Neport Pagnell | FerrariChat

Neport Pagnell

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by GPM, Jun 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GPM

GPM Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2015
    Vancouver BC
    acNewport Pagnell Astons original factory, had a DBS before 6Ltr no turbo, no supercharged, now I have this DB11 which, in my opinion sounds like a honda, if you're a Aston lover, you have to agree that the 6ltr n/a engine sounds better, similar the old argument about 458 vs 488,, turbo's it seems as crewed us all around, things ae happening so fast, as an old man of 59 years I can't keep up, i'd like to buy a Vanquish S '18 and get rid of this DB11, I'm I crazy? or is life too short? this car has mercedizied for electronics etc, which I don' use anyways, if I had guts i'd buy a gate shift 599, if possible, I appreciate all your comments saying how awesome th DB11 is compared to prior models, feel free to bum me out ,,,,,PS going to buy a 458 or 488, not trying to start the old fight again, but would appreciate anyone who has had both opinion,,,

2. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    You're definitely not crazy, I'm 32 and there are barely any cars that I'd consider buying new, even if I could afford them. Probably less than 5 and even then I'd have to stretch it a bit to come up with 5.

Sell it and get what you want!

3. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I was not very impressed by the DB11. Aside from the AMG engine, which is fine for an AMG, there's the soft handling to consider. It looks good, which is good enough for some.

I don't think Aston's "Ford" V12 comes anywhere close to the Ferrari V12s in operational feel, although it sounds good. Nothing like the responsiveness of a Ferrari engine. But a last-generation V12 Vantage S is a pretty fun car and has that typical Aston brutality. I would take a 458 over a Vanquish S.

But I would take my gated 575 with Fiorano Pack and Tubis over the Vanquish.

If you're talking Newport Pagnell, you're really talking the old-generation V8s, that was something else...

4. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I have a Vanquish for that reason...pure NA V12 sound....also like the looks of the old Aston before it got tore up like the new Vantages and DBS
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my 16M

GPM and Themaven like this.
  5. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Aston Martin is no longer a Car manufacturer they are an extended coach builder, Cars are about engines, AM the quintessential British car
    has a Mercedes Benz AMG power source, Ferrari is a Car Manufacturer that’s the reason we have that strong connection to Ferrari for
    70 years plus it’s been that v12.
    The three most passionate owners I have encountered are the Japanese kids, Porsche, Corvette, Ferrari .

6. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Astons are the worst modern exotic. Spend $$$ for it and the only people who actually know what it is and can appreciate it also know you can buy one used for less than a Honda. Everyone else thinks it’s a modded Ford. Plus.. it’s an English car.

7. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Life is short, get the one which most stirs your soul.

I would drive a 599/FF too.

8. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    Price point difference between the Vanquish S and the 458 is a no brainer. V-12 v V-8 and lots of money left over in the pocket. I am a Ferrari guy but the Astons are a good value for the money.