458 Italia to Speciale Conversion, Done! Pics Inside | Page 5 | FerrariChat

458 Italia to Speciale Conversion, Done! Pics Inside

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by BurakUsta, Mar 5, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I see it differently. If the OP was contemplating undertaking this modification to his car and requested opinions whether he should do it or not, then it is fully acceptable to honestly voice ones thoughts whether negative or not. Similarly , if someone posts a photo of a car they have already purchased , offering an opinion that is highly critical of the color or the interior is merely hurtful with no positive benefit. Prior to the purchase, offering a negative opinion may or may not be beneficial but it is not rude or inappropriate.

BurakUsta likes this.
  2. PKIM

PKIM Karting

Jan 1, 2004
    Redlands
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Nice job, really looks great. I also vote for no stripes.

BurakUsta likes this.
  3. RBarbieri

RBarbieri Karting

Feb 11, 2014
    Bradenton, FL
    Full Name:
    Rich Barbieri
    I like what you did and will always defend your right to modify as you see fit.

BurakUsta likes this.
  4. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    With the erosion of first amendment rights, perhaps laws prohibiting the unauthorized modification of F cars should be considered.Many on this forum would undoubtedly suppport such a Bill.

5. speedy pete

speedy pete Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    darkside of the moon
    Full Name:
    Pete B
    it looks cool...

BurakUsta likes this.
  6. Kccheng

Kccheng Rookie

Feb 26, 2018
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Chengkingchung
    Great job!

A short question, what modification/adjustment u did for the fenders to fit the new bumper?

BurakUsta likes this.
  7. deimh

deimh Karting

Sep 4, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    David
    OP - that looks fantastic and if that is what makes you happy go for it - and as you see the vast majority of real enthusiast love your work!

To the few flaming him - "get a life"...

BurakUsta likes this.
  8. deimh

deimh Karting

Sep 4, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    David
    Is "people talking at movies" correct grammatically - don't think so... :p:p:p

(sorry Nuno, couldn't resist trying to lighten the mood :))

BurakUsta likes this.
  9. Khalid Althani

May 30, 2020
    Full Name:
    Khalid Althani
    Hey i hope you and your family are well brother. Please if you can tell me when you got your 458 speciale conversion parts you would be doing me a huge favor brother

BurakUsta likes this.
  10. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    What ever floats your boat. As long as it is not being sold as a Speciale.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

BurakUsta likes this.
  11. bml71

bml71 Karting

Mar 2, 2019
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bradd Lewis
    The thing I don’t get is why anyone would ever spend as much money as we do on our cars for any reason other than it’s what YOU want. To the OP nice job, regardless of what anyone else thinks or would do he’s simply enjoying the experience of having a car and doing what he wants with it.
    People also have the right to disagree with his choices and tastes and say that it’s something that they would not do but surely it’s not something that needs to be wrapped in insults and name calling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The rear of that car looks amazing.

BurakUsta and Boomhauer like this.
  13. Citadel

Citadel Karting

Aug 6, 2017
    Dallas, Texas
    Looking good! I appreciate your passion to build what you want. It’s America and you have the freedom to make the choices you want on your car. It’s your money and your dream.
    It doesn’t matter to me if you are doing it because you personally like the style or if you are doing it to impress others. It’s your money and your car. No issues on clones for me as long as a future buyer isn’t fooled to think it is something it isn’t.

BurakUsta likes this.
  14. Tony T

Tony T Rookie

May 20, 2018
    Malibu
    Full Name:
    Tony Virella
    Hi great job my friend, at the end of the day its YOUR car! If changing the look improves your love for the car then so be it. Enjoy it in good health. Are you adding any mods to increase the power as well?

BurakUsta likes this.
  15. BurakUsta

BurakUsta Formula Junior

May 27, 2014
    Istanbul/Turkey
    Full Name:
    Burak Usta
  16. BurakUsta

BurakUsta Formula Junior

May 27, 2014
    Istanbul/Turkey
    Full Name:
    Burak Usta
    I already have catless exhaust and tune.
    Also custom speciale spec exhaust system

Tapatalk Pro kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

17. BurakUsta

BurakUsta Formula Junior

May 27, 2014
    Istanbul/Turkey
    Full Name:
    Burak Usta
    Mechanic slightly widened the front fenders to fit the front bumper

18. BurakUsta

BurakUsta Formula Junior

May 27, 2014
    Istanbul/Turkey
    Full Name:
    Burak Usta
    A lot of carbon fiber and bucket seats

19. Citadel

Citadel Karting

Aug 6, 2017
    Dallas, Texas
    Can you share a few more pictures of the interior?
    What did you have done to the interior?
    Looks awesome!

BurakUsta likes this.
  20. BurakUsta

BurakUsta Formula Junior

May 27, 2014
    Istanbul/Turkey
    Full Name:
    Burak Usta
    Total cost inc labor repaint(rosso fuoco at the ferrari dealer) parts wheels buckets seats ****load of carbon fiber many many small parts are about 150k euro close to 180k us dollars.

The main point of this conversion is really simple.
    This was my first ferrari, i got the car when i was 22 years old, i was scared to drive it back then.

I know it sounds stupid to spend that amount of money on a car but I don’t see it that way. I see this car as a story of my life, its like a part of me. I have tons of good and bad memories in it.

This conversion is nothing to do about not having enough money to buy a speciale, and i never ever tried or will try to fool someone that my car is a speciale.

Its just not, and i know it, whole country know it(Turkey) and i am proud, thats all.

I enjoy having my car, and i know i will never sell it to anyone but give it to my son(hopefully)

21. BurakUsta

BurakUsta Formula Junior

May 27, 2014
    Istanbul/Turkey
    Full Name:
    Burak Usta
    DefunctNeurons likes this.
  22. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    #122 Bundy, May 31, 2020
    Last edited: May 31, 2020
    Thank you for sharing your project with us. I’m impressed with your passion, tenacity, and skills. You’re definitely a traditional “car guy” who likes to tinker with his car.

I have similar feelings about our 1997 Porsche 993TT. It was the first expensive toy I ever bought. Drove my kids in it with baby seats in the back. It was my daily driver for nearly ten years, with snow tires in winter. Tracked it all over the Eastern U.S. and eventually crashed it in the Kink at Road America in 2004. The entire right side had to be replaced and the frame stretched on a Celette. It isn’t as customized as your 458, but it does have 996 Cup racing seats, Euro bumpers, and a custom McIntosh audio system with subs in the rear footwells. So not purist stock.

It looks and drives great, but at times, I considered replacing it with another unmolested lower mileage example. But that 993TT wouldn’t be MY 993TT with all the cool history and life experiences - good and bad. My now grown kids have begged me to never sell it.

Everytime I look at it or drive it, I relive some of the best memories of my life. It’s part of the family. Kudos to you on a very interesting project that adds to your life’s journey. Like you, I hope to simply pass the car down to my son.

SECRET, amenasce and BurakUsta like this.
  23. SPOM13

SPOM13 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2015
    Wow. Awesome. I'd just like to have the Speciale rear bumper....is that possible without changing a bunch of stuff?TIA

24. mrchaztsai

mrchaztsai Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2020
    Hong Kong/Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Charlie T
    LOVE the new color, and massive props to not only making the car your own, but doing it RIGHT with all OEM parts!

BurakUsta likes this.
  25. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    no don't do that. it's a car, just a car.