488 Pista Carbon Fiber Trunk Options | FerrariChat

488 Pista Carbon Fiber Trunk Options

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Rossocorsa1, May 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Has anyone chosen or planning on choosing these two options? I don't see them in the personalization packet but the first one was on the silver launch car in Geneva.

CIZB trunk liner (zona baule anteriore in carbonio)
    CITR this is the trunk itself (vasca baule in carbonio)

2. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Is the weight loss for these two options important enough to some? I’m sure these will be pricey options.

3. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    I can understand carbon for the engine bay if your a lover of carbon, You get to see it. But up front really how many times are you going to open the hood ?
    The top would look good but ild leave carpet on the inner. Its going to get scuffed when you add items.

4. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

I would agree. I think this is primarily for those obsessed with making the car as light as possible and less to do with aesthetics.

5. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Sometimes you just want to see all the CF. I think that's really what it's about. I doubt the difference in weight is material. I would order it solely for aesthetic reasons. :)

6. m3the01

m3the01 Rookie

Aug 5, 2009
    Hampton, NH
    Ferrari has always had a lack of CF, besides the hypercars, it completes the package... Leaving something out just seems wrong. However, certain things make sense, like interior, do it all, but exterior some things just don't work well like the rear inlet vents... To each their own though.

7. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    I choose CIZB as posted on my thread because the lips between bonnet and windshield normally is in black plastic
    Viceversa with this options is becoming carbon and it looks fabulous.....but still i don’t know the price

Inside the trunk is better carpet, I agree

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  8. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    This lip is black plastic if you add stripes or painted in same color of body without stripes

As they explained me it is just for aesthetic reasons. If the painted this lip in body color with stripes option, the stripes will come to close to the windshield and the overall looking wasn’t nice!!

So remember
    - with stripe black plastic lip, with option CIZB in carbon
    - without stripe lip painted in body color

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  9. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Interesting. Another question I’ll need to find out is if it’s only in matt carbon fiber or glossy as well. The reveal car shows it in matt.

10. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    I am constantly stunned how 'in the know' you guys are about these little details. Well done.

11. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
  12. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    if I remember well if you go with no stripes having this lip painted is an option.....I saw somewhere but I am not able to find right now
    may be I will ask

13. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    me too, same question in mind.....today I talked with TM but I forgot to ask:(
    I will:D

14. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Interesting. I configured my Pista yesterday and neither of these two carbon fiber options were available on the configurator. They aren’t indicated in the personalization programme either.

15. ferr9000

ferr9000 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    Full Name:
    SFF
    You can order this options.
    If I remember good it saves 3 kg selecting carbon fiber.
    But is an option that is still under study, so if you select it for sure your build would take more time.
    Congrats for your Pista!

Shadowfax likes this.
  16. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    in the dealer configurator and personalization programme brochure this option is still not available
    they offered me during TM configuration
    tomorrow I will receive the price and hopefully also the option code....I will share

17. ferr9000

ferr9000 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    Full Name:
    SFF
    Big congrats for your Pista.

18. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Thanks. Are you a US customer? Still don’t have US base and options pricing yet. Please share if you get it.

19. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    no sorry, EU

I really don't understand how is possible that in the US still you didn't get prices!!
    In EU we got it almost two months ago!

20. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    CITR - carbon fibre boot tank

Checking in to see if anyone with this option on the Pista? How does it look and is there any way to protect the cf from scratching?