How Many Testarossa's are still running ? | FerrariChat

How Many Testarossa's are still running ?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Jun 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Hi All,

Lots is said when it comes to value that a lot of TRs were made. At around 7k it is true, but nothing compared to nowadays numbers...and it was 30 years ago.
    Seeing how many TRs are beng parted out at Ferrparts, Eurospares in 2020 i am wondering how many are still up running 4000, 5000 ?
    What are your thoughts ?

2. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
  3. fridolin_pt

fridolin_pt Karting

Mar 25, 2008
    Germany NRW
    Full Name:
    Fritz
    Too many

Bradwilliams likes this.
  4. versamil

versamil Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2013
    Gaston, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Brian Healy
    So according to Red Headed.com only 1684 were US Specification cars. Some of those were probably shipped out of the US, but other European version were shipped in. I know as I imported a Swiss car from Canada into the United States. BUT out of 1600 cars, I'd bet that a full 25% are no longer in existence. Go visit just Ferrparts, and he had parts out of quite a few, and these parts aren't there forever. So just as a guess 1200 cars in the US. When a person looks at pictures of all the wrecked NEW Ferraris, that are getting trashed in their first couple of years, think back to how many rich people bought these in the eighties, and they weren't cherishing them like we do now. We can't fathom someone flogging their Testarossa's, but I bet their were a lot of people imitating Crockett in Miami vice.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

agreed id say worlwide 5500 might be left ,4000 maybe in excellent condition. My thought

6. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I don't honestly think there are even that many left. Just think about how many around the world have been broken up. I'll bet the number is below 4k. Heck I know of i think 3 that may be heading the way of the wrecker fairly soon..and no, they are not worth saving at all. They are indeed ready to be parted out to keep the others alive.

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Interesting! It will serve the model price in the future for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary Sandberg likes this.
  8. Gary Sandberg

Gary Sandberg Formula Junior

Might be interesting to start a VIN registry - probably already exists somewhere.

I know that not all owners are members of this site and therefore not all cars can be captured as well as VINs for cars already gone. Still as a "snapshot" it might give an indication. Especially given Natkingcolebasket69's love for stats ;)

9. Gary Sandberg

And I know, a registry already exists - it's called Ferrari :rolleyes::D

What I was thinking was of three categories:1) driver; 2) parted or being parted, 3) gone (if known).

10. Natkingcolebasket69

Can’t help it it’s what I do for a living

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary Sandberg likes this.
  11. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I wonder if contacting the various exotic wreckers would reveal anything. Im sure they would have record of the vin number of the cars they broke as it would be required by law..

12. Gary Sandberg

I agree and also maybe some of the people more associated with the service side, through their connections can provide some insight - such as Newman, Rifledriver, Turbo-Joe, etc (and please forgive me if I missed you. For me it is now Beer-O'clock LOL).

13. Gary Sandberg

Any how could I forget the obvious - sorry Tom.