812 GTS deliveries | Page 2 | FerrariChat

812 GTS deliveries

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Avia11, May 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    When I got my allocation/order in, there was no luggage back then. That's good news.

> which ones are they offering, and at what price?

2. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Yes but they are not specific to the car: Ferrari now offers a generic set of luggage for all cars and you are invited to pickup the pieces you want for your specific car. Only a golf bag seems specific for the GTS ( no idea how it can fit in that small trunk).
    At least, this is what we’ve been told at the Gts presentation in Maranello.

I would love to be wrong as I have always taken specific luggage sets with my new Ferrari cars and I am definitely not interested in a “generic” set. I’d rather have a nice custom one designed elsewhere.

BaronM69 likes this.
  3. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Just on the point RE: golf clubs: my 812 has a gap / hole in the left side of the trunk which I'm pretty sure is designed so you can put clubs in there. I imagine the GTS has the same layout.

4. ale75

ale75 Karting

Oct 4, 2004
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Alessandro
  5. Maloja

Maloja Karting

Oct 19, 2016
    Correct, but can you really also fit the driver/ woods sideways in the trunk? Actually I have never tried it myself probably because I thought that they would not fit anyway.

Vertically you can easily put two full golf sets incl. driver etc. in the 812 ( just remove the seperator) and additionally there is space left for soft bags with clothes for one week for two persons. This is what I have done regularly in my former F12 and now 812 and it works. I am always very positively surprised again how big this trunk actually is for such a supercar! For me that is a huge plus - practicality.

I know Ferrari was advertising the 812 GTS with the slim Ferrari golfbag that barely holds the necessary amount of iron clubs but I doubt that this meant also including the various wood clubs. As a golfer this is not really helpful, when you can not transport these clubs since you will be completely lost trying to play PAR 5 holes only with iron clubs.

Gesendet von iPad mit FerrariChat

6. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Nowhere to put it? That trunk is really small. I like the amount of storage space in the coupe and it's one of the issues I had with the 488 and Cali T. There just isn't much storage but in the 812 there is. That is something I like about the 812, it's got room for my stuff and it can go to the store.

BaronM69 likes this.
  7. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    ahhh honesty at last!

8. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Would love to see photo(s) of your golf bag with proper club set in your F12/812. Thanks

9. Maloja

Maloja Karting

Oct 19, 2016
    #34 Maloja, May 29, 2020
    Last edited: May 29, 2020
    Of course. Happy to take pictures the next time when I will load up the truck!

10. Maloja

Maloja Karting

Oct 19, 2016
    #35 Maloja, May 29, 2020
    Actually I have just found one picture of my past F12 from last summer when I was going on a golftrip to the southern part of Switzerland with my son.
    You see the two fully fledged golfbags to the left and the right in the trunk including the drivers/woods and various other bags in the middle and on top and there was still some space left to fill further up.
    Needless to say that the drivers are quite longer than the golfbags and they still fit in the trunk.

Will take the same picture for the 812 soon. Image Unavailable, Please Login

stavura, R J, Maggio23 and 5 others like this.
  11. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    the big one fits

Maloja likes this.
  12. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    An eye-opener for me!!! I had no idea that a non-Ferrari golf bag would fit back there, let alone TWO! I'm not the experimental type to see if a golf bag would even fit, knowing me, I'd risk scratching/damaging anything nearby trying to stuff a golf bag in that small area. I also never thought of or bothered to check if the ledge is removable to open up enough space to accommodate a golf bag - never! Always take my Pano Turbo to someone else's club and always disappointed not ever taking the 812. You've enlightened me (and hopefully others) today! I look forward to seeing the photo of your 812 with your golf bag(s). No issues with the seat backs - they're in their usual position???

Anyone else put their golf bags in the back of their 812's? I still think it's wayyyyyy too tight back there notwithstanding Mr. Maloja's rearrangement of the furniture. :D

Thanks for the photos.

Maloja likes this.
  13. Maloja

Maloja Karting

Oct 19, 2016
    #38 Maloja, May 29, 2020
    No issues with the seat backs at all, no visible scratches and they remain in their usual position.
    I just use a large blanket to cover and protect the leather/alcantara, the carbon rear booth trim, the carbon rear bench trim as well as the carbon racing seats (new in 812 for me) and good it is.
    The golf bags have high inertia due to their weight. Never had issues with scratches so far.

These cars are first and foremost here to use. So much more fun to use them in daily life as well and not to be afraid. However, what I hear from my dealer, apparently the absolute majority of Ferrari owners is much more conservative in terms of usage in various diminsions.

IMO life is too short not to enjoy every bit of these fantastic masterpieces whenever and wherever possible!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. MarkNC

MarkNC Formula Junior
    Owner

May 22, 2012
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Does anyone have any decent pictures of the trunk of the 812 GTS? I have an 812SF now and I've put a deposit down on the GTS. I really like convertibles - especially retractable hard top convertibles. I don't golf so I'm not worried about carrying golf bags but I'd still like to see what it can store.

ewright likes this.
  15. Shamsta

Shamsta Rookie

Nov 25, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Robert S.
    Well done Maloja! You've inspired me to try this next week.

Maloja likes this.
  16. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

MarkNC and of2worlds like this.
  17. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    It is comical how little storage space there will be in this car, especially given how large it is. I think there is space for a few thin objects like pieces of art behind the two front seats. Then the trunk can accommodate say two medium sized bags. That is it! Useful if you're the type who travels light (g string and a toothbrush)

By comparison, the 812 SF is surprisingly practical with lots of storage; I found myself using the parcel shelf behind the seats often.

I don't care...can't wait for my GTS... dealer said today likely Sept delivery...whoop

BaronM69 and uhn2000 like this.
  18. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Your my hero, awesome picture! Can't wait to take my boy(s) for golfing trips.

Maloja likes this.
  19. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    Specific luggage set produced by Schedoni....finally again!

of2worlds likes this.
  20. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Pier, are you sure? The luggage set seen during the Gts presentation and on your pictures was a generic one that is now used for all ferrari cars. No more Schedoni “model specific” luggage sets like we had in the past.

Alberto will hopefully clarify!

BaronM69 and of2worlds like this.
  21. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    You are right they are generic. I meant you combine the different model (4) to fit all cars or most.
    I understood what you mean....yes forget the magic of the past Schedoni luggage made in cuoio, gone!!
    This is the reason why I didn’t investigate more. I don’t like them and I have zero interest to buy. We both know how to get a better and customized set.
    The specific model will be shown just on the small metal plate inside.
    I understood they are produced by Schedoni and if I remenber well he didn’t design them.
    I don’t know even if it’s possibly to order them matching the spec of your car.

I was with Alberto when the first time I saw them during the presentation of GTS at Universo.
    For sure Alberto can be more precise being the world most expert about Ferrari luggage by Schedoni.

Here some pics
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Maggio23, Whipcity76 and of2worlds like this.
  22. Whipcity76

Whipcity76 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2015
    Florida, USA
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    thank you so much for the pics. My dealer gave me the “deer in the headlights” look when we got around to ordering luggage for my GTS. Guess we will get around to it when final build stats are cast in concrete. For now, will just fantasize, and continue driving my 812 Berlinetta.

23. David Begg

David Begg Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 4, 2019
    Australia
    Full Name:
    David Ian Begg
    My GTS is scheduled for October Production - December Delivery... I believe will be the first to be delivered in Australia.
    IMHO, I believe the GTS has a better design language than the SF given that the target market is directed towards Grand Touring.
    Of course... Beauty will always be in the eye the beholder. Image Unavailable, Please Login

drmc, Shamsta, ChrisDiRe and 3 others like this.
  24. Piloto

Piloto Karting

Sep 13, 2009
    Interesting market dynamics. The 308 GTS is undervalued in comparison to the 308 GTB coupe. But now that Porsche appears with a Targa top, Ferrari must capture that segment of the buying public by revisiting what P aped from Ferrari.