488 Pista Values | Page 12 | FerrariChat

488 Pista Values

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by customryder, Nov 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Unfortunately, for those unfinished Pistas still sitting at plant,the customers are in for a big surprise when they receive their cars and realize they are worth less than they paid for. For the F8 buyers (glad I cancelled) if you receive one in 2021 you might be buying for more than prevailing prices on the used car market (for that year). There are a few already up for offers on the market.

2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    How many Pistas are sitting unfinished at the plant? and you know this how?

LARRYH and Gh21631 like this.
  3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    #278 Gh21631, Jun 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    If your concerned about depreciation you should stick to Toyota, the Tacoma in particular does really well.

chrixxx, Jo Sta7 and SoCal to az like this.
  4. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    #279 Art138, Jun 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    Exact number I don’t know but a dealer in Mex City,In my neck of the woods (south Florida) and others who have chimed in the the various threads affirm that that there were Pistas held from the shut down. My point is If you paid high MSRP and were at the tail end of the receiving range,you might might be hard pressed to get MSRP if one decided to sell with delivery miles. How do I know,I was the beneficiary of buying one below MSRP which the customer received January 15 of this year.

5. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    No I don’t agree, if you concerned about depreciation buy a McLaren,Hurucan, or,c8; money is fungible....the Pista is pure fun, and I bought it to enjoy it.

LARRYH, GoHardGT3RS and Avia11 like this.
  6. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Made to enjoy, not appreciate in value.
    Smiles for miles even if Pista loses $75k the first year probably worth it if you love the car.

LARRYH, GoHardGT3RS and 09Scuderia like this.
  7. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    I'm still status 40 and I'm still stoked.
    I know what I'm going to pay and I don't give a **** what the market value will be.
    The market didn't spec it and the market won't be driving it.
    That would be me.
    Driving in circles is the best way I know to turn money into noise.

8. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    So do you mean to tell me that when I buy a new car and drive it off the lot it is worth less than I paid. WOW what a newsflash. I’ve said it before, ALL cars depreciate and If anyone is buying a car to make or not lose money they will be in for a surprise. No disrespect but I don’t think anyone buying a new Pista is going to be surprised at all when their car depreciates. I know I wasn’t and like others have said I bought it to enjoy it. Life’s too short to worry about depreciation on a depreciating asset.

LARRYH and Gh21631 like this.
  9. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Buying a brand new car and finding its all of a sudden worth less than you paid for it is completely normal up until about 6 years ago. I for one certainly wouldn’t mind that normality returning. Speculation out of the market and drivers in.

LARRYH, ajr550 and chrixxx like this.
  10. mycatisholdingmehostage

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I find it funny that there are no shortage of people on this thread and others telling Ferrari what they "should do". They say Ferrari shouldn't release too many models or they will kill the brand. They shouldn't over value their cars or collectors will stop playing the game. They should create a 1000hp natural V12 that revs to 10K RPM or the 812VS won't be special enough. GPF will kill them. Electric will kill them. They should do this. They should do that. So many opinions but have you seen Ferrari's stock prices? Their value has soared and remains high even during COVID. Ferrari has always been a company that strives to produce the best cars with the best tech. That means things change and not everyone likes change. That's OK but saying what Ferrari "should do" or they will "lose their brand" is silly. It doesn't matter what we think or even what Ferrari thinks. The market speaks and it has told Ferrari it likes the direction it's going.

Akram, Gh21631 and lamborarri like this.
  11. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I agree with most of what you said but you lost me when you stated that Ferrari has the best tech. Their tech sucks. Probably the worst of any car out there.

BLAMPEE, boobernackle, epah and 3 others like this.
  12. mycatisholdingmehostage

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex
    You didn't read my post. I said: "Ferrari has always been a company that strives to produce the best cars with the best tech". "Strives" being the keyword here. Whether they succeed is up to the buyer. Also, I mean tech related to the engine and making cars that go fast and drive well. I didn't mean their infotainment systems.

GoHardGT3RS likes this.
  13. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Tech usually refers to infotainment- that sucks.

Tech related to engine is more generally referred to as engineering. So in that aspect, I tend to agree with you.

but their infotainment, aka tech really sucks.

BLAMPEE and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  14. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I drove my 456M 25K miles in six years. I never turned the infotainment system on once. I did listen to Playlists on my iPhone on a few long trips, but I use an Etymotic in-ear headset that is as good as recording studio monitors. Same with my current 360; never turned the radio on except to see that it works. iPhone for long highway legs.

I could easily live with a broken radio or have it deleted entirely, but I want all of the stock items to at least work.

Otherwise the engine is the audio system. :)

Gh21631 and AlfistaPortoghese like this.
  15. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    great you will love it and I was not fortunate to get an allocation but I have the car now and it is an absolute blast to drive .. well worth the wait

Bundy, Gh21631 and C50 like this.
  16. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    The Pista and 488 have older tech. The Portofino and 812 have the up to date stuff, it's way better than it used to be and very good now compared to the other manufacturers.

SoCal to az likes this.
  17. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    good to know. Checking out the Roma in a few weeks.

LARRYH and wrs like this.
  18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    812 is better but still way behind IMO.

LARRYH likes this.
  19. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    It's as good as my RR and the AMG Roadster. I think the surround cam views on the 812 are great for parking and the ease of use is such that I haven't needed the manual to figure anything out yet. I think the upgraded audio is good but not what you get for the same or less money from other marques. I rate my satisfaction with the tech on my 812 and Portofino at 8 while on the 488 it was 5 and on the California T maybe a 6.

20. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
    Ehhhh.....no.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Gh21631 likes this.
  21. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    I was just looking at Pistas on Carguru's last night. Asking prices still seem to be way way above MSRP. Most are in the $450-$480k range and a few $500K. Don't know what they will sell for or what any used Pista's have sold for other than 1 that was sold less than MSRP when Covid hit....but I would think These Pista's would eventually sell around $430-$450k.

That is way above MSRP still correct?

22. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    There are a lot of variables involved. Who the seller is, dealer owned, dealer consigned, delivery miles, trade, financing, whether its first or second owner, etc. The lower the MSRP then the less of a discount from MSRP. Higher the MSRP then the bigger discount... $500K and above (I know two that sold and one that is for sale).... Sold $35K below MSRP with delivery miles, another where owner netted $90K below with 2K miles, other is asking $55K below MSRP with less than 1000 miles (owner will probably take $75K net after all is said and done). These are all recent and non-covid pricing.

Akram, LARRYH and mdrums like this.
  23. Transman

Transman Karting

Nov 20, 2016
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen Ferraro
    I have a 2020 Red fully loaded with 625 miles for 500,000
    Interested let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Sorry but the pattern is once a few sales below MSRP that's it for pricing. It only goes one way and it isn't up. I believe most here don't care because they are enthusiasts. The ones for sale are owned those those that are not. Unfortunately its those that want out that drive down the perceived market value of the cars. Nothing new here.

25. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I agree Ferrari tech is not good. Even if I look at the lusso VS anything out there it’s pretty but not up to par that being said it’s not why you buy a Ferrari ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk