2015 to 2017 Macan S | FerrariChat

2015 to 2017 Macan S

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by leeber, Apr 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. leeber

leeber Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    Im in the market for a daily driver and considering a Macan S in trying to keep to a targeted budget. Hopefully one coming off lease with low mileage driven by an FChatter will find its way to me. Are there any significant changes in the 3-4-5 year old model years that should raise awareness?

2. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    I have been following the Macan S market as well. In 2017 Apple Car Play became available but you need to find one equipped with the Porsche Connect Plus package. Also in 17 Front and rear parking assist and lane departure warning became standard.

leeber likes this.
  3. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010
    Vinanalytics dot com is a great resource for checking what options specific cars have

tfazio likes this.
  4. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    As budget is a concern, even the base Macan is a great car and in fact gets more praise than the S due to its lighter 4 cylinder engine contributing to improved driving dynamics. Otherwise, the GTS should hold value better and is also exciting to drive. The S and TT don't get that much love.

leeber likes this.
  5. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Do the S, it's a fantastic drive. I was given a 4cyl as a loaner and it, well... drove like a 4 cylinder. I couldn't wait to give it back.

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Yes, dont do the 4 if you love cars at all. They sound like **** whereas even the S sounds pretty good for an SUV. Neighbor has one and everytime she cold starts it, it makes me want to get one for my wife.

7. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    I'm surprised. Pete Stout of 000 has been quite complimentary. I have heard the Macan compared to a hot hatch numerous times.

8. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Looking at picking up one of these CPO, as well. I agree that the 4 doesn't sound as good as the S, especially that nice bark the S has when you start it up, but driving a 4 as a loaner when I had my last S it felt very comparable to the S on the street, did not notice any lack of power, etc. But I always have a sports car for when I want to drive with some spirit, the Macan is more of an errand runner and bad weather ride for me.

The trouble with the 17 is you also had to subscribe to Porsche Connect at the time. That didn't seem worth it to me at the time just for CarPlay, so I 2-year leased a 16 instead. Might be different now, not sure.

9. leeber

leeber Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    i hear the 2016's have a problem with the timing chain gasket cover and a leak from the transfer case. Those two fixes can be around $11k combined. Is that true, false, or depends? But I am loving a 2016 Macan S that I found for sale with 20k miles.

10. Jorligan

Jorligan Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 23, 2007
    Dexter, MI
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Have a 15 TT bought new, no issues with 80K miles. Wife's daily driver and she loves it. Only complaint is no Apple Carplay which will be remedied soon.

11. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I had a 2016 Cayenne and the transfer case went. I know it's common for Cayennes of that era, but didn't know it effected the Macan.

12. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Same case.... also Touareg, Audi, etc., I was told.

13. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    A friend of mine has a gts he would part with for what I feel is a good deal. It's white with a black interior and red seats. Really sharp car.

14. leeber

leeber Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    that is a great combo of colors. agree.