F8 - Order Status | Page 31 | FerrariChat

F8 Order Status

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dicecal, Nov 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Given the state of the economy I don't think they will be in a rush.

2. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Well my Pista feels luxurious ....depends how it is speced. I would like to see a video of a Pista vs a F8 using launch control. I had an F8 configured but allotment did not come through before the pandemic. With less weight it will be interesting how they compare off the line. BTW I like the F8 Spider and might consider one down the road.

3. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    I’m loving your garage. How are you liking the car so far? I took mine on a mini “social distancing” with about 20 other cars. I absolutely love mine! It is such a blast to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coincid likes this.
  4. richard.watkins@comcast.n

Jun 4, 2014
    Palm Springs CA
    Full Name:
    Rick Watkins
    On May 9th, I was able to test drive Ron Tonkin Gran Turisimo F8. I do have my allocation, but it is still early, so I shall see when it shows up. From a driving experience, it is truly amazing! This car is so civilized when you want it to be. The dual clutch in automatic is seamless, not so much in my previous 599. I was also skeptical of the electronic steering, I have always loved track and pinion, but it is tight, fast and effortless. For me this Ferrari is a keeper.

buddyg, Coincid and J&NParr like this.
  5. Drson

Drson Karting

Mar 18, 2018
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    John Galt
    Thanks for the nice comment.....Just finished my garage a couple of months ago....my GT3 and the F8 are roommates...
    I am really enjoying the F8....the F8 is almost like a chameleon...it can be very aggressive in race mode and very smooth in wet mode....
    I have been pleasantly surprised by the exhaust notes...much better than I was expecting....a very low rumble that literally vibrates the ground on cold start up....it does quiet down until you reach 3500 rpm and then the nice exhaust growl returns....I was anticipating being disappointed after owning a 458 spider but I’m not in the least....if the valves could be pinned it would be ideal....

The DCT is amazing with fast, solid shifts...I cannot appreciate any turbo lag...

My close friend and I ordered GT3s and received them November 2018 and they are fantastic but totally different than the F8....when he saw my F8 he said “This is the most beautiful car I’ve ever seen”.....he is going to get an F8...soon...

6. J&NParr

J&NParr Rookie

Jun 30, 2004
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    John and Naoma Parr

Hey Rick
    John and I did a test drive last Friday at RTGT and also really liked it. Hoping to get a spider slot for 2023 on our anniversary.
    Naoma

7. richard.watkins@comcast.n

Jun 4, 2014
    Palm Springs CA
    Full Name:
    Rick Watkins
    Fantastic! I was wondering how long you were going to keep the 360? As you know, we are moving to Palm Springs, so the hard top is better for us, I think.

8. J&NParr

J&NParr Rookie

Jun 30, 2004
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    John and Naoma Parr
    Yes, that heat down there can be brutal. Did I see earlier that your frame was painted? Any updates on your status now that they are back to work?

9. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I guess things are moving again, MyFerrari app updated today with my chassis number and VIN!

Drson and PTG1 like this.
  10. Fezza123

Fezza123 Rookie

Jul 16, 2016
    Well I had a call from my dealer yesterday the F8 is here it’s over at Park Royal being DPI’d and then being sent across the road to Topaz for a full PPF, so may be 10 days before I get my hands on it.

I knew it was one of the first U.K. cars in the system and was at early build when the the factory shut down, I think the chassis was there, but it hadn’t started assembly.

Went into My Ferrari and as ever no photos or even order status change it still shows as waiting list.
    Anybody else know of any other U.K. deliveries other than dealer cars?

11. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    #761 Glenn Quagmire, Jun 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    Congrats on having the car land in country. As a newbie to Ferrari and with an F8 at 10G, I’m really surprised at how many times I’ve seen folks comment that they hadn’t received photos or that the status wasn’t accurate. There’s probably more that goes into this than we know, but it would seem like among the complexities in the world, this shouldn’t be one of them.

12. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    #762 greyboxer, Jun 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    jm2 likes this.
  13. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
  14. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    PTG1 likes this.
  15. Jwootson

Jwootson Rookie

Feb 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    justin wootson
    I placed my order for the F8 January 2020 and can't really get an idea of when I should expect delivery or just any kind of status updates. Can any of you guys give me a timeline window from when you placed your order until it was delivered? I was thinking after 6 months in I would see some kind of movement but the dealer says nothing has happened on my car yet. I'm new to this forum but this seems like the only place out there to get logical information about the Ferrari brand. From your past experience and given that I ordered the car in January what would be the best guess of when it might arrive ? Any input / opinion would be much appreciated.

16. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I ordered mine in November and have heard nothing.

jm2 likes this.
  17. Jwootson

Jwootson Rookie

Feb 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    justin wootson
    Maybe my expectations are too high. Probably several people in the same boat that I'm in. If you placed your order in November and still haven't heard anything I won't be hearing anything for another couple of months obviously. Such a bummer.

18. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Justin - welcome - an idea of your location would be helpful - also a little more detail of your order would help eg have you spec'd your car yet or have you had to lay down your lock-in deposit or just a place-holding deposit ?

19. Jwootson

Jwootson Rookie

Feb 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    justin wootson
    I'm in the southeast. Order was placed with Ferrari of Atlanta. Car has been spec'd lock in deposit has been placed and the dealer has informed me that Ferrari has accepted the order. All of that was completed in January. Ferrari accepting the order was in mid to late February or that was when the dealer let me know that it was accepted. That's the last I've heard. My sales guy has been great but I hate bothering him since I'm sure he has to deal with this on a regular basis from everyone that orders a car. I don't want to be "that guy" .

jm2 likes this.
  20. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Welcome to this great site.
    Congratulations on your order. Nothing like ordering a new Ferrari! This will be my 4th new Ferrari.
    Ordered my Spider in December...........crickets.
    That's Ferrari. Deal with it. ;)

21. Glenn Quagmire

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    My order was placed with the dealer in early February, after I was promised a June build with delivery to me in August. As a newbie, I didn't know that what I was being told by the dealer was completely BS, and intended to induce me into ordering a car. It worked. However, along the way, I found pre-Covid info from the dealer to be scant. Not returning calls, intentionally vague, etc. But, I was also told Ferrari was ahead of schedule.

Covid changed things for anyone with an order in the Ferrari system. While details seemed hard for even dealers to come by, mine kept telling me what I wanted to hear. Finally, with the help of some folks here, I asked my dealer to send me a screenshot of the order in the Ferrari system. Crickets. Calls and text messages went unreturned. Finally, I caught up with the salesperson who said "oh, your car is 10G and could go 10R anytime." I pressed further and asked to see the date it went 10G and I was told they didn't have access to that information.

As time progressed and the factory got back to work, I was seeing folks here detail their timelines and it began to sink in that even if my car went 10R tomorrow, it would be many months beyond the August delivery I was promised. Armed with examples from others I gleaned here, I confronted the dealer and asked how it was they could promise an August delivery back in February with a supposed June production? Combine that with my request to see proof the order was in the Ferrari system and when it occurred...and suddenly the dealer began to backtrack, blaming Covid. But, I had saved all the text messages in which they claimed post-Covid that Ferrari was on track despite the virus, and even working through the typical planned shutdown in August. They knew they were caught.

Because I'm new to the brand (but not to exotics) and planning to buy many Ferrari's over the next 20 years, I concluded that I couldn't trust this dealer and they didn't deserve my business. Thus, I found a very comparable car at status 40 from another dealer, and bought it. I also bought a new Portofino for my wife. The new dealer, was what I expected the Ferrari buying experience to be. It's now reinforced that I made the right decision. The previous dealer lost out on two sales of new cars and the prospect of selling me many more in the future.

As an entrepreneur and owner of a manufacturing company, I preach honesty and straight talk to my salespeople. Never promise something you can't deliver, and for God's sake, always follow through. I'm certain I've lost business over the years from some that didn't like what they were told about project schedules. However, I know we've won far more being honest than we've lost...and built lasting relationships yielding repeat business.

To the OP, get proof about when your car hit 10G. I was told 4-6 weeks was typical to move from there to 10R (could be BS). Obviously, it's been far longer for you. Thus, I can't help but wonder if you've been duped like I was?!

Isobeing, OSUferrari, LMH and 3 others like this.
  22. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    July 25/19 - Spec'd car - deposit
    Jan/2020- Final spec- further deposit
    April - Status 10R - Delivery date June 30
    May 22-Status 30- Delivery date - July 4
    June 1 - Delivery date confirmed- July 2.

On every occasion, my dealer comtacted me and emailed confirmations from the factory. Never had to request information.

Glenn Quagmire likes this.
  23. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Glenn I got the run around for,one year. My F8 was configured at 373 thousand so it’s was not like It was a basic Model. I was promised an allocation in December 2019. There was a window in January but they played their silly game. In February 2020 I asked for my deposit back. It took three months to get it back after heavy pressure. Prices dropped on Pistas and bought one which was delivered to the owner January 15 of this year below MSRP. Their loss ...as I understand many cancelled their Allocations now.

24. Glenn Quagmire

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Interesting. I’m glad you got your deposit back and ended up with a Pista. Sounds like a win/win, save for the frustration and brain damage with the dealer.

Im curious to see whether my former dealer drags their feet returning my deposit. Sales guy says they’ll do it straight away. We’ll see...

25. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Deposit June 2019
    Order accepted by Ferrari Sept 2019
    I was status 40 before the shutdown, guessing I’m close to status 70 now (will get an update soon)
    I believe I’ll see the car in late July or August...

SECRET likes this.