quick question.... | FerrariChat

quick question....

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by spirot, Jun 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Regarding European style License plates ... I know Cody L has one - and I love it so I bought one too... but I am a bit nervous putting it on - it does not have the county sticker ...and don't have my annual sticker... so I guess is it really legal? .... moreover my question is: Is it legal to drive with the plate? .

2. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Why does the county sticker matter? Half of them are covered with "In God We Trust" anyway. (issued by the DMV)

as for the rest of it... *shrug*

sjd

3. mjmccoymd

mjmccoymd Rookie

Aug 29, 2005
    Lawrenceville, GA (USA) & Montegridolfo, Italy
    Full Name:
    Michael McCoy
    The annual sticker *is* required.

I think you can get a replacement sticker (only), as sometimes the original one gets stolen off the plate or “falls off” if not put on well...

May not keep you from being stopped but one less part of a ticket to defend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    First off, I've never had an issue with any officer with my plate, even after following me for miles. The inspection sticker is required to be there and I used a color scanner/printer to make a high quality copy on glossy paper and clear packing tape to affix the copy to the plate. I keep the original plate in the car behind the passenger seat in case I get asked. It is "legal" to drive with event or show plates temporarily to or from a car show/event. And since when is a Ferrari not always on show ?

5. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I have had one on a car since about 1985 in one form or another and never had a problem. My 308 has one in the front, as well as my 94 E500 and Scirocco.

6. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

After seeing Cody's, I also purchased one. I am also concerned about the annual sticker not being in place as I am sure that this would be flagged if you were to be pulled over. Probably would be a reason to pull you over as well. I like Cody's idea of keeping the original in the car to produce if needed.

7. racer

racer Karting
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 17, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I have had to get replacement inspection stickers for some of my own & Doc's cars there $5 at any DMV office with your registration paperwork.

8. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Thanks, that is good to know!

9. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    are you referring to using a replica european plate with you GA TAG #? you'll need to have the annual tag on it as well.

technically not legal but itll pass unless you get a ball buster that is looking for a reason

some put the real GA plate underneath as the GEORGIA part shows. looks sloppy and defeats the purpose of the "look"

where are you ordering the plate from?

10. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    This is where I got mine and I believe Tom did as well. https://www.customeuropeanplates.com/usa-euro-style-license-plates.html

Again, it is important to note that if this plate is on the rear of the car it must have your real tag number and state flag and the annual inspection sticker, either a purchased duplicate/replacement from the the DMV or a high quality photo-copy affixed with clear tape. It is also important to keep the real state issued plate with a current inspection sticker in the car at all times and copy of registration.