Two late year 612 one-off's - any more info? | FerrariChat

Two late year 612 one-off's - any more info?

Discussion in '612/599' started by ThunderRolls, Jun 23, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ThunderRolls

ThunderRolls Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2010
    Deep South
    In researching VIN numbers through the VIN Book and supplements, I ran across two apparent one-off versions, and can't seem to find further information on the board or on the internet. Any help would be appreciated.

As a little side jaunt, I'm compiling the VIN numbers for each year, with additional information found in other media. For example, I have identified the chassis numbers for 2010 models, and which were designated US models. I had incorrectly assumed that more models were produced in the world, but actually there were less produced worldwide than for the US market. Hopefully, I can give a rundown here on the boards later when I am finished. I've also been able to identify manuals in earlier years, those a part of the recall, Sessanta models, etc, with corresponding photos.

Here are the consecutive chassis numbers and info from the VIN book supplement 3/4 that I am asking for help with:

169392 2010 UK RHD Grigio titanio/brown, Sheilds in HK - Was this model designated for Hong Kong, and if so was it for a special event or customer? The full VIN is shown in the book with UK designations.

169393 2009 EU LHD Frankfurt motor car show grigio titanio/beige - The VIN in the book only shows the chassis number, so I can't tell if it was an EU build or not. This appears to be for the car show in 2009 as the VIN book gives it a 2009 date. However the chassis number falls after seven 2010 models were made designated for the US. Sounds like there may be a story behind the show car's build and display.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

of2worlds, donv and MRY like this.
  2. Titobandito

Titobandito Karting

May 26, 2019
    Switzerland
    I cannot answer your question, but I'm happy to provide VIN/chassis number details on my car for your efforts in building a database

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    European Ferraris do not go by model year. Some countries go by first registration date and some by year of manufacture. So it is entirely logical to have 2009 Euro Ferraris on the assembly line at the same time as US MY 2010 Ferraris built in late 2009.

4. ThunderRolls

Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2010
    Deep South
    Thanks Terry. I'm more interested in whether there is more information these show cars. There is another 2009 show car for Geneva:

166547 2009 EU LHD Geneva motor show car grey met / grey

5. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    PM Marcel Massini, he'll know.

6. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  7. ThunderRolls

Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2010
    Deep South
    Thanks Marcel! Anything on the 2010 show car or the one that went to HK?

8. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Please put that "book" straight into the bin or into the fireplace. And in the future stay away from such "paperwork".

Marcel Massini

9. ThunderRolls

Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2010
    Deep South
    Heh. Absent Ferrari putting out good production information, I'll just have to use this worthless data a little longer. So far the VINs and descriptors match other information and photos like yours. I have the rest of the 2008 show pics for the car and the ladies in the booth, so I didn't ask about that one. Do you have "correct" info for the Frankfurt show car or the purported Hong Kong delivered car?