Carrera GT | Page 32 | FerrariChat

Carrera GT

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Sterling Sackey, Jan 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  2. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    Catch me up to speed.....why is it infamous?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Wrong choice of words on my part. I mean in the way that the car is likely well known throughout the Carrera GT community by this point more so that the car community who might just see it as an orange Carrera GT.

I guess for say ex., I see a white LaFerrari Aperta & don't think much of it, where as here, this community could recognize it as Josh Cartu's and the resulting history with it.

4. Sterling Sackey

Sterling Sackey Formula 3
    Sponsor

Infamous is not necessarily a wrong choice of words. :) Cool example, but it would be nice to see it end up with a real owner as opposed to perpetually being for sale.

5. luigisayshello

luigisayshello Karting

Jul 9, 2014
    This price does not make sense, one could buy a decent bog spec, send it to Porsche, have them do a 0 mile restoration, choose any color (carrera gt are quite possibly one of the easiest cars to change color, given the paint is only on the panels and they all are removable) choose any interior color and there will still be money left from the 1.7M. If one picks a car with some history (600k cgt from hot rides with only cosmetic and suspension/wheels damage) the margin is even greater, no yellowing all the bits and bobs brand new, gearbox and engine won't need changing, and totally personalized pts and lts car from Porsche, for what will end up being more or less 700k less than what they are asking for this orange cgt.

Monsieur Yoge and Thecadster like this.
  6. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    There will always be a premium for originality, but 1.7 is probably because all these dealers reselling this car want to make money on it.

7. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

For those looking, I currently have a sub-4,000 mile GT Silver over Dark Grey (black) Carrera GT available privately. The car is in for a major engine-out service as we speak. For more details, I can be reached at [email protected].

Image Unavailable, Please Login

joe sackey likes this.
  8. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Monsieur Yoge, Boomhauer, BJK and 2 others like this.
  9. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Still available!

10. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    #786 BJK, Aug 17, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
    Boomhauer likes this.
  11. bbs911

bbs911 Formula Junior

May 31, 2007
    Dallas
    Think that Samsonite messes up the airflow any?

12. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
  13. john a barnes

john a barnes Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2018
    muskego wi
    Full Name:
    John a Barnes
    Carrera GT's are kinda ugly. Designed by a sixth grader while doodling. Better luck next time I always say. Cheers.

14. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    It seems that you got the Russian vaccine for covid19. I hear it ruins the brain cells.

15. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Thanks Chris, excited for the car to join your beautiful collection.

cnpapa24 likes this.
  16. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Back on May 17th you also posted in this thread: "CGT's are kinda homely. I'd take a Ford GT any day I could have the choice."

We've had 142 days to contemplate that insightful take, and I'm glad to hear the followup. I will set my calendar for another 142 days from now, I for one am as excited as anyone for round three.

17. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Some new reading to delve into. Highly recommend this book to any owners - the English translation isn't the greatest but it's worth the purchase for the photos alone.

NürScud, joe sackey and cnpapa24 like this.
  18. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey

Nice, Peter Vann supplied us some amazing images with Ferruccio Lamborghini for the Miura book.

19. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Ugly? I can see why some don't find it attractive, but I wouldn't call it unattractive or ugly. It's a simple design without striking features. Neutral is a better term for it. I like how it looks personally, but it's definitely not striking like a similar era Enzo.

Boomhauer likes this.
  20. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

It is really homely with the roof on. Looks like an El Camino in side view. (See the yellow example above.)
    A little better un-roofed.
    Too bad, it deserved to be absolutely stunning.
    IMO.

21. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Whilst Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder, at this point the Carrera GT is widely regarded as a design triumph for Porsche by experienced automobile critics who have the ability to state-of-the-art design.

Some of the best designs extant are not obviously stunning, they are organic and become an acquired taste with familiarity and ownership, this is where form & function can be appreciated and in terms of a combination of the two, the CGT is fairly peerless for it's era.

Not all Supercars are supposed to look the same, and perhaps it takes takes thoughtful and experienced aesthetic appreciation to see the flow of the car's lines and it's fantastic design detail, noted Supercar designer Horacio Pagani has this ability, and it moved him to purchase one for himself (below) in the ultimate expression of appreciation.

22. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  23. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006