812 VS Rumors | Page 76 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    That is down to testing procedure and process I would guess. It is that level under certain conditions.

2. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I believe it is for modified cars that are outside of their normal range so if it is as it left the factory it should be OK

3. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Well, it has to be. However isn't the new regulation said to measure the car always in its loudest setting, so it basically is never allowed to exceed the 75dB whatsoever?

4. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    That’s my understanding as well hence the confusion

5. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    Day 365, who always seems to know things before everyone else, mentioned that 2023 will be the last year of decent sounding v12’s. I would tend to believe him.

Just like everything else, I’m guessing there are loopholes to exploit and fines that Ferrari can pay to exceed the limits in the near term. I assume that after 2023, they will no longer be able to do this.

I can’t wait to see what they’ve come up with for the VS. Could very well end up being one of last great sounding F cars.

Caeruleus11 and 9nb like this.
  6. montpellier

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I gave the link to the regulation.

7. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    So that means the VS will be the last good sounding V12 since the 812 replacement isn’t likely to arrive before 2022 and its cycle should last a few years and well past 2023

8. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    In fact the last best sounding V12 might just be the 812(pre GPF) since the VS will probably have a GPF

of2worlds, Caeruleus11, Shack and 3 others like this.
  9. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    I think he said we should be patient and wait until after 2023 because something gets revealed (I assume F167) by then.

ferrarifanatic25 likes this.
  10. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Extremely complex and detailed document I went through quickly it seems for testing they are allowed to test under automatic drive mode where therefore gear changes are the fastest hence not the loudest and under certain speed constraints at about 45 km/h which are meant to simulate urban driving conditions? Under the above conditions it’s clear they can be under the limit during testing and the loud setting when the car is not under automatic and at very high rev where the car is the loudest aren’t tested and therefore don’t make the car to fail to pass. Am I right or am I saying complete BS?

PTG1 likes this.
  11. montpellier

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yes, it is always complex , many conditions and strange set up, as it in theory has to be repeatable but does not cover all scenarios. I think your reading is pretty good, meaning they will probably play with valves and things at lower speed/load. Though getting to 85000 rpm on the road is pretty rare ! So a more muted car at "normal" conditions.

12. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    So it might still sound ok (though more muted than the GTS) when you push the car and open valves... it will undoubtedly be much more muted at low/mid rpm.

13. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    That's what the SA said today, the future V12 will be smaller and noise regs for Europe will kick in.

14. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
  15. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Nicely done, but jeez these guys do say some of the dumbest things...like...”the machine is going to do what the machine is going to do...”
    Yep...try telling that to the cop....:)

stavura, wrs, Maloja and 2 others like this.
  16. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Hopefully the technology for the lower noise regulations will be fitted mostly to the exhaust. This is a good opportunity for Ferrari to offer an OEM "sport" exhaust at an astronomical price that would appeal to most people living around the world without insane restrictions. Kind of a win-win for them, as nobody will tolerate that soft of a Ferrari that doesn't have to.

ferrarifanatic25 likes this.
  17. Maloja

Maloja Karting

Oct 19, 2016
    I have not seen this guy presenting before - what a cool review he has done on that car.

Makes me want to take the key and hit the road right now. I am honored and thankful to have one of that dying species in my garage!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

stavura, of2worlds, gzachary and 7 others like this.
  18. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    What a video... wow.. this is why we love that car and the v12...what a car and dream

Maloja likes this.
  19. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    A great video everything he says js so true and it makes you realise why you love those cars and the reason you choose to buy them and have them part of your life. It is probably the best video i’ve seen on the 812 so far from someone who truly appreciate what those cars are. The last time I watched another great video was a couple of years ago Henry Catchpole ( then working for EVO magazine) did a video test driving and comparing the Aventador, Aston Vanquish and F12 in the Dolomites. Another video which I still enjoy watching today.

gzachary and maxemus like this.
  20. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    Thanks for posting. Missed this one on the YouTube circuit of monitoring. Artistic and inspirational. Wish more were planned like this and well constructed. Makes you feel the soul of the vehicle.

stavura, uhn2000, Maloja and 3 others like this.
  21. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    #1896 SirPouyan, Jun 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    The VS's first pass is at slower speed so hard to tell. On the second and third passes, where the VS is coming into the hairpin at full speed, the VS body roll looks slightly better in the hairpin but same in the second curve.

Or maybe VS is not coming into hairpin at full speed on the second and third passes? On both the second and third run, there are only three VS downshifts approaching hairpin, versus four for the non-VS.

22. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    It doesn’t look like the 2 cars were doing the same speed through that section so I don’t think the observations about pitch & roll are valid.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

23. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    The best sounding V12 is the one in the 599 GTO before direct injection made its debut.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

24. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    100 percent! Love mine, but this VS is very intriguing.

Caeruleus11, of2worlds and Bundy like this.
  25. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I reckon the 812 in that video has a GPF. It sounds identical to my car, which is a UK car built at the turn of the year and delivered in February. I don’t know for certain it has a GPF but the video makes me think it does because the Ferrari UK press car almost certainly does (the Rosso Dino car is brand new - never seen a UK press 812 in that spec before) and the registration confirms it is the UK press car. And if it does, we have NO worries about sound. It sounds better than Pista, Lusso, Speciale, as good and (can’t believe I’m saying this, probably even better than) the latest GT3RS. It is a wonderful sounding car. Don’t know about the VS but the GTS will be out-of-the-park great based on my car.

LMH, of2worlds and JagShergill like this.