Small Custom Project - Dead pedal Kick Plate | FerrariChat

Small Custom Project - Dead pedal Kick Plate

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Albert Penello, Jun 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Albert Penello

Albert Penello Karting

Jul 21, 2019
    Woodinviille, WA
    Full Name:
    Albert J Penello, Jr.
    Just wanted to share a little project I just finished which has proven to make the driving experience a lot better.

My car was missing the rubber dead pedal, so I got an aluminum one when I ordered my custom pedal set.

Problem is, as we all know this area is VERY tight next to the clutch, and with my big feet and years of rubbing the carpet was getting very worn where the edge of the dead pedal is glued down. This was causing my shoe to grab and make clutch engagement really a chore.

Looking at other Ferraris (as well as what they do on the Driver's side center console to solve this problem), I designed a small kick plate that wraps around the dead pedal mounting area and covers the carpet on the side. I had a friend cut and bend it out of aluminum, and I polished the leading edge, and used some texture paint on the pedal side.

I used the dead pedal screws to sandwich the plate when it was bolted in. It now prevents the carpet from bunching up in this area and I think it looks factory correct since there is a similar polished piece against the accelerator pedal for the same reason.

OH MAN what a difference this makes! The smooth rounded edge guides your foot onto the clutch and no worries about getting your shoe caught up in carpet! It makes clutch movement so much better now since your foot is guided along the side. Even if you don't catch the full pedal the kick plate will keep your foot from getting caught.

Anyway, I thought I would share this in case anyone wanted to do something similar. It's a very, very easy mod to make.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Qavion, Stef65 and BillyD like this.
  2. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
  3. Cadillacbart

Cadillacbart Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Nice idea. I have the same problem with the carpet beginning to fray there. I like your solution.

4. 350HPMondial

350HPMondial F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 1, 2002
    18 mi from the surf,, close to Pismo, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwardo
    ok...
    , I just ,, “reassembled ,”,,,
    my Mondial, footwell.
    see