Wanted - Blue F12 | FerrariChat

Wanted Blue F12

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by SCantera, Jun 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    I am searching for an F12 in Blu Pozzi....possibly TDF or other blue exterior. Interior needs to be cuoio or natural...no browns please. May consider interesting gray or deep red but definitely not rosso corsa or any nero version. I have one black car and don't want another. Options wanted include LED driving zone, stitching, horsey headrest, leather shelf and maybe a few others. Mileage needs to be 15k our under. Later years preferred but has to be 2014 or newer.

Am I asking too much?????

rampante550 and Texas Forever like this.
  2. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    there was one on ebay last week....sounds like you would like the one ebay

3. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    The 2014 TDF car? It did have a nice options combo. If it’s the same car the asking price was $250k. Too high for a 2014.

4. bagelboy

bagelboy Karting

Apr 18, 2016
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Henry D.
    Call Ferrari of Central Jersey and speak to Pat Cianci. He has the exact car your looking for.

Sent from my SM-G988U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  5. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Thank you. The car is on my short list. There is another in Charlotte McLaren but the car does not have some of the options I want.

6. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    i really like the one that is on autotrader out of atlanta. has about 14k on it but love the spec

gmo28 likes this.
  7. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    And that’s another of the F12s in my short list.

gmo28 likes this.
  8. DaveMc

DaveMc Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Palm Coast, Florida
    I think that Atlanta car has a weird spec. CF on the steering wheel, central bridge and console, but not the dash? Huh? Never saw that before. IMO, you're better off with my car (listed here), if you like the darker red F12's.

9. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    The pictures online are note representative. I saw a TDF F12 and it really popped with those wheels.

The CF drivers zone some consider a must have but the inserts not so much. Again those pictures are not representative as the color is very off.

There’s a thread recently on an Algar car I think that was Blu Abu Dhabi that was incredible in person. We don’t see the blues as much but in Pozzi, BAD, TDF and for me Blu LeMans, it is a standout.

Every time I drive my F12 I think I could never sell this car ever......

Drive it well.

ScottS

10. vroom

vroom Karting

Sep 9, 2007
    Pasadena
    The one from McLaren looks very nice, have you seen it? Does it have front lift? Condition?

11. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    I actually made an offer on the F12 at Charlotte McLaren. After they dropped the price $9k to 209,900 I called and made the offer. Initially I offered $200k figuring they would meet me halfway at $205k. Nope. I upped my offer to $206k. Nope. Then $208k. Nope. They wanted full ask at $209,900. Then I said Nope....no thanks.

The car has very minimal options. No carbon fiber driving zone. No lift. No cameras....etc. It's a very basic car.

Actually I am glad they didn't accept my last offer. I can wait for the right car at the right price. As they say....things happen for a reason.

12. DaveMc

DaveMc Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Palm Coast, Florida
    IMO, the lift option is not that necessary. My Maserati is 8 years old, 25K miles and has the same front height as my F12. I have never found not having a lift on either car to be a problem. I guess the only time it would be necessary is if you had a steep driveway?

13. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    sounds like they are a bit stubborn. every buyer ever wants a discount off the asking price. If they wanted $209 they should have listed it at $215. I agree its lightly optioned and has a "unique" interior. I hear you on the relief that they didn't take an offer and have been there myself where you miss out on a car only to find the one you really want. Hang in there!

SCantera likes this.
  14. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    LOL....do I have a steep driveway? When a newby comes to the driveway off of the road they stop at the top and freeze when they can't see over the hood how fast the driveway drops down and left. One couple came and the wife got out of the car and refused to ride with her husband down the drop. The reality is that it's more perception than reality. And when I had that section paved I very carefully worked with the paving contractor to avoid front end clearance issues. My Boxer will be the true test but I think it will be okay when I ship it out of FL.

Having a suspension lifter is not a "must" for the right car. Nice to have but not a requirement for me.

15. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    The salesman told me the car is on consignment. And his sales manager is a friend of the car owner. I prefer negotiating directly with an owner rather than a consignment through a dealer. The price drop had just occurred when I made my offer. The manager probably thought he could get me to pay full price after I raised my bid more than once. This is the nature of some sales managers. Go for everything you can get and if you don't move on to the next. If it's on the market much longer my bid will probably be higher than the selling price. But it's no skin off the dealer. They get paid a percentage of the sales price. If the price is $5k less than mine the dealer only loses a couple of hundred bucks. If I were a betting man I think they will end up selling the car for less than I offered.

Used car salesmen.....fun and games.

arizonaitalian and Texas Forever like this.
  16. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    It took me over six months to buy my Maranello in 2003. I think it started at $160k. I paid $115k. The original owner paid $215K drove it 8,000 miles and sold it for $190k or so. Second owner drove it 800 miles and sold to me. I'm not 100% positive, but the second owner may of had a minor role in the Enron case. Timing is everything.

Oh, I drove the car another 20,000 miles and sold it in 2008 for $75k after putting at least $30k out of pocket into the car. Damn car cost me over $3.5 a mile. Loved driving it, though. Like somebody once told me, "If you wanna run with the big dogs, you gotta lift your leg high."

17. Bthesixthree

Bthesixthree Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 18, 2013
    CA
    Full Name:
    B

Any interest in a 2016 "Pozzi Blue" F12 with 3,800 miles? $382,789 MSRP. Car is in San Diego.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

ryalex likes this.
  18. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
  19. Bthesixthree

Bthesixthree Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 18, 2013
    CA
    Full Name:
    B
    Not personally.. My neighbor here in SD purchased it new.

20. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Is your neighbor still obligated to having to pay a Seller fee to RM? His car was in a recent online auction held by RM.

21. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    I registered and was prepared to bid on that car but the bids were higher than I was willing to pay.

Bthesixthree likes this.
  22. vroom

vroom Karting

Sep 9, 2007
    Pasadena
    Was this for sale at symbolic before?

Bthesixthree likes this.
  23. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    I don't know. I first saw it on the RM Driving into summer auction held about a month ago. I want to thank Bthesixthree for reaching out to the owner on my behalf. We didn't reach a deal but it's worth posting his effort.

BLAMPEE and Bthesixthree like this.
  24. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

#24 Cigarzman, Jun 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    I would love to have heard that conversation with the consigner , “ oh by the way we had your + or - 209,000$ car sold for a grand less than what you were asking and passed “. That sales manager is some good friend , even a better one now. :eek:

arizonaitalian, BOKE, JAM1 and 2 others like this.
  25. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    But you are assuming the dealer would even tell the owner....it's doubtful there was any conversation between the two when I was negotiating. I really do think the sales manager thought he could get me to pay full ask. It costs the dealer little or nothing to keep the car as an attraction in his showroom and website. When the owner either pressures the dealer to "sell the damn car" or threatens to pull it from his store that car will get sold.

Still looking but have not found the right car. The one in San Diego has what I want but not the right price. I am in no hurry. Seems F12s are following the same path as 599 respecting market value. Some are breaking below the $200k bar. While F12s may not get to the low 100s like 599s I do think they will drop to the mid 100s in the next year or so. I know if I find the right one now it will still depreciate a significant amount.

Last week I flew to FL for business. Drove my 599 for the first time in a couple of months. She is sweet!! So it's not like I don't have anything to drive. I don't need an F12...nor an SA nor a BB....oh never mind..... Image Unavailable, Please Login

LARRYH and jimshadow like this.