Is This a Real or Fake Ferrari Watch? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Is This a Real or Fake Ferrari Watch?

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by blainewest, Dec 24, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #51 ylshih, Dec 7, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  2. John Repass

John Repass Rookie

Aug 18, 2019
    Roanoke, VA
    Full Name:
    John S Repass
    Thanks so much for your reply and the information. There is a serial number on the back. The alligator style leather band appears to be original with the Ferrari lettering on the latching mechanism and very little wear. I don’t believe my late brother wore it much. He was a collector of Ferrari memorabilia, he made a living buying and selling Ferrari stuff and watches. Unfortunately he suffered from dementia at the end of his life and I never learned the history of this watch. Thanks again for the help. John Repass

3. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
    Hello John
    I remember seeing Fred's adverts for Ferrari watches and memorabilia. He struck me as a knowledgeable person, and certainly not a person who would deal in fake watches. You can be assured that the watch is real. Also, I am not aware of these watches ever being copied.
    Nathan

4. joel milhazes

joel milhazes Rookie

Jun 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    joel fernando da silva milhazes
    hello, i hope that if is any one able to identify if this watch is or not a Ferrari, i did try to do a search online to see if i could find any reference at all on this watch but with no luck, the only thing i know about it is that it doesn't look like it have any serial number on the case back, this watch was bought by my father has a gift to my mother in the middle to late 1980's in Portugal, other detail of the watch is the fact that the week days are in both french and Portuguese.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. eelpie

eelpie Rookie

Oct 11, 2011
    I would say it is very unlikely your watch is in any way affiliated with the Ferrari marque.

When it was made in the late 60s or early 70s, small watch companies would pop up and have larger companies make their watches, and have those watches labeled any way the customer requested.

If it says Stainless Steel Back in stead of just Stainless Steel it is a very inexpensive item.

6. porphy

porphy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2009
    LouisvilleKY/Switzld
    Full Name:
    Randall Gatz
    Any good watchmaker in Switzerland could put it in working order. I guess. My next door neighbor is a retired Rolex watchmaker. If you want to send it.

7. mat.f430

mat.f430 Rookie

Feb 9, 2013
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Mat
  8. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name: