Hello friends, a few CPO F12 questions | FerrariChat

Hello friends, a few CPO F12 questions

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by moorfan, Jun 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. moorfan

moorfan Formula Junior

May 11, 2009
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Hello everyone,
    My name is Pete and I am a former Ferrari owner. I authored the 550 Maranello sorting thread in the 456/550/575 forum some years ago.
    I have been looking to get into a F12 for at least 2 years now, been watching prices drop, seeing what cars are available, waiting to see what the achilles heels of the F12 may be (doesn't seem to be that many!)

I am currently looking at a few examples from authorized dealers that are listed as CPO. I have a couple of questions about that process:

1. When a car is listed as CPO, can one assume that the dealer's asking price already figures in the extended warranty coverage? It is not clear; in some ads it says the car is "eligible" for warranty coverage.

2. How long is the CPO coverage? The Ferrari CPO narrative says "a minimum of 12 months" but I have seen several of you mention the "2 year" figure on this site.

Thanks for any and all input...I hope to join your community soon.

Regards,
    Pete

2. Terrence

Terrence Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2004
    Hawaii/LA
    Full Name:
    Terrence
    Usually, CPO just means the car is eligible for you to purchase the Power Warranty.

It is sold on a per-year basis.

3. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    Yes it means it has passed a rigorous inspection that costs roughly 900.

You must purchase warranty separately. I think they give a slight discount if you buy 2 years up front.

4. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    What i have to say some dealers you pay to have it cpo and other dealers sell it to you and it is a cpo car.

5. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    i bought a cpo 458 which only made it available to purchase the warranty (for another $3k)

6. moorfan

moorfan Formula Junior

May 11, 2009
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Thank you all for the great information, it appears everyone agrees.

7. diplo526

diplo526 Karting

Jun 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    Sundip Kumar
    warranty for 2 years on the car I just bought was 5700...not sure if that helps your search but felt like it was necessary for peace of mind up front.

8. kev360

kev360 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2006
    I have bought several cars from Ferrari of Houston. When they are listed as CPO then it comes with the 2 year CPO. They don’t play games of listing cars as CPO and then charging you for it later. I looked at a car at Atlanta that was listed as a CPO and when I asked they said that it is but costs extra. That’s pretty cheesy IMHO. That’s why I think FoH is the best.

johnr265 and Texas Forever like this.
  9. Tooly

Tooly Rookie

Jun 5, 2006
    vista, ca
    Full Name:
    sean toulon
    I just bought a CPO 2013 F12 from Ferrari of Houston. Came with the 2 year warranty as well. A great purchasing experience!

Texas Forever likes this.
  10. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    One thing that may not be common knowledge is, if you buy a CPO eligible car and pay for one year of warranty, the second year is free. Not sure if it's always been that way but that seems to be the deal Maranello is giving dealers as of late. Some dealers use it as a bargaining chip but the second year doesn't cost them extra (the first I believe does).

To your original question, I agree with others as above. If the ad states "includes two years of warranty", then you should expect the price covers it. If "CPO" or "CPO eligible", then usually extra. If not stated, ask but assume not included.

ryalex likes this.