430 - 430 Scud intake script | FerrariChat

430 430 Scud intake script

Discussion in '360/430' started by DeTomasoGTS74, Jun 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DeTomasoGTS74

DeTomasoGTS74 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Eric
    The Scud I just purchased was missing one of the Ferrari intake scripts (right side). A quick forum search shows this is unfortunately common.

The script that came has 7 small pegs (one per letter) on the back, 5 of which have a mushroom type end and two with external threads. Looking at the intake, it appears that Image Unavailable, Please Login it was previously glued and there are not enough holes in the intake to fit my new script without creating new holes in the CF intake.

Has anyone come across this? I’m almost wondering if it’s a multi use piece as no nuts came for the threads and there are more pegs than holes. Only way I could see you making it fit is taking an angle grinder to illuminate the pegs that don’t have holes.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. Stephen Ayers

Stephen Ayers Rookie

Jan 21, 2018
    Bay Area, Northern California
    Full Name:
    Stephen Ayers
    I've had a similar issue. Except mine fell off while driving and is lost.

Does anyone know of a replacement source? I assume the dealer would want to sell me an entire intake system...

Thanks

3. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Is that plastic or metal? You can just use some snips to get rid of the extra dowels. Then just use a epoxy or some thin 3m tape.

4. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The one with the dowels is for the earlier Challenge intake. From memory Ferrari discontinued one - possibly the Scud version.