Annoying noise from the dashboard | FerrariChat

Annoying noise from the dashboard

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Jordan68, Jun 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    Hi everyone... I started to notice an annoying noise (creaks) from my 488 dashboard... I noticed when I put the A/C to the max or I put it off it goes away!!!

Any suggestion please?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

2. john Owen

john Owen Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Owen
    Had a similar noise on my 458 after having the Air bag recall done at my dealer last year..Both myself and the Ferrari mechanic were convinced it came direct from the dash, however after investigating at length it turned out it was a missing fastener from from the passenger side wheel arch plastic lining..They replaced the fastener and the noise went away.
    ETA Just read your post in full regarding the link to the AC so yours sounds like a different cause..Perhaps you have some debris trapped inside the AC ducts..

Jordan68 likes this.
  3. csteve

csteve Karting

May 6, 2006
    hong kong
    Full Name:
    steve chang
    I am having this noise inside my 458 (noise on when car is totally turned off) - need help

4. RaceMX-M3

RaceMX-M3 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2010
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I had the most annoying sound like knocking coming from headliner. Turned out to be something in the suspension. lol. It's the boogie man.

Jordan68 likes this.
  5. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    Thank u so much for the info... There is a recall on my 488 concerning the airbags and I will ask them to check also the points you mentioned... So thankful

6. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    :) yes it is... Than you for the reply

7. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    The problem that the noise is not coming from the AC itself but it starts when I reduce the power of the AC... As if some plastic on the dashboard is not in its place.. This sound started only 2 weeks ago...!!! Maybe Corona :(

8. RaceMX-M3

RaceMX-M3 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2010
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Scott
    A while ago a girl I was dating had a vibration in her a/c. Higher the a/c went the worse it got. I started taking stuff apart and we found a dead mouse in the interior fan blower. lol. Car was dubbed the mouse trap. Hopefully this is not your issue.

Jordan68 likes this.
  9. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    I hope not :) :)