360 - Manual Salvage title 360 on eBay | FerrariChat

360 Manual Salvage title 360 on eBay

Discussion in '360/430' started by Natkingcolebasket69, May 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Hi guys,

Came across this car on eBay: Zffyu51a0y0122429

Couldn’t find much about it. Owner says title is clear, carfax says salavage. I guess only PPI could tell what happened to it but maybe a good deal for some?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283883160275

pilotoCS likes this.
  2. fotostars

fotostars Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Bay Area
    Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  3. Natkingcolebasket69

If it’s a clerical error, which I doubt, it’s a steal, if not I guess 55k isn’t that bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Nd4spdf1

Nd4spdf1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2020
    I was interested in this particular 360. A previous winner of the eBay auction left negative feedback for the seller stating it was in horrible condition. Maybe if that persons on here they can chime in.

5. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
    I tried contacting him 6 times over the last 4 months. It has been listed forever. He never contacted me back. I moved on. Would have been a great driver, but I now I don't trust the seller with 2 cents, so Im out.

6. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    It probably was crashed, look at the front end the bumper is definitely aftermarket stradale style. Also check the sellers feedback, Kind of a spoiler alert but it’s negative, and it’s in regards to a horrible condition used car which happened to be the same one.

7. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    sounds like there is some history to the car..... would prefer to have that laid out.... what does car fax say?

8. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    re ebay history.... who buys a ferrari on eBay... with out looking at it in person?...... guess I'm not an ebay baller!

9. Natkingcolebasket69

Oh not me but hey 55k could be a good entry in the f world for some;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    If oil price was not in turmoil I’d be eyeing something like this for a track toy .... but I’m baller on a budget for the near term.

11. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    I will speak from recent experience...you can find A LOT more 360 than that right now - and certainly no salvage title - for similar $$$. It wasn't that hard. The market on stuff is very soft ride now. There aren't a lot of people in the market for Ferraris. Yes, there are plenty of 360s in the $70s-90s, but those aren't the cars that are selling. Those are dreamers.

12. ItalienCar

ItalienCar Karting

Nov 12, 2016
    California
    They are but, this is a Gated 360...
    I also contacted the seller several times when this was on Craigslist for $80k or so and no feedback/response. At the time there was no mention of this being a salvage.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

13. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
  14. magnus911

magnus911 Rookie

Apr 19, 2010
    Colorado
    OK I bought the CarFax...

I wouldn't touch this car.

Attached Files:

15. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
    I should have saved you the $20. He also sent me an “inspection” report he got from his local oil change shop. When I asked him if I could take it for a real PPI he said no.

16. owp

owp Rookie

Sep 15, 2023
    Full Name:
    Orion Parrott
    Haha. this car is for sale on ebay again, with the same photo of the title. I actually think it's actually a scam where the seller wants you to pay the "only" $500 deposit and then he gets to keep it when things don't work out. Anyone could post this vehicle's info for sale. The seller was very friendly but it's probably an AI enabled bot. https://www.ebay.com/itm/314897523427

17. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    No good pictures of dash or under hood.

18. GogglesPisano

GogglesPisano Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2022
    East Bay, California
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Man, if I had a dollar every time the seller said "in my humble opinion," I could have bought the car :D

Seriously though, zero ebay feedback and selling something worth $60k is a red flag on its own. Plus, he states:

"When I bought I didn’t run a carfax but I had it inspected and no damage were found"

Who spends that kind of money but doesn't bother to spend $20 on a carfax? I'll tell you, someone that did run a carfax, didn't like what he saw and doesn't want to admit knowing what's on it.

EastMemphis likes this.
  19. priericky128

priericky128 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2021
    St. Louis MO
    Full Name:
    Rick
    It’s probably a scam or waste of time but when I see prices this low I gotta slap myself and not start justifying it . Thankfully already got a gated 360.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

20. Compucast

Compucast Rookie

May 9, 2020
    Unfortunately, the listing is a scam and I've reported it to eBay. I'm the one who bought the 360 in 2020 and its with me in San Jose. Someone shared the eBay listing with me earlier today and it is an -exact- copy of the previous seller's last listing for it. Sad but common on eBay.

Figure I might as well share an update to this awesome community about this car while I'm at it, you deserve it. In the beginning, it took a lot of coordinating with the previous seller to see the car and once I saw it the car did not show well -at all-. Many of us saw listings for the car pop up for ages on CL and after I saw it I understood why. I figure the seller, a nice man of advanced age, just didn't want to be bothered with all the small details that were needed: windows had tint adhesive everywhere, the headliner was falling, the replaced CS front bumper needed finishing, sticky buttons and the biggest issue was his son (who was a previous owner along with someone else in the family) installed an audio and lighting system most of which was removed from the car... except... most of the wiring was still there (and mostly still visible under the seats and under floor mats). Being an engineer I was not afraid of a 2020 Covid project so the details didn't bother me but I completely understand why he had such a hard time selling it.

Re: damage history, I do wish the seller was more transparent about the car being in an accident rather than emphasizing its clean CA title. Most of us here know the front CS bumper is a giveaway but I wouldn't be able to tell the extent of what previously done until I brought it home and took it apart and seller provided no information. I took a risk and I found there was an impact to the front driver side which explained a rebuilt radiator support / cage and aftermarket radiator. The front hood and drivers side front panels had signs of repairs but the front passenger side was still original and undamaged. In the time I've owned it, I had all bottom covers, front and rear bumpers, interior panels (including dash) out and and never found anything else. So not too bad there.

As for the important part, how did it run? Well... when I went to see it, it ran surprisingly well. Started right up, maintained a smooth idle and drove great when I took it around Cupertino/hwy 280. The seller mentioned the car was maintained by a family friend mechanic who did oil changes and also did the timing belts in 2018 which I doubted at the time but once I did my first oil change and saw new drain plugs and washers figured he might be right about that.

Car has been great but I have put a lot of work into it to bring it up-to-date for me and whoever owns it in the future (two new fuel pumps/lines, MAFs, thermostat, battery, spark plugs/all coils and timing/accessory belts where done last month with Hill Engr bearings of course) There are a few lessons here starting with don't give your son a Ferrari if he is going to put speakers and neon lighting everywhere. I took my time with this car to get it sorted and the wiring gave away a previous life with led or neon lighting on interior/engine bay as well as underbody lighting on an otherwise imperfect but very solid car (a factory gated manual let us not forget).

For what is next, I had a second child in Aug this year and have even less time to spend with it for what was a weekend toy to begin with. So, while ironically I was considering selling it next year let me assure everyone that eBay post is not mine ;)

21. CW5150

CW5150 Karting

Sep 8, 2022
    Full Name:
    David Hansen
    What a cool story. Any recent pics?

22. Compucast

Compucast Rookie

May 9, 2020
  23. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Is that Alice’s up in woodside? Great food and view. Have some friends who live right down the road and one of the highlights of visiting any of them is going to Alice’s.

I can only imagine the drive up in a 360 from San Jose. That is one curvy and narrow drive in some places with the bicycles coming down the side.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app