interior colors on 328 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

interior colors on 328

Discussion in '308/328' started by st@ven, Aug 15, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Red interiors are not common as they don't match with the very common red body paint: I never saw one car red/red from factory (but maybe someone was produded, who knows), so when you see a red/red car you know that or the interior or the paint (usually it's the paint) is no more in original factory color. Red interiors usually could be coupled with argento (silver), grigio ferro (medium grey), nero (black) and some blue.

I guess that in your 328 the interior was black from factory, but who knows.

This looks great: is that a silver car?

ciao

2. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Well: I know, as do some other persons...that is, everyone collecting chassis numbers. Yes, there are a few red body / red leather 328s; and even a few red body / red leather /red carpets / red dashboards 328s; not pretty, according to my taste. I can give you the chassis numbers, if you like...not many, perhaps four or five cars...

Rgds

3. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand

As wrote Bruno, there were several 328 Rosso with Rosso interior from the factory. I have listed around 30 328GTS and some with full know history. Some of them were also fitted with Rosso leather optional headliner, rear window surround AND dashboard !

Many are located in Germany or Switzerland. Tastes are different depending the country…. especially among Germans :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    That's the famous "German taste"... ;)

This said, I don't think that even only one had the mid console and the door cards in two colors, red and black, like shown in post #1 picture: but maybe I'm wrong.

ciao

5. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    There was one UK 328 GTS supplied red with red interior. I know it well and have seen it many times. You always need to take into account that red interiors seem to be very hard to photograph and usually look better in real life than in pictures.

6. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I do love red interiors, and I tried the impossible to get a silver 208 GTB turbo with red interiors (my 1st pick as a color combo for my personal taste): I had to give up due to an absurd money request, but I loved it.

ciao

7. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    You are right Alberto, if the seats are Rosso the mid console and the door panel ( the upper part ) must be in same colour.

8. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Interesting: I do like red interiors also, and was very interested in a silver with red interior 328 GTB, before buying my car, in the summer of 2008. That car is chassis #80347; but it has a full red interior, seats and carpets (fine by me) but also the dasboard, armrests, etc...my brother said: "all this red leather everywhere is a bit too much like a french boudoir" (well, he didn't use the word "boudoir", actually...).
    I could have a white 328 GTS with a red interior, for instance.

Rgds

308 milano likes this.
  9. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    An all red French bordello (brotel) is something I would like to visit in my life, but I wouldn't like to have it in my car... this said, the 208 GTB turbo I saw had standard black dashboard and armrests: very very nice.

Ciao

Rosey likes this.
  10. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Yes, I think with a standard black dashboard and armests, a red leather / red carpets is a very fine combination, the black toning down the red slightly.
    When everything is red including dash and armrests, that is to much of one single color (red...). I do like silver / red cars indeed...with a bit of black.

Rgds

11. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    I saw several pictures of this car but any of the interior ! Just saw the seats from exterior. Do this car has also carpets in Rosso ? Could you post photo of the interior here ?

12. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    Dr Tommy Cosgrove likes this.
  13. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    When I bought my 328, the interior was crema, but when I needed to replace the seat covers because one of them was tearing from old age, the shop discovered that the interior had been dyed and that underneath was tan! I went to the dealer and plugged my serial number into the computer, and verified that the car had left Maranello with a tan interior. So I had the shop strip all the dye, but the tan underneath was in rough shape so they re-dyed the interior, this time in tan, to match the new seat covers.

14. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Yes here you are. Black carpets. The second picture shows the (quite well known) location where the first was taken.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

bertrand328 likes this.