sold my Ferrari to buy more TSLA | Page 46 | FerrariChat

Just sold my Ferrari to buy more TSLA

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by JERRYZ, Feb 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

That’s what I have been telling ppl. U can disagree with Jerryz but give the man credit where credit is due. If he did what he said: he made bank!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JERRYZ and paulchua like this.
  2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I never understood the vehement hate for Tesla. I understand if a person doesn't like it because of the tax credits it received, fine - but anybody that can say with a straight face that the cars are crap is deluding themselves. Every car manufacturer is playing catch up to Tesla when it comes to full electrification.

3. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Tesla may or may not survive in the long haul agaisnt the big guys once they get rolling with thier electric cars. However..Tesla will always be considered the "first" usable full production electric car. That in itself is worth somthing.

You never know..if SpaceX blows up (sorry) tesla could become the secondary business, becoming more of a luxury brand..kinda like the Ferrari of the electric car..

paulchua likes this.
  4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Great points, agree with you 100% that Tesla could ultimately fail. Who knows what the future holds?

@JERRYZ has nothing to prove. If one took his advice 6 years ago, one would have received a 31% annualized return over 6 years. That's undeniable objective FACT, and fully documented here.

JERRYZ, LARRYH, Scott98 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Tesla has always had quality issues. Used to be passable when they had amazing service, but now that their service is in the crapper to it's a much bigger issue. Most folks are still in their 'honeymoon' period with their Teslas though so they'll be more forgiving. If Tesla doesn't improve quickly though they'll be stuck with a reputation like Fiat and Alfa that will be nearly impossible to come back from.

That being said how meaningful is that survey? I mean nobody goes and says I want a nice reliable car, let me get a Dodge, Kia or a Chevy.

Dom, JERRYZ and technom3 like this.
  6. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    JD Power Survey complaints

Paint defects
    Poorly fitting body panels
    Hard to open trunks and hoods
    Excessive wind noise
    Squeaks and rattles

technom3 likes this.
  7. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Yikes! Good thing they don't have switches ...

Nospinzone likes this.
  8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #1134 paulchua, Jun 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    When it comes to defects, bugs, and gremlins, Tesla are just like computer software.

It's very true if you want a car that's reliable, stick with Toyota erh, I meant Dodge and Kia.

technom3 likes this.
  9. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    JD Power releases two surveys, initial quality, and long term. That said, Tesla still suffers from lots of defects, especially given the price premium.

The reason to get a Tesla is if you want to melt you face acceleration faster than most exotics, wish the latest technological gizmos and doo-dads, want to save money (your work provides free charging.)

Reliability is something I would stick with Toyota.

rob lay likes this.
  10. Natkingcolebasket69

Still what does anything here have to do with the stock? Jerry bought the stock and made bank.
    U guys don’t like Tesla’s? I don’t either but when I see the build quality of my wife’s Escalade, my FF or anything not named Toyota every Cara have issues.

paulchua likes this.
  11. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I'm still kicking myself for not investing in Domino's a decade ago. They re-did their pizza, which I actually liked (please don't hate me for saying that, lol). It's gone up 100x...

paulchua and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I got nothing bad to say about Domino's

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  13. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    I don’t care what that says. I have owned dozens of cars and Toyota’s rock...

They were usually top 3, but they changed the methodology of the survey this year. Read an article somewhere that the results are completely spurious against Toyota...

ShineKen and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  14. Natkingcolebasket69

Toyota>dodge every day!

15. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Did anyone notice that the OP @JERRYZ of this thread isn't a "subscribed" member???

When the thread moved to B&I, @JERRYZ, and a lot of others that have posted on the thread got locked out.

paulchua and Scott98 like this.
  16. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Toyota is making some kick ass cars. Doesn’t look like ass either.

17. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    My next car will be a Lexus. Basically a fancy Toyota...

I will take reliability over multicolor interior LED lights any day...

Natkingcolebasket69 and technom3 like this.
  18. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    But not to build quality.

19. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Yu Auburn cord duesenberg Studebaker Packard Oldsmobile plymouth... All worth something. Lol.

20. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    +1. Though Jerryz has made enough money on TSLA to afford the $15 subscription fee.

BMW.SauberF1Team, BOKE and davem like this.
  21. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    believe it or not it is changing. The tacomas have always been amazingly reliable but the launch of the most recent truck was a disaster. They have had transmission issues... which a toyota with a transmission issue is almost nonexistent

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  22. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Wife's Toyota Sienna AWD just had tranny replaced, now the rear diff is whining.... Luckily Googling found that it's a $50 part that can be replaced vs 3k at dealer

23. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Yup. It's crazy. Toyota the car as reliable as a hammer is showing a few chinks in it's armor.

24. Kruegmeister

Kruegmeister Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
    Notice that many of the more expensive cars like Mercedes are high on the list???
    Because those people are more likely to Complain on a higher dollar Car, or cannot figure out how to use their car.
    I read Mercedes gets a lot of "initial" complaints because people cannot figure out how to operate the cars features.
    My Tesla P100D has had to be rebooted twice (only problems I've had), but it is way better than my Wifes last car (Cadillac XT5)
    Her XT5 was a nightmare...
    Clunking Transmission when pressing releasing gas pedal (Service said nothing wrong)
    Blind side Monitors would occasionally show the Driver side going off with nothing there while a Semi on the right was not detected???
    Place hands on wheel message when I've got hands at 10 & 2 (Do you want a 3rd hand??? I'm in the Lane & your not equipped with Self Driving???
    Parking Brake holding on mild drive way incline, requiring enough gas to Lunge in Reverse.
    "Hold Button" to shift from park... I am holding the button! Who thought it was necessary to "redesign the shifter" that has been in cars (problem free) for years....

My F355 & F430 both have many quirks & have had their fair share of repairs, so I am used to putting up with Small things.
    My 2014 Vette would shut off the Gas Pump even after Filler Neck Recall fix (usually had to hold gas nozzle almost upside down & throttle gas delivery)
    No other problems with that car.
    My 2012 Camaro SS had the HUD replaced & currently has a Throttle Position problem in Winters (Son bought that from me)

I've never had a complaint on a JD power "initial quality" survey, its all the Crap that busts 3 months after that Survey goes out that I worry about...
    & how the heck did Dodge suddenly become the highest quality car??? LOL