Gorgeous early 246 going to on-line auction | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Gorgeous early 246 going to on-line auction

Discussion in '206/246' started by Bluebottle, Mar 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Sold at £239,000 + £6,000 Buyer's Fee.

2. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    All I can say is that if I were the lucky owner of that car, I would not have let it go for that money; and the new owner is a very lucky man - all credit to him for putting his hand in his pocket.

3. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Conversions from LH to RH involve a lot of work and if not done correctly and with a high degree of workmanship can be problematic ie has the wiring loom extension been extended or new (min new loom), steering column and mountings, rack etc etc.

Plus the history has failed credentials, if you buy cheap then you have to realise you need to sell cheap. I personally dont consider it a bargain.

Tony

TTR likes this.
  4. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Yes, one of many often unexpected/-intended potential consequences of a public acquisition/transaction which can easily come back to haunt later and stigmatize a specific item/vehicle.
    Countless examples exists, including many in which an offering gets or has been publicly vilified by same peanut gallery that might’ve applauded the previous exchange of same exact item.

5. 63acornwall

63acornwall Rookie

Sep 8, 2015
    Very interesting thread that I have only just caught up with . I had a bad attack of dino-itis earlier this year and almost succumbed to buying one in the UK , pre the Covid lockdown . I ended up buying the Dino compendium book instead so am a bit less ignorant than I was when the buying fever had me in its grasp .

Right now I am poorer than I was , thanks to write down of assets , and wondering if ( or when ) prices will fall . If supply and demand works then more cars coming to market might work in my favour .

Meantime will have to drive old Porsches.....