CS Market | Page 424 | FerrariChat

CS Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by stokpro, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #10576 freshmeat, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
    Doesn't that one also make you sad about the current state of F1 =(

I remember a time when going to a race to just hear that glorious NA V10 / V12 sound and that rumble you get in your heart and feet when cars drove past alone was worth the price of admission...now all we get are a bunch of fax machines...

arizonaitalian likes this.
  2. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    It’s just a parallel to ferrari’s current V8 offerings. Disappointing in that regard.

arizonaitalian and freshmeat like this.
  3. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    139022 is showing for sale with 2,xxx miles, $115,000. It’s listed in the wrong ext and int colors. VIN is in the Cars.com listing. Scam????? Pretty sure it’s a scam.

There is a Scud at this dealership for super uber cheap as well.

https://www.mcguireautosalesal.com/details.php?idCar=601

4. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    All the cars at the dealership are way below market. Scam? Salvage? I notice that no VINS are listed.

5. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    There was this saying I heard one time... How did it go? If it's too good to be true, ummm...it must be true? I don't know something like that.

6. boat3

boat3 Karting

Nov 29, 2015
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Larry
    That’s quite a scam site, lots to maintain! They must be into scamming deposits out of foreign buyers.

7. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    It’s been awhile since I’ve been online. I am an owner of what I consider a unicorn. I purchased mine 10 years ago from the original owner who spec’d his car from Ferrari Newport Beach. A collector. Rosa Corsa red, full black leather interior with double red stitch, red calipers, radio delete, red calipers, fire extinguisher, no stripe. It had Only 2700 miles when I bought it on the spot. I was looking for a gem and I found it and willing to pay a premium at that time for it. I purchased it with the intentions of preserving it. That I have done with loving care. Put only about 200 miles/yr that are pure maintenance miles. The car has been pampered and serviced to high standards. Today the car still looks showroom perfect. I really doubt a cleaner example exists.

I was almost forced to sell last year due to a divorce. I fought hard to keep it and glad I did. (Ask Andrew) I get so much pleasure from the car even though my pleasure is different than most. I just love it and look at it like a piece of art. Today the car has 4900 miles so yes I have driven it. Puts a smile on my face every time.

One day I will sell the CS and give someone else the pleasure of the car. I will know when the right buyer comes along who appreciates what he is getting. To me this is as important as price.

uhn2000, LARRYH, mikesufka and 5 others like this.
  8. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    ^^^

Sounds wonderful :)

MDS

9. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Car looks great love the interior! How does it sound?

10. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Question for the resident CS experts (asking on behalf of a friend):
    How much of a hit would one potentially take for buying a non-red, san stripe CS and repainting it to Azurro Dino w stripe under the clear?

-K1- likes this.
  11. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark

BIG!! just my .02

o wait... it was directed to CS experts, disregard. : )

Oengus likes this.
  12. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    Who are all these "friends" running around that don't know how to use the Internet or login to forums?

First rule of challenge stradale's is you don't mess with challenge stradales. Second rule of challenge stradales as you don't mess with challenge stradales.

Car collector buyers are a funny group when it comes to these things even though Azzurro Dino would probably look amazing.

That being said, I would not buy the car with plans to repaint it and think of reselling. I would plan to keep it and enjoy it.

freshmeat likes this.
  13. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    He’s an older chap, believe it or not, he only recently bought a smartphone and is still learning how to use it...I believe he is still on dialup internet too.

14. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    I’m far from an expert but it’s my opinion that if he picked up a storied car that was repaired to factory spec and repainted one of those, his resale would be less effected. There’s a few out there.

15. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hard to say how much exactly. It will take time to find the right buyer. For example, this car was repainted from Rosso Scuderia to Carrara White (a Porsche color), it took quite a while to sell: http://www.challengestradale.com/134230.html

Just my opinion. I like to see them in their original colors but who cares. It’s just a car, you only live once. Buy one with a higher mileage, or a story, or a car in a not-so-popular color and repaint it. And keep it and drive it till the wheels fall off :)

Oengus likes this.
  16. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What about wrapping the car?

Wrap is $4000 or so? An extra set of headlights (to repaint in Azzuro Dino) is also like $4000 or so? It’s easy to restore to the original color and the original paint underneath is protected by the wrap. Just an idea.

LightGuy, freshmeat and Skippr1999 like this.
  17. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I pitched that idea to him as well before posting on fchat. His response: “It’s not the same.”

And thanks for that link to the Carrera white one. I remember that car and owner.

18. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Whats a 20k mile example worth? Looking at a rosso no stripe with black leather interior with red stitching.

19. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    $155-165k would be my guess depending on service history, needing a major, clutch % remaining.

20. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Mine has 21k miles. I wouldn’t sell it that cheap. But maybe someone would.

Oengus likes this.
  21. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    i kinda was thinking the same.... but im sure you can find one that cheap. But as everything, ya get what ya pay for!

22. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    Ok, right on! Mine has 24,xxx and I was being conservative basing it on the cars.com listings. If they are worth more money, then bully for us! :D

ps.....you’ll always be “Jason 1st” to me. lol

Leadfoot09, Oengus and pilotoCS like this.
  23. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Yeah times change and there are lots of new special edition cars out there. Maybe they’re worth less every year? I drove mine last night and it’s awesome. I hate all the new cars with tv screens in them. I need none of that ****. CS and my AirPods and I’m good for a couple hours.

I love the new F8 but don’t want an electric car. It’ll be impossible to work on in 10 years. Manufacturers are building options into cars nobody really even wants. It’s getting stupid.

yeah the handle needed to change. Seemed to piss people off. I’m on other forums with my real name so I don’t care.

Vegas CS, chrixxx and pilotoCS like this.
  24. Mediterranean

Mediterranean Rookie

Jan 3, 2011
    Spain
    Full Name:
    Louis
    No way... too cheap. In Europe around 175-200K dollars. Regards!

25. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    Sounds like a great reason to keep it. lol