Tubi or Larini? | FerrariChat

Tubi or Larini?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Chris Mondi, Jun 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chris Mondi

Chris Mondi Rookie

Oct 30, 2018
    Full Name:
    Chris Riedinger
    #1 Chris Mondi, Jun 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    I’ve narrowed down my future exhaust system to Larini and Tubi. Thoughts from you guys appreciated?!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Save your money and look at PD Gough,, Called Nouvalari in the states. Where are you ? Good tone for a mondial

3. FerrariJB

FerrariJB Karting

Jun 8, 2019
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    FerrariJB
    I have a Tubi exhaust, QV 82. Amazing sound. It’s loud but beautiful to hear. And the look is good.

4. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I have Larini on my 84QV and I love the sound, it does give a little drone in the car but not too much. One other thing I like about Larini is that at around 4K to 5k rpm, it sound like the F360 and just gets louder as the rpm goes higher.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

spicedriver likes this.
  5. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Those loud exhaust ar'nt allowed in Belgium...so have to keep it original....

6. Wingnut

Wingnut Karting

Feb 11, 2005
    Corolla, NC
    My anemic stock muffler from the 1990 Mondial t is on a shelf in the garage, just in case I lose interest in the music my new Nouvalari exhaust creates.
    My Mondial has a great sound with this Nouvalari exhaust, but it is VERY loud at higher rpm's, a very Ferrari-like sound to me.
    BTW, the 1990 stock Mondial t muffler is really heavy, must weigh over 100 lbs, and did not make the car sound like a Ferrari.
    The Nouvalari is light in comparison, maybe 25 - 30 lbs. My guess is the Tubi and Larini are also light-weight SS exhaust systems.

JLF likes this.
  7. DocBasilone

DocBasilone Karting

Apr 15, 2020
    NW PA
    With my 1990 T i have Tubi exaust onthe way shipped 6/10/20. The next question is what to do with CATS hyperflow, leave OEM's or straight pipe??

8. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Straight pipe might be too loud but does sound glorious. I have hyperflows with my tubi (loud version). I love it but I wouldn’t want it any louder.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. DocBasilone

DocBasilone Karting

Apr 15, 2020
    NW PA
    spicedriver, FerrariJB and JLF like this.
  10. Mondi Cab

Mondi Cab Karting

Oct 9, 2019
    EU
    Full Name:
    J.Schulz
    I had straight pipes feeding my Tubi and indeed the sound was delicious to those that worship fine automobiles, but probably angered those that don't.
    For legal reasons I had to change back to cat's (200cell) and I'd say it is a good compromise. Still plenty of sound, but less head-turning (for both of the above groups that is).
    Whether it compromised performance I cannot tell, but probably that would be in the range of what an airfilter would do.

DocBasilone likes this.