SO I FINALLY GOT A PISTA | FerrariChat

SO I FINALLY GOT A PISTA

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by LARRYH, May 31, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    The first time I saw the 488 Pista I knew I had to have one . To me it was perfection of the mid engine platform styling wise .. Now of course I wished it was NA but it is not .. I feel like Ferrari Design really knocked it out of the ball park styling wise..
    The phone calls began to my Dealer (who is over 200 miles away) oh boy I have a new salesman I told him I wanted a.PISTA he of course came up with all the obstacles.. you know the buy XXXX and I will see that you get a Pista allocation ... I of course told him I do not want an XXXX to which he said no problem you buy it leave it in the showroom and we will flip it for you that will get you a Pista allocation and you will likely only lose about
    100K ... I of course did not do that and despite how persistent I was ..I would not get an allocation ....

SO then I searched and searched for the perfect car like I would have ordered and of course I did not want to pay over MSRP .. I think I made offers to every dealer that had a Pista for sale that I liked... I sure did learn a
    lot during this process (took 2 years)> I learned that you can pay a lot extra for stuff you do not want (not really much of a surprise) but what a price variance.....
    SO after much searching and emailing virtually every dealer in the country i9 finally got exactly what I wanted for just a little under sticker it only has 200 miles on it and is a 2020........

2. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
  3. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
  4. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
  5. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
  6. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I have had just under a week and I have about 200 miles that I have put on it the car came from a west coast Ferrari dealer and the transaction was very easy and pleasant car arrived as described....(as new).. I have so far driven it in the rain three times I have waited so long I could not wait for a dry day ..and it drive very nice the sound is not bad ...it is not as good as a Scuderia but it is a different sound and still aggressive sounding.. I will say it is very fast yet very reassuring I can see I will go through tires .. but dam its fun.....I keep it in race and manual mode and on the highway up to say 60 I keep it in 4th gear and maybe shift it to 5th above 60 makes for a very responsive and fast car...
    I guess one more thing it is a car that WILL attract attention no getting around it in this

mdrums, Pistolero, Bundy and 6 others like this.
  7. islandtrader

islandtrader Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2013
    Congrats! I have a pista for about 3 months as well and it’s an all around awesome car. It attracts crazy attention! Sound is good, don’t let the NA guys tell you otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

54greg and LARRYH like this.
  8. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I have to say I agree the sound is much better than I expected .. might be the inconel exhaust system on the Pista but it definitely is pleasant sounding .....the car will go into my detailer for a paint correction and ceramic coating when I don't mind not driving it for a few days

Caeruleus11 and Gh21631 like this.
  9. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Huge congrats and she is a stunner. Glad you were able to find one that ticked all the boxes for you. I think you are out of room now in the garage.

Thank you for sharing.

LARRYH likes this.
  10. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    If you want to add a bit of fun to the sound, add a controller like the Forza which keeps the valves open at the touch of a button. Stock, the valves close as soon as you let up off the throttle which squelches the beautiful pops and gurgles that help add to the excitement of driving the car. With the valves open, it really keeps it more engaging. A very worthwhile mod.

Art138 and LARRYH like this.
  11. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Thank you very much .. I am constantly out of room in my garage but not to worry I also have another 2000 sq feet at my office .. so I keep a few over flow cars at there ... .. I am an avid car guy.....for sure...
    The pista really is a car I just had to have but could not pay over list ...
    I will say during my hunt several Ferrari Chat members contacted me and offered their cars to me for very fair prices which I really appreciated...

ScottS, Bundy, Caeruleus11 and 5 others like this.
  12. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    sounds like I will have to do it I have the Capristo remote valve control on several of my other cars....and it is nice

johnr265 and SECRET like this.
  13. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I want to add one more thing .. This was truly an extensive search for a car ... I emailed literally every red pista that was for sale I prefer not to speak to the Saleman unless we are getting close as no need to get into a negative conversation ...
    I did meet some very nice salesmen I will give their first names one is Tom who is a member here and reaches out to me several times , so maybe another time , the next is Kieth who is at a North Carolina dealer and truly seems nice to me I came very close to doing a deal with him but it was between his car and the one I got .. the car I purchased was from AMIR at a california dealer he was first class all the way no BS fees on the car just the price we agreed to by email
    (just under list) and he handled and arranged shipping to Va...a first class deal ....
    Now I also ran into a couple of not so great Salesman one of which ignored my please do not call request and called me in the middle of taking my wife out in Palm Beach for her birthday.....that call did not go well and he harassed me after that to bad because they had a lot of cars....all in all an interesting time ....

14. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Thanks Larry. You tanked the entire US economy just so you could buy a Ferrari at sticker!

Just kidding. Beautiful car.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

kingp0820, Rick Weston, Bundy and 3 others like this.
  15. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    yeah but now that I got it .. we can get the economy back on Track to 30000 dow....

16. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    really awesome Larry! congrats and enjoy it!

LARRYH likes this.
  17. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Amir from Beverly Hills is very cool. Glad you got the car from him.

MarkTodd and LARRYH like this.
  18. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Awesome find! Huge congratulations! I approve of your color choice too!

LARRYH likes this.
  19. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    yes he was very straight forward .. seems like a good guy ....may do a another deal with him someday
    and based on my limited experience with him I would highly recommend him... made it as easy as it could be .....

Bundy and MarkTodd like this.
  20. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Congrats Larry. Great looking car.

LARRYH likes this.
  21. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Congrats LarryH !!!

MDS

LARRYH likes this.
  22. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    We are having a large C&C later in June, driver it up from the beach. Beautiful car and congratulations.

Jo Sta7 and LARRYH like this.
  23. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I agree it is better than some let on. The in car sound is good. When going through a tunnel is where I find it lacks. The exhaust manifolds are the only Inconel part, but you can get aftermarket exhausts and cat pipes in Inconel=)

LARRYH likes this.
  24. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    It's PERFECT!! Congrats, drive it in good health

LARRYH likes this.