458 - What's a fair (pandemic) offer for this car? | Page 8 | FerrariChat

458 What's a fair (pandemic) offer for this car?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ModerateMike, Apr 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

None. I have been working with their marketing manager for the last two months looking and test-driving some Calis.

2. ModerateMike

ModerateMike Rookie

Jul 21, 2017
    NC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I agree with that 10%

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    just 10%? lol

BLAMPEE likes this.
  4. BLAMPEE

well this is interesting.....

Stopped by FoS to check things outs for the second time this week. Haha

noticed they had a white 458 on their lot that wasn’t there three days ago.

I haven’t actually driven a 458 (owned a 355 Spider F1 from 2008-2012)....so I ask to drive it.

it was purchased from a non-related P dealer. 15k miles but beat....

So yeah...I finally drove a 458 Spider and holy God! I am in love!!!!

my guy there knows I like the grey 458 they have on consignment and without even making an offer he says he would split the difference between the $220k grey 458 and the $190k beat up white one I just drove.
    So that’s a $205k offer from THE DEALER....

Hmm....I’m getting close here.

They did full clear-bra and ceramic coating on the grey one in feb 2020, btw so it is literally ready to drive....

I would like to be down below $205k so hmm.....

5. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    #180 IloveGT, Jun 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    see they are desperate! I told you. If they offer 205 without you asking with the initial asking of 220, I will walk in and sit down and say 195k. If they say no, and get up. The reality is that if they can drop 15k for the grey one without you asking, what do you think they will drop for the white one? so their usage of not giving you 195k for the grey one due to the asking of 190k for the white one is not valid.

All in all, if the grey one is the one you will spec yourself, don't lose the opportunity over 5 to 10k. Most gurus will agree with that.

is the car cpo? also they can always throw in a power warranty that sells between 4 to 5k. I like the full clear bra though, but from the seller perspective, we know that always could not be recouped just like the carbon fiber options

BLAMPEE likes this.
  6. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Don't walk away from the right car at the right time over a few thousand dollars ... buy the silverstone car and don't look back. You can always make a few grand later. It's beautiful. And it's right in your neighborhood, no shipping expense, potential transit damage, hassles, trusting a long-distance PPI, flights to look at the car at this moment in time, and then disappointment when you notice something in person if you didn't fly out to look it over first.

7. RazAtx

RazAtx Rookie

Oct 6, 2019
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Raza Haider
    I just bought a 2013 spider a month ago in argento nurburgring with racing seats and all the carbon fiber interior options that had10k miles on it. Paid just under 190k. Did not negotiate much at all

8. BLAMPEE

#183 BLAMPEE, Jun 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    Car has Power Warranty til 2/2022 already.

I really want Bianco Avus/Italia/Fuji (458 Spider or Cali) over Red interior but it seems that is a unicorn with the specs that I want.

This grey/cuoio one is my second choice of color combo exactly down to the yellow calipers....but it does NOT have the Lifter or HiFi Stereo. But it has the one thing I care about more than anything--it looks brand new inside and out.....car was just ceramic coated in Feb at the dealer and has a 5yr warranty on it, brand new tires, brake pads, basically a 1-owner NO-STORIES local car......so those things should trump color choice. The Grigio Silverstone really shows the 458 curves well, IMO.

So....I think you might be right...

I was quoted 4.14% for 84 months through my credit union but might finance through the dealer as part of the purchase if they would come down a little more on the selling price....

Hmm....I have some stuff to think about this week!!!!!!

With as hot as the 458 market is I figured this would have sold within a few days of being listed.....so IDK.....

9. BLAMPEE

Car is being shipped to another state for registration......;)

Will most likely drive it home down the Coastal HWY for an epic road trip/intro to her!

10. BLAMPEE

PP or dealer?

You did not negotiate? or the dealer didn't want to negotiate?

11. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    If you are going to refinance, just refi with ferrari financial service, it wont show up in your credit report or liability. Also I would use that as leverage, and say if you give me this price, i will finance with you, but the terms have to be the same. That is a good incentive for the dealer when they are also the one to finance.

Buy the damn car now! Don't think too much.

Good car really can just disappear like that in a matter of hours. Ask how we know.

Gh21631 and BLAMPEE like this.
  12. RazAtx

RazAtx Rookie

Oct 6, 2019
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Raza Haider
    Lol...well said. Was at a dealer (reputable high end one but not ferrari) and thought it was a decent enough price and it made me go weak in my knees so I lost all my usual negotiating prowess. :)

BLAMPEE likes this.
  13. BLAMPEE

FFS is offering 2.99 for 60 and 4.99 for 84. (payment at 60months is more than I am comfortable with, though so I need 84 months)

I inquired about that! :)

Do you think they would be able to match my CU through FFS, though?

14. BLAMPEE

If this exact car and history was on a white over red I would pay asking, sadly. :(

15. pizzadude

pizzadude Formula 3

Feb 20, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    I hear dealers say a lot of times, something along the line of “well everything is transparent now so the price we have listed it online is pretty much the low price”
    Etc etc.

16. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    White/red seems to be pretty plentiful. I searched forever for my perfect spec and I’m glad I did. Saw many white/red, not like corsa/tan but certainly not super super rare. You may want to wait for the right car to come along. Or if immediacy is important, the gray is great.

17. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    actually power warranty is renewable each year after the 4th and 5th bumper to bumper extended warranty. When you say a warranty expires in 2022, that is the free annual maintenance for 7 years. For a 2014 car, the year of 2022 sounds right. You will have to buy a extended warranty for each year if you wanted to.

18. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Yup they love to say it until they learn about you. I just bought a 4c. Miller had one and wanted MSRP. I asked him if I can have a nearly new pista below asking, why should I buy a tiny Alfa at MSRP? He had no idea about my car porfolio until it is too late, he was arrogant and clueless.

Who cares what they say, the value of the car is always what the customers are willing to pay for. Hell, @dustman might have just bought this one as his 4th one. I pinged him. He may have a good idea on this grey spider. Let's see what he says.

19. BLAMPEE

No, the previous owner who bought this in Feb 2020 and put a whopping 300 miles on it bought the 2year Power Warranty with the purchase and it is transferable to the next owner.

7-year maintenance expires 12/13/2020

Car has also been stored in a private air-conditioned facility here in PHX by both owners since Day 1, as well.

20. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    hey pretty good deal then

21. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    You did the right thing. When the right car is staring you in the face you know it. Good for you and congratulations on your choice.

IloveGT likes this.
  22. BLAMPEE

I have spent probably 30 minutes in and out of this grey 458.

I do NOT have that "need it right now" feeling. ugh....I think I need a white one.

The only car I have considered these past few months that made me sad when it sold was a white/red Cali T with 10k miles. I wasn't ready to commit and I can't stop thinking about it.

Attached Files:

23. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I see. no need to rush then.
    Good luck in your search.
    The grigio silverstone is very nice spec and with full ppf and power warranty at 200, it is a very good deal, if the cars history and PPI checks out.

But hey I like brunette, never got too interested in blonde. If you like white on red, then search on.

BLAMPEE likes this.