SCUD pricing guide | Page 95 | FerrariChat

SCUD pricing guide

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, Aug 18, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    took me 18 months to get the CS sold a couple of years back. My guess as to why on these cars (scuds, CS) is that they have held value near the 200k +/- usd range (in the usa market anyways) and thus are now in direct "price competition" with many very fast, very cool new or newer cars. 458's are now in that range or below. McLaren's. And on and on. There are so many places to spend your sports car bucks nowadays...and older cars that have held value are a bit of a strange duck (imho scuds are a tweener between "great driving car" and "collector car" and thus not solely priced due to collectability). So they get compared to other "great driving cars" and not so much to "great cars to collect". Just means it can take a long, long time to find someone that wants a Scud when nothing else will do at the 200k +/- general price point...a "scud fanboy" for lack of a better phrase (or "cs fanboy" in my case).

kane00, rennspeed and Sergio Tavares like this.
  2. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    Well stated.

3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Dustman cant find one that meets his expectations, so its an odd market

4. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Cannot find non story red less than $299k in USA.

5. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    16M....

Sent from my 16M

dustman likes this.
  6. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    To be fair, those are 5k mile cars and asking unrealistic prices, sitting for years.

7. DeTomasoGTS74

DeTomasoGTS74 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Any thoughts as to why this car has been sitting for so long? It used to be at $170k, is resale red, US carbon pkg, clean, service history and under 10k miles. This seems like it’s priced at market value unless something is wrong with it?

Looking to make first plung into Ferrari ownership but feel like I must be missing something given clean title, spec and price?

Any advice/insights on this car from this group of experts would be appreciated.

https://www.bespokeautos.com/inventory/2008-ferrari-430-scuderia-base/172289

8. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    A perfect tdf 09 scud with 3k miles sold for 170k about 2 months ago. The car you listed is prob a 155k to 160k car if no stories.

9. DeTomasoGTS74

Dec 13, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thanks for the insight as finding prices where they have traded hands at recently has been challenging. I agree on your assessment that’s probably worth $10-15k less but one must remember two months ago the world was coming to an end and everything fell off a cliff. I’m not so sure that same tdf 09 with 3k miles would sell for that low today. Seems market fluctuations impact these cars like many wants that are not needs.

Anything you see wrong with this car outside of the obvious need for a bumper respray, headlight webbing and black paint coming off inside the doors?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    The price had nothing to do with covid - i traded in feb and owner is worth a ton

DeTomasoGTS74 likes this.
  11. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    this looks like a great car, hope you are able to close the deal! the babysmart car seats are hard to find - i ended up buying a Mercedes seat because it was the only booster i cld find with babysmart. that was for my 458 and newer cars. i believe my 430s have the manual adjustment inside the passenger door. i wld never let 10 to 15K stop me from getting a car i love...you are definitely in the right neighborhood and such an insane amount of thrill. the sound those make!!!!!

12. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #2362 freshmeat, May 25, 2020
    Last edited: May 25, 2020
    I don’t see any prime examples selling at these prices, cheapest one so far was an 08 rosso corsa w gold wheels, 17k miles, 4-owner went for 179k. Red 09s are still selling in the $190-200s depending on mileage and condition.

It didn’t have fogging headlights, hazing engine bay panels or scrape marks on the bumpers like the example you said would “prob go for 150-160k”.

And as dictated by the market, any other color than Red or White sells for $10-15k less, where silver and black examples being the most discounted. TdF is no different, doesn’t make the color any less beautiful, it’s just how the market has historically priced it.

San stripe, take another $5k off.

13. Sergio Tavares

Sergio Tavares Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sergio Tavares
    Amazing the stripe is 5k

14. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The original cost of the option when new was more than that. ~$8k+ if I remember right. So an extra $5k is a good deal! :)

Sergio Tavares likes this.
  15. MRY

MRY Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    Monterey Peninsula
    What’s the story on the black Scuderia in San Antonio?

It sounds suspect that the car was owned by a racing driver and not even done a track day or time trial or a DE club event.

Can you share any insight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. DeTomasoGTS74

Dec 13, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Eric
    $8,264

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

17. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
  18. o31982

o31982 Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    nes
    Seller is willing to share service records and if you review it its going through tires pretty frequently. I called the shop who serviced the car and the declined to comment on the car, history and an over all 1/10 rating. definitely very suspect, not sure how they can say its never been tracked. 2nd owner did put a lot of miles and as stated in another post, the headliner was replaced but it had indication of driver helmet wear.

MRY likes this.
  19. o31982

o31982 Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    nes
    #2369 o31982, Jun 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    this was discussed a few pages back, this is the car I test drove while at Black Label auto firm in Riverside, CA and the differential broke during the test drive. Car went to RMT for repairs according to dealer.

20. flsupraguy

flsupraguy Rookie

Apr 27, 2014
    Yikes

21. flsupraguy

flsupraguy Rookie

Apr 27, 2014
    Also, the scud on BAT has no records and is said to be on its third trans and previously a track nb rental car.

22. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    That thing has literally been destroyed wow...they didn’t even bother putting the Pininfarina badges back in the right place...and I’ve never seen a plenum haze/yellow...and lol at the inverted Ferrari logo on the calipers

23. MRY

MRY Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    Monterey Peninsula
    Thanks for the insight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    any evidence of any actual sales 190/200k+ in the last 3 months ?

25. SlowScud

SlowScud Karting

Oct 10, 2019
    Texas
    Know of 1 private sale at 210 a couple months ago. Very clean car. I paid a little over that for mine (also a very clean car, power warranty etc.) last year.

Just not a lot of data points or overly liquid market for good clean Scuds. So many have stories (see current BaT car). The black one that didn’t hit reserve on BaT earlier this year had front end collision damage. Some of these may be perfectly fine to enjoy but most Scud buyers want perfection and those cars are rarely for sale.

Then you get the “must have stripes” “must be red” buyers and the pool shrinks further.

Who knows... lots of options at that 200k-ish price point. Scuds just have never had that edge that RS4.0 (last manual 3RS, rare), Speciale (last NA), 997 GT2RS (last manual 2RS) have enjoyed. Maybe someday it will get credit for being the last special Ferrari of the pre-luxury era. Until then buy em and drive em.

Manda racing and DeTomasoGTS74 like this.