covid-19 | FerrariChat

covid-19

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by bocaf430, Apr 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    What do you guys think of this virus? man made? natural? I saw something saying now they doubt there will be a vaccine for it and it will be around for a while... hope this is more fake news... but pretty scary.. I know of at least 5 people that died from it, 2 were under 55 and healthy....

2. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    That’s a tough one to answer.
    The only
    Contact I have with this virus is news and staying in my house. I know no one who has been touched by the virus. My business sector (tourism) has been adversely affected.
    Is this natural, man made, religious based, political? Who the **** knows.

3. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    I know... what to really believe? It is scary,but we do need to get the economy back... don't know how much fun it would be being alive but eating bugs and rodents with no water or power... we need to get back to work but be careful still.... is that you 89 countach in your avatar?

4. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    Yes, my anniversary Countach

5. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    nice I have a white one bought brand new open MSO has maybe 1400km

6. Nicolas21

Nicolas21 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2016
    Near a nuclear powerplant
    Full Name:
    Nicolas
    Some says that this virus was made in a laboratory financed by the French Government, some says it causes brain damages, but all we knows is it f.... the world

7. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    I wrote an apocalyptic sci-fi book with a virus that acted a lot like COVID-19. The virus was manipulated by man into acting so vicious. I doubt this is the case now. Occam's Razor would pretty much preclude any conspiracy theories.

Book is called "Human Dog: Beginning"

8. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    I have heard it was made in a lab in Canada, heard in a lab in china... we the public will never know the truth.. I just hope we can live a normal life shortly..... will suck if we have to fear catching this for years to come

Nicolas21 likes this.
  9. Nicolas21

Nicolas21 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2016
    Full Name:
    Nicolas

Totally agree with you
    I hope too, in France we have to wait until May 11th the "possible'' end of isolation, and you?

10. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    I am in NY Long Island, I am not sure the date yet... I think after May 15 some time.. but not sure the exact date... it keeps changing

11. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    Isolation ends May 31 st here in Mexico
    Lets see

12. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    I hope we can have a normal life soon, but I don't see this virus going away on its own.... they say social distancing can be in effect till 2022... this is no way to live

13. Nicolas21

Nicolas21 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2016
    Full Name:
    Nicolas
    Restaurants and café are now opened, I just have to wait next week: opening of the German, Luxembourg and Belgian border :)

14. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    California is now requiring masks indoors and out. I don’t believe the data supports this, but not the point here.

My question is what’s the exit strategy?

12 - 18 months plus for a vaccine and then testing to confirm how many have antibodies? or data proven herd immunity at what percent - given I’ve heard anywhere between 30% and 80%? And if the latter, then masks and social distancing certainly will extend this out.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat