430 - Anyone in the Bay Area have S-line or Kline exhaust? | FerrariChat

430 Anyone in the Bay Area have S-line or Kline exhaust?

Discussion in '360/430' started by carguy007, Jun 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carguy007

carguy007 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2013
    Anyone in the Bay Area have S line or Kline exhaust. I am really not too thrilled with the stock exhaust or any of the others I have tried on my 430? My 360 has headers and tubi and sounds f1 ish. That’s the sound I am trying to create with the 430:)

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Got on my FF- love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
    Have a GTC exhaust on a 430 I’m selling. You are welcome to come check out the sound of it.

4. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Tell me where you’ll be on Thu or Fri around lunchtime and I’ll do a flyby in my scuderia. One flyby will be all you need to decide on an s-line, nothing else comes close.

JaguarXJ6 likes this.
  5. carguy007

carguy007 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2013
    I live in San Francisco but could come
    To where you are on the weekend. I really want to hear s line. Are you local in the Bay Area?

6. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Yep, I'm in the city.

7. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I had Kline exhaust on my F430 spider and loved it. Worth every penny. I have a video post here.

I have friends that has S Line exhaust on their F430 & they loved theirs.

Their design is very similar. Except the Kline has valves so you can control the volume or loudness on command especially at low RPM.

S Line is very loud especially at initial cold start and idle and you have no way to silence it.

I would like to keep the great relationship I have with my neighbors so I chose Kline. It's quiet at start up and idle and I open it up once I'm out of my neighborhood.

Some would say my neighbors love me and forgive me for the noise. True in most cases. Wait till they have a sick wife or a sick child.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mathewr and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  8. carguy007

carguy007 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2013
    Yeah I really need to hear one in person before I make any decisions. Video is not a good indicator as you know. Kline is great too and I saw your video and review. I woudl take eithe. What I am looking for is a set up that is fun to drive at all rpms. I want it to sound good at mid throttle/rpm when just cruising as well, because that is how I do a signicant amount of drivning. Right now I just have the valves unplugged on the stock set up and I am not a fan at all of the sound. It does sound good when you get towards 7krpm but I don/t drive at that rpm all the time. I am on the verge of just selling the 430 because I like driving my 360 so much more because the sound. The 360 sounds good at low rpm and high, with tunnels being ethereal:). I know it has five valves per cylinder but I am sure the 430 can sound amazing when set up properly.

9. sakodik

sakodik Karting

Jun 2, 2016
    Santa Clara
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I believe some cars at Roselli's shop have them installed in San Jose. My old 430 is sold and relocated to Livermore/San Ramon area if you want to cruise over there. I remember enjoying the stock exhaust and then ALL smiles with s-line and headers installed.

10. carguy007

carguy007 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2013
    Cool - I just sent you a pm:)

11. carguy007

carguy007 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2013
    I woud definitely go over there to check it out. Is S line enough by it's self or are the headers needed?

12. SpencerMarks

SpencerMarks Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2017
    Woodstock, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Spencer
    Drove in a F430 with Fabspeed headers and S-line exhaust... couldn’t imagine getting anything else.

RANDY6005 and JaguarXJ6 like this.
  13. carguy007

carguy007 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2013
    Yeah I believe it is the best set up you can have. I am looking forward to hearing it in person. I am more curious how it sounds at lower speeds and how it changes the fun factor of the car when you are just cruising or at low rpm.

14. sakodik

sakodik Karting

Jun 2, 2016
    Santa Clara
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Since the car was already up for the exhaust, I decided to do tackle the header issue before it becomes an actual problem, so I haven't heard the sline with the factory header.

15. carguy007

carguy007 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2013
    Thanks for the insight. Hopefully I can hear one soon. I really want to get down to one car, but can not get rid of my 360 until the 430 sounds better or at minium just as good:)

16. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    You need some Kline 200 cell cats as well ...

17. carguy007

carguy007 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2013
    My s line is on the way:)

RANDY6005 likes this.
  18. Freddan

Freddan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2012
    Vansbro (Sweden)
    Full Name:
    Fredrik
    S line / fabspeed headers and cats. The best way to go:)

19. flsupraguy

flsupraguy Rookie

Apr 27, 2014
    Sounds amazing. I assume you did their "sport headers" and "sport cats"? Any more videos?

20. Freddan

Freddan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2012
    Vansbro (Sweden)
    Full Name:
    Fredrik
    Correct,
    I have some more videos on the computer I can share later

21. flsupraguy

flsupraguy Rookie

Apr 27, 2014
    Awesome. Did you happen to coat your headers or did you just buy the blanket from Fabspeed?