812 VS Rumors | Page 65 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    This.Relationship with dealer is most important factor.

maxemus likes this.
  2. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Sounds pretty good to me. Especially at WOT.

stavura, PTG1 and JagShergill like this.
  3. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Has anybody suggested electric valves like the koenigsegg?

4. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Definitely revving high but not super high (>10K) and no sign of turbo or fancy electric intake in that audio.

5. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Moreover, their relationship with the factory is the most important factor. Just like clients, not all dealers are equal.

uhn2000 likes this.
  6. XSQF

XSQF Rookie

Apr 5, 2019
    Unless you are a VVIP, i.e. you get all the invitations to all the launch events. I think the relationship with your dealer is more important, just my two cents.

maxemus likes this.
  7. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    All of these answers have an element of truth. (1) Relationship with ONE dealer over several years is important. They generally don’t like it when clients buy from a different dealer every time. (2) Not all dealers are equal. Certain dealers generate more business than others -and more special orders- so they have better access (but also bigger clients so it is hard to get up their list) (3) on numbered cars, dealers get a list of names from the factory that they must offer the car to. If I remember correctly this happened over here with the TDF and the SP1/2 but not with the Speciale Aperta, so it looks like the norm post-2015/6. Dealers HAVE to call those clients. If the response from those clients doesn’t cover production, the dealer nominates other clients to the factory and -if approved- offers them the car.

This is how I have seen it work and in my opinion it makes a lot of sense. The factory maintains the central database with each clients’ buying history and dealer relationships and try to prioritise allocations in a way that maximises their future earning potential by attracting the most valuable clients

Are there exceptions? absolutely! I have seen famous people allocated a TDF when their buying history had just 2 other normal Ferraris. But I have also seen LaFerrari first owners get told that they cannot get a Pista Spider or a SP2 because of insufficient buying history since they purchased their LaF.

The only guaranteed way to get everything is to participate in the XX programme or own a historic F1 car that Ferrari maintain. Then you get everything and your dealer simply doesn’t matter

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

maxemus, SirPouyan, JackCongo and 5 others like this.
  8. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts

I agree with all this.
    Point I was making in a shorthand way is that it is not right to think in terms of strict criteria.EG.even if you buy cars X,Y and Z because you are told that is what Ferrari say are the necessary criteria it will not guarantee an allocation.

Roland1688 likes this.
  9. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    The game has changed though. Very few people are willing to buy the top of the line models and take a hit just to be in a preferred position. The depreciation now on virtually all models means you have to literally have money to burn to want to play the game. I think fewer and fewer people will drink the coolade

LVP488, Bundy, Randyslovis and 2 others like this.
  10. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    When can we see the 812 VS???!

11. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Everyone i speak to at least here in the UK is of the strong opinion those days are over i.e people aren’t willing to play that game anymore. In reality why would you? To get a pista? There are 30 for sale in the UK at msrp and below. TdF? They have come down and i suspect will come down further when they announce the 812VS. Speciale? Lots for sale and are coming down. Only reason to be willing to lose big in short term depreciation is if you are guaranteed to make big on true limited edition cars which you can monetise in the early stages. And F made it clear numbered cars are for Icona and above. Someone even told me you could walk into dealer X and order a Monza. Then what’s the point in the game. If someone can give me a sensible reason it would make my day as I can’t see any.

day355, Roland1688, PTG1 and 3 others like this.
  12. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    Ferrari SpA had a lot of teething issues with selection process for Monza buyers, marketing etc. It is a new brand within a brand. They will roll out the next Icona in a better way.

13. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    Do you mean the 812VS first and the SF-90 Spider a few months later? Or maybe they may announce both at the same time, as they did with GTS of 812 and F-8?

14. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Hmmm, very interesting ...May I ask how you know all this - past and future Icona marketing strategies? Inquiring minds want to know;)

15. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    SpA irritated some buyers by insisting on legal waivers for street legality issue, varying $$ commitment levels at time of order, etc.

They're trying to create a club of super exclusivity brand within the F buyer pool, and that can not be an easy job.

Texas Forever likes this.
  16. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Wonder if it has a GPF?

17. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    If it’s based on the 812 engine I would think it should? From the video it sounds good but the sound feels quite different less dramatic and less brutal/loud than the tdf. I wonder if that’s cause of gpf and/or some additional feature like gas energy recovery type of thing

18. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    It's also a bit far away so the sound is attenuated by the distance. If the camera were up near the track I bet it would be much louder. It sounded strong to me and I would think it should have the GPF if it's going to be road legal.

19. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Manufacturers have always made cars with different needs for different markets, be it bumpers, or power. Look at the F40. Go ahead and make the rest of the world a non-GPF VS. cmon!

matt0 and JTSE30 like this.
  20. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    My observation is there are several here on this thread that have been very much experienced with Ferrari and LE models year-year that are saying either the VS and/or the Aperta VS will be numbered LE and very hard to receive an allocation. I know the history of this series and am comfortable with their opinion as I'm sure others are as well. The series will be sold before its official introduction and those getting one know who they are already. Unfortunately my expectation for body design is low yet excited to hear of the NA V12 technology to be presented. This is a pandemic proof car and a must have in a permanent collection.

jpalmito and SirPouyan like this.
  21. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    if there are only 812 cars of the coupe and 499 of the aperta version to be made, they may not need to have a gpf as the environmental values are fleet averages and negotiated by Ferrari with the EU...

22. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Does anyone have a clue how much more this car is likely to cost vs the standard 812SF? The tdf was about 40% more expensive( about £100k premium in the UK vs the F12)

23. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Things may be continuously changing, but I expect the gap to be wider... with the TdF (and to a lower extent the Speciale) Ferrari left a lot of money on the table, for the benefit of the buyers who could then sell with a profit. Ferrari has shown with the Pista they now want to take as much money as possible for themselves. Of course it's difficult for them to know in advance what the price could be, but ideally they'd like to set the price high enough so that the demand just matches the planned production (they'll just keep a small security margin because they do not want the demand to be lower than the production).

24. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    My guess we could be talking over 500k euros base price IF it’s numbered so a car that ends up costing around 650k euros well specc’d