308 GT4 Wheel Alignment | FerrariChat

308 GT4 Wheel Alignment

Discussion in '308/328' started by gt corsa, Jun 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gt corsa

gt corsa Rookie

Jan 12, 2014
    pacific palisades ca
    Full Name:
    dennis white
    Looks like a problem trying to find a shop in LA doing alignments for 308 GT4. 1975 which is too old for Stokes in Santa Monica. Not sure if the same issue with the rack for the GTB. Anyone with some options? Thanks so much!

2. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    I listen to the smoking tire podcast and they always recommend West End Alignment in Gardena. Appointment required - you might want to get shims in advance or point him to a source to not waste time.

3. gt corsa

gt corsa Rookie

Jan 12, 2014
    pacific palisades ca
    Full Name:
    dennis white
    Thanks so much! One other possibility has popped up but will definitely check this out. Appreciate it!

4. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Agreed. A 3x8 is not a fun car to do an alignment on.

5. Nino1964

Nino1964 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2015
    North Georgia
    I found a body shop in Chattanooga TN, that also maintains Porsche race cars, and they did a full alignment and coil over adjustment. Advanced Collision

6. johnny308

johnny308 Karting

Dec 3, 2011
    Greenfield, MA. USA
    Hello,

Yup alignment on a 308 can be an issue. if you are only going to look at the front you can..... get a smart phone. Then loading an app that has an angle finder will give you a digital level. Then getting a straight bit of metal the same diameter as your wheel will get you an idea on your camber measurement. Perhaps 1/2 degree in (negative). Caster can also be done but it is not as easy. Judging by the feel of my 308 I bet the castor is in the plus 3 range.

I have a set of four jack stands with some conduit to go east and west crossed the front and rear of the car. Then a ball of bright colored string and a 6inch rule will get you toe. I also made up a 6ft wide caliper to do toe but the danger is that will get the exact toe you wish but it may be ALL on one wheel. 1/16th to 1//8th toe in is likely good.

YUP it CAN take an entire Saturday morning project but you can do it.

Stay SAFE

7. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    West end alignment is the best, but takes a while. I’ve had good luck with tire bros on Pico. They have an old rack that you drive directly on to and then they stand underneath it and adjust from there. I believe they do the work for Giuseppe at F&M across the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk